Author Topic: The Official Fates Warning thread v. Theories of Flight  (Read 84077 times)

Offline Mladen

Re: The Official Fates Warning thread v. Theories of Flight
« Reply #1400 on: September 07, 2017, 11:57:58 PM »
They're playing my city. I'm not a huge fan, but I went and had a good time last time around, so I might consider going again.

Offline Tomislav95

• I am an exile, a sojourner
  • A citizen of some other place
« Reply #1401 on: September 08, 2017, 12:51:28 AM »
They miss Zagreb this time but tbh this could make me visit Slovenia, ToF might be my favorite album of this decade :azn: BTW they get so much more concerts than us :'( (I guess Mladen knows what I'm talking about, too)
And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do. - Michael Scott

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1402 on: September 08, 2017, 01:57:11 AM »
Yeah, Slovenia gets more concerts than Croatia, which gets more concerts than Serbia. But we still get more concerts than Bosnia and Herzegovina.  ;)

Offline wolfking

« Reply #1403 on: September 08, 2017, 06:30:12 AM »
http://fateswarning.com/2017/09/07/announcing-next-european-tour-dates-and-live-release-recordings/
New live album

Awesome!  :metal Hopefully, a DVD too.

Hopefully, but since Jim mentions Still Life and there have been DVD's since then, it might only be an album.  Fingers crossed though.  The new album deserves a thorough representation of a live CD and DVD.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #1404 on: September 08, 2017, 06:41:26 AM »
I hope for a live DVD too! But I agree it seems unlikely because the way they announced it.
"... one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
    • Michael R. Ebert
« Reply #1405 on: September 08, 2017, 08:16:04 AM »
Really disappointed it sounds like they're only doing a live ALBUM.  After seeing the Awaken the Guardian blu ray, I'm itching for a blu ray of this current version of FW on the Theories of Flight tour.  The last live video release they had was Live in Athens from like 2004, which was so long ago.  Hopefully they reconsider and do a video release too.  Personally, I never listen to live albums, but I'll sure watch a video!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che (original lineup) Archivist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net
« Reply #1406 on: September 08, 2017, 08:24:25 AM »
Really disappointed it sounds like they're only doing a live ALBUM.  After seeing the Awaken the Guardian blu ray, I'm itching for a blu ray of this current version of FW on the Theories of Flight tour.  The last live video release they had was Live in Athens from like 2004, which was so long ago.  Hopefully they reconsider and do a video release too.  Personally, I never listen to live albums, but I'll sure watch a video!

Me too. But it is hard to financially justify it. AtG was a no-brainer, because those were two sold out performances of a legendary record with the guys that recorded it. That's a big deal. But while I consider Theories of Flight to be one of Fates Warning's best records (its up there as arguably the best record with Ray), it simply doesn't draw enough attention to probably cover the cost of capturing and producing a Blu-ray. Sucks though. I wish they could find a way. Hell, I'd contribute a bunch on a kickstarter or go fund me something to raise money for it.
This Samsära guy doesn't post too much, but he's pretty much always right.  :tup

Offline SoundscapeMN

• allmediareviews
« Reply #1407 on: September 08, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »
same, per their tours never come to my hometown (last was in 2001).

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
  • Cause you're in the danger zone
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #1408 on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
I'm thrilled that they are making a point to avoid overlap as much as possible for this live set.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che (original lineup) Archivist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net
« Reply #1409 on: September 08, 2017, 12:35:33 PM »
I'm thrilled that they are making a point to avoid overlap as much as possible for this live set.

Amen. Gonna be fantastic. My hopes are:

Seven Stars
White Flag
The Light and Shade of Things
From the Rooftops
One Thousand Fires
Firefly

>>>And then whatever else. But I am really hoping this six make the cut for the live record.
This Samsära guy doesn't post too much, but he's pretty much always right.  :tup

Offline sfam2112

• oops...
« Reply #1410 on: September 08, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »

Amen. Gonna be fantastic. My hopes are:

Seven Stars
White Flag
The Light and Shade of Things
From the Rooftops
One Thousand Fires
Firefly

>>>And then whatever else. But I am really hoping this six make the cut for the live record.

They were playing Pale Fire and Part of The Machine on the last tour. I'm hoping they bring those back for the live album. Also, not very likely, but I hope they bust out either "And Yet it Moves" or "Ghosts of Home", as those are my favorites from their respective albums. I'm pretty confident that "Rooftops", "Light and Shade", and "Firefly" will make the cut, at least. :) I'd also love to see...hear "White Flag", as well.
My music:
https://www.reverbnation.com/tommybritt

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie