Author Topic: Recommend me some pre-LS Porcupine Tree v. Oh noes another PT thread...  (Read 7888 times)

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Fuck sake this is such a joke, the special editions should be delivered first, and before the fucking premier. I'm gonna be /so/ pissed if it's not here tomorrow.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Oh okay, now that I think of it I did know about this, just forgot and didn't know when it was coming out.
Wait, so you need to buy the (sold out) special edition to get the CDs? Eh. I don't know if I just want the DVD.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Sintheros

• The Thunder Panda!
  • DTF.org Member
  • Behind those eyes a world explodes.
I want Prodigal.  :yeahright
caw caw

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
I couldn't really care less about Prodigal TBH; have never been crazy about it. I'm interested in the second CD mostly.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Uhh to be perfectly honest, I can't stand the first three albums outside of a few songs. Signify is worth a shot, but Stupid Dream is where they got really good.

Honestly I think the "band factor" has influenced me in thinking this way. Seems like once Steven got some dedicated people behind him as opposed to PT being his solo project, things began improving.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
Uhh to be perfectly honest, I can't stand the first three albums outside of a few songs.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
Fuck sake this is such a joke, the special editions should be delivered first, and before the fucking premier. I'm gonna be /so/ pissed if it's not here tomorrow.
MY COPY STILL ISN'T HERE!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
People who 'only' like the albums post & including Stupid Dream shouldn't call themselves a PT-fan.  :biggrin:

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
People who 'only' like the albums post & including Stupid Dream shouldn't call themselves a PT-fan.  :biggrin:
People who think that way are probably mentally insufficient in more ways than one.

Offline bodiesinflight

• I prefer drone

I don't understand how anyone can not like TSMS or Signify
Drowned in Sound
Echoes & Dust
Stereoboard

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member

or Up the Downstair...
On the Sunday of Life is also very good, but you have to take it for what it is. :P

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone

or Up the Downstair...
On the Sunday of Life is also very good, but you have to take it for what it is. :P

All of these.

space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
People who think that way are probably mentally insufficient in more ways than one.

:lol

I pretty much love all of it, but a fan doesn't need to like everything. People who fellate everything a bad does no matter what are more annoying than people who criticize certain albums or songs IMO (*coughespeciallylotsofdreamtheaterfanscough*)

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Heh.

I'm not a huge fan of space rock/psychedelic/whatever the hell you want to call the first three albums. It bores me, and I very much prefer more straightforward band-oriented prog rock. Sue me.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Totally understandable, but that is some of my favorite stuff. Depends on my mood, though.

Or how much psilocybin is in my system :neverusethis:

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
1. On the Sunday of Life
EP. Voyage 34
2. Up the Downstair
3. The Sky Moves Sideways
4. Signify
5. Stupid Dream

Out of these, this is my top 3:

1. Signify
2. The Sky Moves Sideways
3. Voyage 34

To pick my top moment from every album:

1. The low bass in Light Mass Prayer: Instant goosebumps, and a nice way of testing your subs.
2. The very first moments on The Sky... Those chords, those sounds, great great great.
3. The beginning of Phase III, the psy trance like intro to that track is great to listen to, but awful to wake up to (I've tried this)
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
I've neglected Signify, man it's good! I prefer the live versions though, the album's production is a bit lame.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
I've neglected Signify, man it's good! I prefer the live versions though, the album's production is a bit lame.
I don't know tbh, i like the production. ;D

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
Adding to the filler conversation earlier, I actually just recently listened to "Light Mass Prayers" by itself and loved it.  Great song.