Author Topic: A Cappella metal!  (Read 3176 times)

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
A Cappella metal!
« on: May 18, 2010, 05:22:07 AM »
I just found this amazing band who play metal a cappella style, and their latest album includes two covers (nightwish and manowar):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGQiGEYl4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiESgYr35gA

What do you guys think?

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
Re: A Cappella metal!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 05:25:50 AM »
LOL! The bass guitar is a voice?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 05:53:01 AM »
It ain't a capella since it has real drums. I'm sorry to be a stickler since I usually hate posts like the one I'm making but it's such an easy fix since beatboxing's been around for at least 30 years and you'd think with this being their gimmick they wouldn't have overlooked it. Nifty at any rate.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:24:42 AM »
Knew about them for a while, I think someone posted them here a couple years ago, their cover of Metallica's Battery is hilarious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEwNrjvNiYs&feature=channel
The whole thing doesn't really work out live though.

EDIT: OMG I just found out they covered Puppets in their latest album, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSpuVsLnl1k&feature=related
mum mum mumum umumum du dum
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline AwakeFromOctavarium

• Penguin wins by default.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »
their cover of Metallica's Battery is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEwNrjvNiYs&feature=channel

Everyone here agrees that the bald guy is the best ever :rollin
<br />Girls are like square roots; If they\\\'re under 18, do them in your head.<br />
You Americans feed the bears with bacon! That's why they've grown so ferocious!

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »
It ain't a capella since it has real drums. I'm sorry to be a stickler since I usually hate posts like the one I'm making but it's such an easy fix since beatboxing's been around for at least 30 years and you'd think with this being their gimmick they wouldn't have overlooked it. Nifty at any rate.

A Cappella with real drums. Happy? :P

• DT.net Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 02:23:01 PM »

A Cappella with real drums. Happy? :P

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/a+capella

Vegan with beef gravy ;)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 02:26:22 PM »
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »
Does it really matter if you call it a cappella or just vocal-based metal? I think most people get the idea either way.

Anyways, it's cool stuff, though not something I'd listen to often.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 02:30:07 PM »
Does it really matter if you call it a cappella or just vocal-based metal? I think most people get the idea either way.

All of that.  So shut up, black_floyd.  Just shut up.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »
The girls voice on the pre-chorus to MoP is pretty awesome. In fact she's pretty awesome overall.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »

All of that.  So shut up, black_floyd.  Just shut up.

Get your panties out yer ass crack brother. I called it nifty in my first post and meant it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 03:12:39 PM »
SHUT UP I HACK YOU!!!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »
The girls voice on the pre-chorus to MoP is pretty awesome. In fact she's pretty awesome overall.
Yeah I was quite taken back by her vocals. I actually really liked the sound of those songs when the people weren't impersonating guitars.
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
Yeah I was quite taken back by her vocals. I actually really liked the sound of those songs when the people weren't impersonating guitars.

Ba-Tar-ee Ba-Tar-ee!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
I heard them a while ago. Even though it sounds really weird at first, they are really damn good at doing it. I only heard the Battery and Wishmaster covers, I'd actually be interested in hearing a whole album :D