Author Topic: 20 Most Influential Albums in Lonestar's Life  (Read 6822 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
20 Most Influential Albums in Lonestar's Life
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:12:28 AM »
A twist on the "best of" list, I though I would list the 20 albums that influenced me the most, albeit musically or personally.  It will start on the music side, but will get very personal at the end, and the best part is, you can't argue it, because it's my life.  Feel free to comment, and I hope in the process, I can introduce some of you to some new music.  Enjoy....

20- Us by Peter Gabriel- An album that helped me think outside of the classic "rock and roll" box.  Through a litanny of instruments ond vocal stylings, he showed me a beauty in music that I didn't know existed, especially in Secret World and Come Talk to Me. Also, the words behind these two songs hold a lot of meaning for me.  Come Talk to Me always made me recollect on my introverted nature, and how I always wish I could get around that "barbed wire fence" and be open with people.  Secret World always held for me the illusion of an unnatainable love, one that none were worthy of.  When my daughter was born, I found out I was wrong about that.

19- 2112 by Rush- Pureley a musical choice.  I consider 2112 my introduction to the concept album.  Even though at the time, I had all ready heard many of Yes' longer compositions and both of the Who's operas, 2112 was the first story I could follow, both musically and lyrically.  It set the stage for many concept albums to come, many of which will be coming up on this list.  Also, the Discovery section of the album in unspeakably beautiful.

side note-  any interpretation of lyrics are those of lonestar, if you have a different opinion, feel free to express it, and if you read something online about what a certain song means, feel free to state it, but remember, this list is how they affected my life, and since you didn't live my life, you will ultimately be wrong.

Anyhow, enjoy the list, and hopefully some of you will connect with what goes on, or will be shown a different side of an album you've loved your whole life, or will find an album you will come to love. :lonestar:

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 20 Most Influential Albums in Lonestar's Life
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:20:06 AM »
FINALLY someone else paying attention to Us!  Those are my two favorite songs on the album as well, its just absolutely amazing.  Funny that 2112 was your introduction to concept albums when it isn't one.  My intro was "The Wall."  Its interesting how people get into those things.  I'll definitely be following.  :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:22:25 AM »
I Remember hearing Digging in The Dirt an thinking that Peter was from the future because his sound was always light years ahead of everybody else.  That woody, earth, thumping bass still gives me the chills.

What can I say about Rush. Once I got MP, I went hogwild on all the back log on their albums and 2112 blew me away.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
Yeah, Tom Sawyer started it for me too.  And yes, Us is a very underrated album.  I would easily consider either song as one of my all time favorites.  Come Talk to Me even made me tolerate Sinead O'Connor(she does the amazing backing vocals).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:40:09 AM »
I came into this thread expecting to post something.  But upon reading your actual selections, I am now too weak from an episode of chain vomiting that I can't put together a coherent response.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 12:03:22 PM »
I came into this thread expecting to post something.  But upon reading your actual selections, I am now too weak from an episode of chain vomiting that I can't put together a coherent response.
You think that's bad, I got a Styx album in the top ten, and DT checks in highest at no 7. Remember, though, these are my most  influential albums, not my favorites or the best of.  They will mostly concern how they intertwined with my life.  For example, their is not a single Zeppelin album on the list, even though IV and Physical Graffiti would easily make a best of list.  So go brush your teeth, get a glass of water, and enjoy this rare insight into my life.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »
No, I'm just giving you crap.  They're fine choices for either type of list, actually.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »
You think that's bad, I got a Styx album in the top ten, and DT checks in highest at no 7.
:caffeine:

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
I'll definitely be following this list, lonestar. I'm sure that I'll love all of your choices, especially since I already love the two albums you listed.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »
Cool idea.  Will be following this thread... :hat

Nothing wrong with Styx at all, either, so don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Like skydivingninja said, 2112 is not a concept album, but given the conceptual nature of the title track, I can see why it was the connective tissue that led you to concept albums.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 01:20:33 PM »
Cool idea!  Will be following.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »
So as I have been thinking about this list, It will be much more than a best of.  I realize it is going to be an in depth introspection of my life, the good and the bad.  I'm going to have to dig deep into my honesty well to pull this one off, but in the end I feel it is going to be educational for you and theraputic for me.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
I've been considering doing a Top 20 thread of some sort for a while now, but there's always some milling round, so I've always waited. I think I might just have to go out and make it sometime.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 03:51:57 PM »
Will follow, especially seeing how great your first two albums are.  I guess the only way a crappy album would make the list would be if it were something like: "#4 Backstreet Boys (album) - made me realize popular music sucks major ass."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 03:15:49 AM »
Number of the Beast-Iron Maiden-My introduction to metal, nuff said.  But then, as I grow older, I notice things in the album that I didn't notice when I was 17.  The dichotomy they develop between good and evil by riding the hinges of evil through the whole album showed me that the two are a pair, and cannot exist without each other.  Even today, I still clean my house to this album, and the house is clean in 45 minutes.  Subconsious issues you say?  Stay tuned.

Just a Game-Triumph- I wondered which Triumph album to add to this list, because they have been a great influence in my life all together,  and it came down to this and Allied Forces, but Just a Game won out because of the song Hold On.  Granted. Moving On was one of the first rock songs I loved, but Hold On was the first showed me WHY music is important, at the tender age of 9.  I so much wanted to throw Magic Power into this list, but Hold On held the spirit more.  
Hold on, hold on to your dreams, hold on, even though it seems, everyone around you has their little schemes, just listen to your heart, and hold on, to your dreams
At that tender age, those words were incredably powerful, and were very responsible for hooking me to music forever.

Europe-Grateful Dead- I had to work the Dead in here somewhere, being that I've seen them over 30 times.  I could have said a bootleg like Mardi Gras, Oakland, '92, but I wanted to include and accesible album, and for the live Dead, none do it better than Europe.  Great renditions of Jack Straw, and the China Cat/I Know You Rider is better than any live version I have seen.  For those of you on the forum who never got the honor of seeing Jerry live, I feel sorry for you, he was one of the best.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 03:17:58 AM »
Listening to No. 5 right now. :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 04:58:30 AM »
For me, Thunder 7 did it for me.  i liked Triumph a lot and fight the good fight was great and A World of Fantisy was cool but Thunder & just kiicked my ass.

You know what, Peace of Mind what my album of choice.  Number, was my intrduction to IM but too this day, POM is my fav. IM CD.(Or album in those days :D)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline AwakeFromOctavarium

• Penguin wins by default.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 05:09:11 AM »
Subconsious issues you say?  Stay tuned.

I will, sir!
<br />Girls are like square roots; If they\\\'re under 18, do them in your head.<br />
You Americans feed the bears with bacon! That's why they've grown so ferocious!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »
OK, let's bust out a couple more before we get to the heavy stuff....

Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd- Musical perfection, there is no other way I can put it.  This album is the litmus test I hold all other albums to.  In a best of list, it would easily be in the top five.  The combination of Brain Damage/Eclipse is easily one of the best musical transitions I know, and Us and Them still moves me to hard emotion.  This is the only album on the list that made it solely on musical merit alone.  A work of art.

All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes- Pete Townshend- Pete's first appearance on the list, but not his last.  As the most influential musical artist in my life, he will show up more.  Cowboys was a settling effort for him, made when he had a couple of years under his belt to deal with Moon's death.  It showed his first signs of real maturity, and it came at a time when I needed said maturity.  As to topics such as friendship, love, and betrayal, the album gave them an honest and real treatment, and helped educate me in a time when I needed it.  One line, from The Sea Refuses No River, I will carry with me forever, "The sea refuses no river, remember that, when the beggar buys a round."  I see this as a lesson in showing the ultimate humility, in making an effort to empathize with all, no matter what they show on the cover.  Goodness is goodness, no matter the source.

One for the Road- Thie Kink's- I had to include The Kink's on this list.  As music goes, they have always been my goodtime, have fun, let's rock, favorite artist.  One for the Road is a classic example of why they are one of the best live shows around.  For all of you post MTV cats, check this album out, and get an insight into what the soul of rock and roll looks like.  I saw The Kink's many times, and they still are one of the best shows I have ever seen, mainly because with them, it wasn't a show, but a party, and you were the guest of honor.

Well, that does it for the casual choices, with maybe the exception of the next album on the list, they get personal.  Prepare to enter the mind of lonestar.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
I saw "Europe" in bold and I was so psyched that "The Final Countdown" was on your list...until I saw the artist.

I find it really odd that I've never checked out Pete's solo stuff.  I know "Let My Love Open the Door," but I'm pretty ignorant to everything else he did outside The Who.  I'll have to remedy this.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »
I saw "Europe" in bold and I was so psyched that "The Final Countdown" was on your list...until I saw the artist.

I find it really odd that I've never checked out Pete's solo stuff.  I know "Let My Love Open the Door," but I'm pretty ignorant to everything else he did outside The Who.  I'll have to remedy this.
Yes you will.  His solo stuff is so much more mature because it was all done after Moon's death.  He does a solo version of Let My Love Open The Door wich is almost haunting.  On a side note, in that song, he is talking about god's love easing pain.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »
Love the Grateful Dead :)

Never had the honor of seeing them live :sadpanda:. I was only 6 when Jerry died...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 09:59:31 PM »

Never had the honor of seeing them live :sadpanda:. I was only 6 when Jerry died...
Not to make you jealous, but I saw them over 30 times.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »

Europe-Grateful Dead- I had to work the Dead in here somewhere, being that I've seen them over 30 times.  I could have said a bootleg like Mardi Gras, Oakland, '92, but I wanted to include and accesible album, and for the live Dead, none do it better than Europe.  Great renditions of Jack Straw, and the China Cat/I Know You Rider is better than any live version I have seen.  For those of you on the forum who never got the honor of seeing Jerry live, I feel sorry for you, he was one of the best.

That stretch of Jack Straw, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider is  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Ditto for me.  Seen them about 30 times.  There were stretches in the mid-late 80s when it was painful to hear Jerry's voice.  Oddly enough, his singing improved greatly in the 90s.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »

I KNOW YOU SAID THAT.

My dad has seen them around 20 times. He refused to see The Dead last May because it was minus Jerry. Even though I hadn't been to a GD show at all he didn't want to take me :(

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 04:40:48 AM »
Yessongs- Yes- My favorite band.  I have memories of playing air guitar to Roundabout off this album from when I was eight years old.  One of the benefits of having a brother ten years older than you is that he gives you a head start on the best shit around.  One of the best things my brother Mark did for me was show me this album.  At a young, tender age, when I knew no music at all, I had Yes thrust into me.  I had no other Yes album besides the double vinyl of Yessongs, and had no other music till I was around 12 or 13.  I love music because of Yessongs.  More from Yes in this list to come.

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence- If you don't know the artist, bosk will ban you shortly- The first of the two DT albums on the list.  I put it's influence mostly two disc two and The Glass Prison.  Intensly personal to me.  When I first heard Solitary Shell, I swear someone was reading my mind.  I dont think I have had my personality laid out on music in that detail ever.  I remember being at the Warfield in SF, watching DT play the second disc, and when they hit that song, I lost it.  One thing I have to give DTF, you all have managed to fuck up many of my preconcieved notions on the meanings of DT songs.  When I started reading DT threads about songs I had loved for many years, and I thought I knew what they meant, I would see a post, and say to myself,"fuck, guess I was wrong"  But, according to the OP of this thread, I will stick with my initial interpretations, and as I said, this is according to my life, so in the end, you will be wrong.  As for Six Degrees, I listen to it religiously, and learn new things every time.

The Wall- Pink Floyd- One of my favorites of all time.  I include it on this list, though, because it tought me some of the basics of personality construct, at a very early age.  From the Wall, I learned how we repress memories, and how we use those repressed memories dictates how we behave and live.  As you will see later in the list, I didn't learn enough from my early exposure to this wisdom, but at least I understood its mechanics.  I learned that we can freeze memories and experiences, and if we hold on to them too long, they will stand in the way of where we are going, or what we may become, thereby becoming bricks in the wall, barring us from what beauty may lie ahead.  I give this album credit for teaching me the process of repression, and how it will ultimately hinder you.(wrote three papers in school on The Wall, got an A on all of them).  Beyond all this, just a killer fucking album!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 10:01:24 AM »
Before continuing with the list, I need to give you all a little of my history, as it is a cornerstone of a lost of the rest of this process.  As I have stated in other places on these boards before, I was a severely abused child.  The abuse lasted throughout most of my childhood, and obviously was a very central part of my growing up.  I only state this now so that on most of the rest of this list, I don't have to repeat myself, but will simply refer to the experience as "my childhood."

Subterannea- I.Q.- A stellar concept album by one of my favorite artist.  Throughout I.Q.'s first five albums, I always felt that lead singer Nichols was singing to me, comforting me, securing me, and guiding me.  Maybe with the exception of Pete Townshend, no other musician has owned my heart and soul like him.  Even though I've listened to the album religiously for 13 years, I'm still a touch unsure as to the story line, but the music is haunting and beautiful, and the lyrics are unparralleled.
Without the darkness in my soul, with arms to call my own,
I face the future unafraid, and I won't be alone
There's a place, where all my dreaming,
will free me from what I became,
and I know no one can reach me,
every time, you speak my name, you speak my name.

Nowhere was ever safe for all of us,
No one contender cared about, getting out,
Tied now, behind the hungry fire, meant for us,
scattered like dust and finally free,
Held together by fear, I can't be the same, to much has changed,
Undeniably real and it's better left unsaid,
All the love you said was nothing, found a rhinestone, not a diamond,
I never wanted this, left alive, and laid to rest.

These words helped me in my recovery from the events of my childhood, spoke to me, soothed me.  It is one of those albums I listen to religiously. learning new things each time.
*puts Subterranea in stereo*

Images and Words- duh!!-  Another appearance from DTF's house band, and another album fucked up when I joined DTF.  It's amazing how you can interpet things one way way for almost twenty years, and find out you were completely wrong.  Anyways, I'm going to stick with my initial feelings on this one.  Besides being my introduction to my favorite band, this album held many moments of hope and beauty for me.  I'll single out two songs, Surrounded and Learning to live.  Surrounded, to me, was the eternal search for the supreme light to wrap around yourself, as a blanket of strenght to help shield oneself against the battles that may lie ahead.  It ws also about showing the personal strength for such battles...
I know it's easier, to walk away, than look it in the eye, blah blah blah you know the rest.
 Learning to live, TO ME, was the struggle to move on from great tragedy or suffering.  When the album came out, I was emerging from very dark times, and the song provided much needed hope to me.  To this day, this is still my most listened to DT album.

Brave- Marrilion- The first of two albums that changed me forever.  There was a time in my late teens, early twenties, when I was that little girl up on the bridge, deciding whether to jump, and free myself from a lot of pain and suffering.(I'm very cool now, don't call the suicide hotlines).  Brave gave me a sense of understanding, a sense of solace, in some very dark days.  The struggle that the girl goes through in the album so much reflected my own, it gave me a template to study myself, and induce lifesaving changes.  I owe much to this album.
Waiting to be recognized, quiet applause will do, they shower you with flowers when they bury you.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
Interesting interpretation of Surrounded. I haven't heard an official one, or one that makes sense. That one is pretty sound though.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
Thanks for your insight into your world thru music lonestar.  It was yousafezone in life to disappear into the music as a way to escape.  My wife has had the same experiance verbally and music was her escape.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 08:40:35 AM »
So I just realized I haven't been putting numbers on these albums, so I'll rectify that now.

6-Grand Illusion- Styx- I put this album this high for one song, Fooling Yourself(The Angry Young Man).  So few songs touched the way I felt as a growing man as did this one.  I hated junior high school, almost as much as I hated high school, and was outcasted for all three years.  In my depression for those years, Styx gave me the strength to push on.  

"Get up, get back on your feet, your the one they can't beat and you know it.  C'mon, let's see what you got, just take your best shot and don't blow it."

I have to give an honorable mention to Pieces of Eight, and the song "I'm
O.K.". The two were both instrumental in reminding me of how good of a person I was during very oppressive times.

5- Empty Glass- Pete Townshend-  Aside from it being an awesome album, I include this one so high because of a life changing philosophy it taught me.  As Pete explains, the concept of the empty glass is that you're heart and soul are an empty glass, and are always in need of being filled up, whether it be by a humans love, gods love, drugs, alcohol, violence, hate, whatever.  Every person decides what they must use to fill up the glass.  My own glass was filled with self hatred for a long time, shaded with guilt and pain.  Once my daughter was born, I had a source of love, but due to tragic mistakes on my part, I was not able to take advantage of it.(fill you in at No. 3) I have used this imagery many times in dealing with friend's issues, and nothing I know of has come closer to being the reality of the way the heart and soul work.  Pete is a fucking genius.
"When tragedy befalls you, don't let it drag you down, love can kill your problems, you're so lucky I'm around.  Let my love open the door, to your heart."
Nowadays, my glass contains 97% daughter love, 1% self love, 1% friend and family love, 0.5% alcohol, 0.3%MSG, and 0.2% DTF fucking kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 05:18:35 AM »
Don't know what to say beyond I'm enjoying reading the list, other than wishing you didn't have to go through so much crap in life.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
Don't know what to say beyond I'm enjoying reading the list, other than wishing you didn't have to go through so much crap in life.
We all have our own struggles, it is the uniqueness of those struggles and how we live through them that defines who we are.

4- Quadrophenia- The Who- The definitive teenage angst album.  Discovered in high school, it helped me understand not only my issues but those of the people around me.  In his usual brilliance, Townshend was able to encopass many of the trials and tribulations into the distinct personalities of the main character.  For most of us, high school sucked.  We all had our own music to help us get through the idiocy and banality inherent in the system, Quadrophenia was mine.  The words of the album helped me realize that this was not the way it would always be, but was a transitionary thing, and was was most important was not to lose myself in the bullshit.
Every year is the same, nothing seems to change, I'm a loser, no chance to win,
Leaves are falling, comedown is calling, loneliness starts to set in,
But I'm one, I am one, And I can see, that this is me, and I will be, You'lle all see I'm one.

3- Clutching at Straws- Marillion- If this was a best list, this would be in the top five, if it was a favorites list, it would be No. 1.  A phenominal look into the trials and failures of the modern male.  Through a series of heart renching songs, we are shown a series of shortcomings and limitations that we all go through at some point or another.  If a man does not relate deeply to at least one song on this list, he is lying.  Fish's lyrics are at their best in this album,  wether he is talking about drug use
The tell tale tocking of the last ciggarette marks time in packing as the whiskey sweat lies like discarded armour, on un unmade bed, and a familiar craving, is crawling through his head
Depression
Is it wrong to talk to myself even when their is nobody else, I'm just checking out that I've not gone under the water, thrown to the beach like a seal ready for slaughter
Or alcoholism
Found a strange fascination with a liquid fixation, alcohol thrill me now
My primary reason for placing this album so high is one song, sugarmice.  After my divorce, I hit a major depression and fell into drug use again, for about six years.  In this time, a lost a lot of my relationship with my daughter, and the damage done will take a lifetime to repair.  Thsi song reminds me to keep fighting that fight,
The toughest thing that I ever did was talked to the kid on the phone,
I heard them asking questions and knew that you were all alone,
can't you understand that the government left me out of work,
but I couldn't stand the looks on their faces saying what a jerk,
so if you want my address, it's number one at the end of the bar,
where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing our scars,
blame it on me, you can blame it on me, daddy took a raincheck.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 04:00:47 PM »
The 3 albums in a row from The Who is one of the best ever.  Who's Next, Tommy and Quadrophenia.  Way ahead of their time.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
Very interesting reading Lonestar!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol