Author Topic: How much are Ozzfest tickets?  (Read 4426 times)

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
How much are Ozzfest tickets?
« on: May 01, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
So, Ozzfest 2010 is now here and frankly, the lineup blows. Couldn't give a fuck about Halford, Crue is hit or miss, but I really want to see Ozzy.

How much are tickets usually for ozzfests because I looked all over the interwebz and even ozzfest's website and it does not say anything.

You could have any clue?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Re: How much are Ozzfest tickets?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »
They're free if you time travel back to 2007. ;)

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
Halford fucking rules. That's the only band I have any interest in seeing. But I'm holding out in the hopes that they do an entire headline tour of the states at clubs or something before or after the Ozzfest dates. I'm not sure I can sit through so many awful acts just for an hour of the Metal God.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
Why on Earth would you want to go to Ozzfest?
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »
Because it's what 12 year old n00bs do.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 02:42:43 PM »
The only time I went to Ozzfest was in 2007 when it was free. And the only act I knew or cared about was Ozzy.

Must have been awesome to see Sabbath perform on the earlier Ozzfests.... but I don't think I would ever pay to go to this unless there was a band I really liked.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing Sabbath and some of the other bands when I went to a few of them back in the late nineties, but I wouldn't go now. Anyway, no idea how much they cost nowadays but probably a lot...
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »
:therearenowords:
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
I only went the one year when Iron Maiden was there and Black Sabbath. And I got in free, but I think lawn seats were 20 bucks.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »
Ozzfest has become such a joke. They really need to revamp everything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
Best years was 1998 (Ozzy, Tool, Megadeth, Motorhead, System Of A Down) or 1999 (Black Sabbath, Slayer, Primus, Godsmack, System Of A Down). The bands in parenthesis are the ones that would make me wanna go see it (as opposed to the ~15 bands that played). This year, the only ones I'm interested in are Ozzy, Motley Crüe, and Halford. I might go though, as it'll be my first time seeing those bands.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »
Fuck Ozzfest.

Now that that's out of the way, this seems like a total waste of time and money.  It'll be successful, because as was pointed out earlier it's what 12 year olds do, but it'll suck pretty hard.  Even when the mighty Sabbath was there to back him up, Ozzy was still pretty awful (when he could even perform).  Without Sabbath, it'll just be him struggling to get through Perry Mason and a lot of other crap.  And what happens during the 12 dates that Ozzy is too fucked up to perform?  Two and a half hours of Vince Neil's drunk ass?  Aye carumba.  Halford will be worth seeing since it's the opportunity to hear some obscure Priest songs that you'd never get otherwise.  In previous tours he broke out Stained Class, Riding on the Wind, Jawbreaker, and Tyrant.  Any one of those would be great to see, but not at the expense of dealing with the monstrosity that is Ozzfest.  Wait for him to do a club tour and you'll get twice as much music for 25% the cost and none of the bullshit and terrible music that the Osbourne family would subject you to. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »
Since giving any money to Ozzfest is like putting more money in Sharon Osbourne's pocket, I would say that paying ANYTHING to see this should be considered too much money.