Author Topic: Slayer to play all of Seasons and Megadeth to play all of Rust on upcoming tour  (Read 11366 times)

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:31:15 PM by 73109 »

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!! AMERICAN CARNAGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
*waits for UMH to come in, sledge hammer and samurai sword waving*

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:53 PM »
What?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
 :tdwn :tdwn to posters who post links and say nothing in their post about the content.  At least give the headline or something and then make people clink on the link if they are interested at all.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »

I love this pic! :metal  It convoyes it just right.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
:tdwn :tdwn to posters who post links and say nothing in their post about the content.  At least give the headline or something and then make people clink on the link if they are interested at all.

Done and done. :tup

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
HOLY. FUCK. YES.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
Now, 2 things,

1. If both bands are playing their 1990 albums, is Testament going to stick with the Legacy or play Souls of Black? I think it would be kickass if they played Souls of Black.

2. Both albums will last about 45 minutes, what will the other songs in the set be?

I would like to hear South of Heaven, Angel of Death, Raining Blood, Criminally Insane, World Painted Blood, and Americon from Slayer. I also would like to hear Symphony of Destruction, Sweating Bullets, Peace Sells, wake Up Dead, 44 Minutes, and Endgame by Megadeth but these are subject to change as I still need to listen to the bands more. 

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
Now, 2 things,

1. If both bands are playing their 1990 albums, is Testament going to stick with the Legacy or play Souls of Black? I think it would be kickass if they played Souls of Black.

2. Both albums will last about 45 minutes, what will the other songs in the set be?

I would like to hear South of Heaven, Angel of Death, Raining Blood, Criminally Insane, World Painted Blood, and Americon from Slayer. I also would like to hear Symphony of Destruction, Sweating Bullets, Peace Sells, wake Up Dead, 44 Minutes, and Endgame by Megadeth but these are subject to change as I still need to listen to the bands more. 

You will hear South Of Heaven, Angel Of Death, Raining Blood, World Painted Blood excluding the other two. For Megadeth you won't hear 44 Minutes nor Endgame.
I bet that Araya's voice will be screwed up the same way it was when they were in Melbourne. Have fun seeing Slayer play instrumentals :rollin

Oh and.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
 :chill guys, I know you're excited, but these are the Dream Theater Forums, we can't have any of this kind of nonsense around here.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
I bet that Araya's voice will be screwed up the same way it was when they were in Melbourne. Have fun seeing Slayer play instrumentals :rollin
Yeah, I was at this show. and I lost ALL my respect for Slayer. Basically stole my money. Megadeth were great though.

Oh, and I'm sure Slayer will be fine this tour  :\ Nah, have fun guys  :metal
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
I wouldn't have bothered with just Rust, but I'd love to see Seasons.  Unfortunately, they're not coming anywhere near me and they're playing Denver about 3 days too late. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Mladen

If both bands are playing their 1990 albums, is Testament going to stick with the Legacy or play Souls of Black? I think it would be kickass if they played Souls of Black.
God, this would seriously rock!  :metal The rest of the songs should be just from the previous albums. Same with Megadeth and Slayer, it would be like being back in 1990.

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
Oh. my. god. Words can't express how :metal this is. Is Testament playing a short set? If they are, I can't see how they can play the Legacy or Souls of Black in their entirety. I'd rather see The Legacy. OVER. THE. WAAAAAAAAALL :metal :metal

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
While I would have much preferred all of Reign in Blood or South of Heaven. FUCKING FUCK YES!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

And I'd assume once Seasons is out of the way, the rest of Slayer's set will be all of the obligatory songs they play live (Angel of Death, Raining Blood, South of Heaven, etc.)

As for Megadeth: OH MY FUCKING FUCKING SHIT CHRIST WE ARE GOING TO GET TO SEE MEGADETH PLAY RUST IN PEACE...POLARIS LIVE! FUCKING SHIT YEAH!
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
Testament isn't playing Souls Of Black. https://www.msanthrope.com/blog/?p=645
In a nushell, it says they'll be playing a diverse set of old/new, popular/hidden gems. Still  :metal though.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
Testament isn't playing Souls Of Black. https://www.msanthrope.com/blog/?p=645
In a nushell, it says they'll be playing a diverse set of old/new, popular/hidden gems. Still  :metal though.
wat

FUCK.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
So is that the new trend these days?  Rush announces that they're playing Moving Pictures in its entirety, now two more bands are playing famous albums in their entirety?

Not complaining or anything; it's actually pretty cool, and doesn't happen often enough.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
So is that the new trend these days?  Rush announces that they're playing Moving Pictures in its entirety, now two more bands are playing famous albums in their entirety?

Not complaining or anything; it's actually pretty cool, and doesn't happen often enough.
I noticed this as well. And you forgot Roger Waters playing The Wall as well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://www.bravewords.com/news/137758

TESTAMENT are rehearsing their new set for American Carnage. The band promises to deliver a modern and most brutal set of songs among some hidden gems, sure to incite multiple mosh pits (old-school style).

Fans can expect to hear favorites from The Gathering, Demonic, and their recent award winning The Formation Of Damnation.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
TAC,

Mixed on this. On one hand, cool about Testament. I have seen them a bunch, and they play generally the same songs, and really leave off (except for a song or two) Demonic and Gathering. Even when I saw them on the pre-Formation headline tour, they only played two Formation songs - MOre Than Meets the Eye and The Eagle Has Landed.

So, getting a nice chunk of tunes from these three albums is cool...BUT, for those that don't know, Demonic and Gathering are more death metal-ish with growled vocals, which is a complete turnoff for me.

So I am a bit bummed.

If they do this, I'll be ok:

Demonic - two songs
The Gathering - two songs
Formation of Damnation - three songs
Rest of catalog - three songs

I could put up with that. But if they do something like three, three, three, one, I am going to be pissed.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
https://www.bravewords.com/news/137758

TESTAMENT are rehearsing their new set for American Carnage. The band promises to deliver a modern and most brutal set of songs among some hidden gems, sure to incite multiple mosh pits (old-school style).

Fans can expect to hear favorites from The Gathering, Demonic, and their recent award winning The Formation Of Damnation.

Sounds like the same set they played when I saw them last year.  It was good though.
My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
TAC,

Mixed on this. On one hand, cool about Testament. I have seen them a bunch, and they play generally the same songs, and really leave off (except for a song or two) Demonic and Gathering. Even when I saw them on the pre-Formation headline tour, they only played two Formation songs - MOre Than Meets the Eye and The Eagle Has Landed.

So, getting a nice chunk of tunes from these three albums is cool...BUT, for those that don't know, Demonic and Gathering are more death metal-ish with growled vocals, which is a complete turnoff for me.

So I am a bit bummed.

Demonic - two songs

I could put up with that. But if they do something like three, three, three, one, I am going to be pissed.

I think you're referring to the song "The Evil Has Landed" there :lol

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm all for stuff from Formation, Demonic, and Gathering, but I was way more excited about The Legacy. Just as long as they play Over the Wall I guess I'll manage.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
TAC,

So I am a bit bummed.

Demonic - two songs

I think you're referring to the song "The Evil Has Landed" there :lol

:loser: :facepalm:

Yeah, I was. LOL. I am a huge fan too, I just goofed.  Whoops.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
IMO, Gathering and Demonic are terrible. Doesn't Dave Lombardo play on Gathering?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
The Gathering is awesome as hell, and Demonic is pretty good too. I could understand not liking them if you're not into death metal though. And yes, Lombardo plays on The Gathering. Nothing beats anything they've recorded with Skolnick though.