Author Topic: The River Empires: Epilogue I LOVE THIS NEW ALBUM!  (Read 4140 times)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    • My Last.fm Profile......finally
Re: The River Empires: Epilogue I LOVE THIS NEW ALBUM!
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2017, 04:26:13 AM »
Ok, listening properly now. I'm at work so I may not be 100% focused on it but I'll give an opinion later  :tup

Offline Zantera

• the Flood
  • DTF.org Member
  • Feedback overload
    • http://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2017, 06:35:04 AM »
Ok, listening properly now. I'm at work so I may not be 100% focused on it but I'll give an opinion later  :tup

Nice :)

Offline SoundscapeMN

• allmediareviews
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »
I actually just revisited this album again this morning.

So rich.

At the same time, given its title "Epilogue" many of the songs/pieces etc seem to be almost samples of what could be expanded ideas musically. Which when Jessy came out with the projection of 6 more records, the way that each song or section of 2-4 songs on Epilogue could represent 1 of the Albums/Chapters makes a lot of sense.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    • My Last.fm Profile......finally
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
So first impressions, I liked it :tup

Being my first listen there was obviously a lot to take in and digest. It is a very long album and felt like it took a while to get going. The beginning is void of the upbeat songs that rear their heads later in the album. I can clearly hear Casey's influence in a lot if the music and I am pretty sure I will fall in love more with each listen. I hope to give this multiple spins over the coming weeks and give it the time it deserves. I can't say any particular songs stood out as I was listening whilst at work, I did like some of the upbeat songs. Good stuff and I'm glad I checked this out.