Author Topic: Muse - v. Will of the People (rel Aug 26, 2022)  (Read 207571 times)

Offline snowdog

Re: Muse - The 2nd Law (Out Now)
« Reply #910 on: September 18, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »
Saw them in Denver last night.  Killer show.  On the one hand I really wish they would play for a little bit longer (an evening with would be awesome) but at the same time the setlist was great!  I'm very glad they did this second leg and hit Denver because the 2nd Law is probably my favorite one they've done and I would have hated to miss a tour where they performed most of it.  Just wish they did "Save Me".

The 2nd Law: Isolated System
Supremacy
Supermassive Black Hole
Hysteria
Panic Station
Resistance
Knights of Cydonia (with a Harmonica intro)
Monty Jam
Sunburn
Follow Me
Animals
Liquid State
Madness
Plug In Baby
Time Is Running Out
Unnatural Selection
Uprising
Encore:
The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
Starlight
Survival

Offline Mladen

« Reply #911 on: September 18, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Holy shit, Unnatural selection! I wish they busted out that one when I saw them last year...

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #912 on: September 18, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
 They played in Rio last Saturday, at the Rock in Rio FEstival. The opening act was Florence + The Machine, which I like a lot. I didn´t go see them, but it was broadcast on cable around here, so I watched it at home. Great concerts!

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #913 on: September 18, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
Saw them in Denver last night.  Killer show.  On the one hand I really wish they would play for a little bit longer (an evening with would be awesome) but at the same time the setlist was great!  I'm very glad they did this second leg and hit Denver because the 2nd Law is probably my favorite one they've done and I would have hated to miss a tour where they performed most of it.  Just wish they did "Save Me".

The 2nd Law: Isolated System
Supremacy
Supermassive Black Hole
Hysteria
Panic Station
Resistance
Knights of Cydonia (with a Harmonica intro)
Monty Jam
Sunburn
Follow Me
Animals
Liquid State
Madness
Plug In Baby
Time Is Running Out
Unnatural Selection
Uprising
Encore:
The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
Starlight
Survival

Oh shit, where were you sitting? I rocked the fuck out all night, but agree they need to play longer sets.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline snowdog

« Reply #914 on: September 19, 2013, 12:30:45 PM »
I was on the left side of the stage fairly high up.  341 I believe.  Or something like that.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #915 on: September 20, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
Ah ok, we were in 124

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #916 on: November 23, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »
It looks like Muse is releasing a live DVD/Blu-Ray next month, from their show at Rome Olympic Stadium, but they should be smacked in the face for what they did to the running order:

1.   "Intro"     
2.   "Supremacy"     
3.   "Panic Station"     
4.   "Plug In Baby"     
5.   "Resistance"     
6.   "Animals"     
7.   "Knights of Cydonia"     
8.   "Explorers"     
9.   "Hysteria"     
10.   "Feeling Good"     
11.   "Follow Me"     
12.   "Madness"     
13.   "Time Is Running Out"     
14.   "Guiding Light"     
15.   "Undisclosed Desires"     
16.   "Supermassive Black Hole"     
17.   "Survival"     
18.   "The 2nd Law: Isolated System"     
19.   "Uprising"     
20.   "Starlight" 

a. They left off Unsustainable, which WAS the opening song.  Maybe they got the idea from U2, who did the same thing on their Rose Bowl DVD (left off the first song that was performed), but it is moronic.

b. No Stockholm Syndrome or New Born, which were rotated from show to show all tour.  And SS was even played at the filmed show, but was cut! Unreal.

c. Guiding Light?  Seriously? :lol :lol :lol

d. They left off Liquid State, which is not a song I am not crazy about, but it is a rare lead vocal from Chris Wolstenholme.  And you leave it off the video even though it was actually played at the show you filmed? 

:facepalm:

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #917 on: November 23, 2013, 11:46:37 AM »
Everything about it was awesome. 

Matt Bellamy has become an even better frontman than he was before.  Having the extra guy on stage to do a lot of the keyboard and even guitar work on occasion really frees him up to move around and work the crowd, which he is great at.

And say what you want about The 2nd Law, but most of those songs sound like were written to play live, and most of them slayed in a live setting. Unsustainable sounds like a big pile of cheese on record, but as the show opener, it was great.  I love how so many of their songs rock hard while also having that dance feel.  That is not easy to pull off, but they manage to do it.  :coolio

Yeah, that's how I determine if a song is good. It might sound crappy in the studio, but some songs just come alive in a live setting.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #918 on: November 23, 2013, 01:55:27 PM »
https://www.gigwise.com/news/86362/muse-reveal-return-to-rock-sound-on-new-album

Muse have revealed plans for their next album, which is set to see the West Country trio return to their rock roots, following the experimental dubstep sounds of 2012 release, The 2nd Law.

The band have revealed tentative plans to release their next album in 2015, and have spoken of early plans for the record, in a new interview with Radio.com. Frontman Matt Bellamy reveals that despite the success of their more experimental releases, the band were keen to return to what they do best - stadium filling rock epics.

"The last two albums, we sort of veered away from our instruments a little bit," says Bellamy in the interview. "We sort of focused on things like synthesizers, drum machines and various electronics and stuff. I kind of feel like on this next album, we’re going to veer back towards musicianship again and focusing on our own instruments: guitar, bass and drums.

"It’s probably going to be a bit of a rawer album, and definitely a bit more rock, I’d say."

He also added, in true Muse style, that the album was likely to be a concept record, and may not be released in the usually manner.
"The main focus is we’re gonna record a bunch of music, probably a conceptual album of some kind, so it probably will be album length. But how we release it is up for debate," he adds, revealing that the new music is still at least a year away.

"The industry is moving so fast, you don’t really know… I don’t think we’ll be ready to put another album out until early 2015 or something, and I think around that time we’ll just look at what’s going on and make a judgement in the moment rather than thinking ahead, because things are changing so quickly."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #919 on: November 23, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »
https://www.gigwise.com/news/86362/muse-reveal-return-to-rock-sound-on-new-album

Muse have revealed plans for their next album, which is set to see the West Country trio return to their rock roots, following the experimental dubstep sounds of 2012 release, The 2nd Law.

The band have revealed tentative plans to release their next album in 2015, and have spoken of early plans for the record, in a new interview with Radio.com. Frontman Matt Bellamy reveals that despite the success of their more experimental releases, the band were keen to return to what they do best - stadium filling rock epics.

"The last two albums, we sort of veered away from our instruments a little bit," says Bellamy in the interview. "We sort of focused on things like synthesizers, drum machines and various electronics and stuff. I kind of feel like on this next album, we’re going to veer back towards musicianship again and focusing on our own instruments: guitar, bass and drums.

"It’s probably going to be a bit of a rawer album, and definitely a bit more rock, I’d say."

He also added, in true Muse style, that the album was likely to be a concept record, and may not be released in the usually manner.
"The main focus is we’re gonna record a bunch of music, probably a conceptual album of some kind, so it probably will be album length. But how we release it is up for debate," he adds, revealing that the new music is still at least a year away.

"The industry is moving so fast, you don’t really know… I don’t think we’ll be ready to put another album out until early 2015 or something, and I think around that time we’ll just look at what’s going on and make a judgement in the moment rather than thinking ahead, because things are changing so quickly."

Funny how Rush have made a similar comment about the industry and the album format kind of being lost to the fast-paced speed of the industry and how Rush/Alex have talked about releasing as they write/record, and forego the album format.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a couple EPs from Muse, one next year, one in 2015. But I fear if they do that, they could cash in and re-release the WHOLE album later on in 2015 and make some special edition.

At least they're working on new stuff and the prospect of the a return to rock roots has me excited!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #920 on: November 23, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »
Shame about Unsustainable, Liquid state and Stockholm syndrome not being on the DVD, I would really like to have quality live versions of those. I'll still check out the release, and I'm also looking forward to their next studio album, although I'm surprised they're not continuing with their experimentation.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #921 on: November 24, 2013, 03:39:32 AM »
c. Guiding Light?  Seriously? :lol :lol :lol
Matt Bellamy loves it for some reason, but then loads of Muse fans I've spoken to also love it so that's cool I guess. I don't really understand, I personally find it pretty horrible. :lol

:caffeine:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #922 on: November 24, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »
Muse should still be slapped for never (or almost never) playing Big Freeze, which is easily the best song from The 2nd Law. 

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #923 on: November 24, 2013, 11:13:22 AM »
Well, the best song that's not Supremacy, Madness, Panic Station, Survival, Follow Me, or Explorers. :P

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #924 on: November 24, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
I don't get the fascination with Supremacy.  The verses sound like classic Muse, but the rest of the song is just lacking.  Easily their least best album opener.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Muse - Drones (upcoming album in 2015?)
« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2015, 11:59:04 PM »
 :lol, the second one. Woooo! I'm pumped. They have not disappointed me yet.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #927 on: January 28, 2015, 02:11:40 AM »
Is it confirmed that the album is called Drones? That only seems to be implied so far.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #928 on: January 28, 2015, 04:44:29 AM »
if it isn't the title, than a lot of sites sharing this NME article are going to be wrong.
https://www.nme.com/news/muse/82478#mKU81mkF6x71s4iq.99

also in the 2nd clip above a quick shot shows the word "Drones" on that console.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #929 on: January 28, 2015, 07:52:12 AM »
Lots of bands use working titles, and according to that NME article the band's spokesperson specifically declined to confirm the album title. The NME article is accurate, the article's headline is misleading. Same with your renaming of this thread. :P

I be am boner inducing.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #930 on: January 28, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »
Oh, who gives a fuck what the title is? New album! All that matters  :P

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #931 on: January 28, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »
Ah yes, the inevitable "return to their roots" album that every band eventually does. Usually after they experiment in another genre and it fails. Although sometimes bands will put out a "return to their roots" album even if the previous album sounded like their typical sound.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #932 on: January 28, 2015, 11:36:56 AM »
Lots of bands use working titles, and according to that NME article the band's spokesperson specifically declined to confirm the album title. The NME article is accurate, the article's headline is misleading. Same with your renaming of this thread. :P
[/quote\

edited again  :P

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Muse - "Drones" [possible/working title?] (2015?)
« Reply #933 on: January 28, 2015, 04:52:13 PM »

edited again  :P
:lol I was obviously in a very pedantic mood earlier. But thanks anyway. :biggrin:

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #934 on: January 29, 2015, 03:16:59 AM »
The Second Law was amazing, so I'm very much looking forward to this.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #935 on: January 29, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »
Those must be the worst album teasers of all time. And I liked most of 2nd Law, especially Supremacy. It's the only Muse album that has something in it I can listen to.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #936 on: January 29, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »
Ah yes, the inevitable "return to their roots" album that every band eventually does. Usually after they experiment in another genre and it fails. Although sometimes bands will put out a "return to their roots" album even if the previous album sounded like their typical sound.

This feels like the only way Muse can revitalize their career though. 2 albums that got universally panned by critics and fans, and clearly their experiments didn't work out for the better. They'll be known as the band that killed Brostep, one of the worst genres ever known to mankind. Their earlier albums are alright though, and I would be happy for the band if they could make a decent album again.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #937 on: January 29, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »
wtf, 2nd Law is fantastic.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #938 on: January 29, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »

This feels like the only way Muse can revitalize their career though. 2 albums that got universally panned by critics and fans, and clearly their experiments didn't work out for the better. They'll be known as the band that killed Brostep, one of the worst genres ever known to mankind. Their earlier albums are alright though, and I would be happy for the band if they could make a decent album again.
I don't understand you, sometimes.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #939 on: January 29, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »
Personally I thought 2nd Law was St. Anger levels of awfulness, Resistance was slightly better but not much. If you like those albums, that's fine, it's just opinions anyways. But if you look at it from a bigger picture than just your own individual opinion, it's quite noticeable that the reception of those albums, especially 2nd Law was lukewarm at best. Reviews were very mixed, and just by browsing various communities (either Sputnik or RYM) you can quickly see that the reception for the albums wasn't good.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #940 on: January 29, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »
Sure, if you look at incredibly elitist places like Sputnik and RYM. :lol 2nd Law was very popular, and a lot of people loved it, including myself. Personally I think the last three albums have been on an upward trajectory.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #941 on: January 29, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »
Say it ain't so Jimmy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #942 on: January 29, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »
Yeah, I agree with that upward trend. The Second Law is amazing and might even by my favourite Muse album. THe only other real contender is Origins of Symmetry.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #943 on: January 29, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »
Well, I'm not sure which is my favourite Muse album, I guess either Origin of Symmetry, Absolution or Black Holes And Revelations, depending on my mood, but the 2nd Law definetely isn't. It's not horrible or even bad and I enjoy listening to it when I'm in the mood for something more poppy, but it's really not something I'd put on most of the time. The one point it excels at is compromising my own music taste with my parents' taste during long car rides :lol.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #944 on: January 29, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »

I don't think you understand what "universally panned" means.

Your post basically smacks of "I didn't like them that much, so I'll act like no one else did either."