Author Topic: Muse - v. Will of the People (rel Aug 26, 2022)  (Read 207019 times)

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
Re: Muse - New Single"Thought Contagion" (2018) pg 36.
« Reply #1260 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:54 PM »
Eh I think the song is very good actually.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1261 on: February 15, 2018, 07:27:45 PM »
Well, leave it to Muse to bring out a very weird video, but yeah, there was a Thriller-inspired scene there.  Yeah, the song is all right.  I enjoyed it better than Dig Down.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #1262 on: February 15, 2018, 09:28:41 PM »
It's alright I guess. Much better than Dig Down and half of Drones, but worse than anything on The 2nd Law imo. I think that album gets a lot of undeserving hate.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1263 on: February 16, 2018, 05:21:48 AM »
The 2nd  Law has many good tracks :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2018, 07:07:35 PM »
The 2nd Law is mostly great. I still think the running order is a little odd - Unsustainable should have been first, Isolated System is a middle of the CD kinda song, and Survival should have been last - but it's still a record chock full of killer tunes.

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1265 on: February 19, 2018, 01:06:53 AM »
OMG I'm again so happy not being in a muse tribute anymore...!
Imagine dragons and coldplay had a child ?
To me , the song is as bad as the fact that the solo is just the chorus voice melody copy-pasted to the guitar.

Second uninspired plagiarism, I think I'll try to never listen to any future song of their.

PS: The thriller easter egg was cheaper than scary movie

Yup, I'm disappointed
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Pettor

« Reply #1266 on: February 19, 2018, 01:37:00 AM »
Not sure what happened to Muse for me. I basically can't enjoy them that much anymore. Loved Knight of Cydonia, all the Queen-inspired but fresh songs and all that heavy riffing they were doing before. The Resistance and 2nd Law was very uneven to me and even if there are some pretty cool experimentation and songs there I never really want to go back and listen to it. At least not without using the skip buttons a couple of times.

Seeing them live for the first time was amazing and such an energetic experience. Now it's just good. Nothing more. Saw them live on The Drones tour and basically waited for the concert to end at some point. Drones didn't work at all for me.

The new track was good I guess. Just feel very standard Muse. I am missing the groove or at least some part of the song where I will go "haha shit that was weirdly awesome!". Supermassive Blackhole and Uprising had that at least.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1267 on: February 19, 2018, 02:09:41 AM »
'Showbiz' showed potential.
'Origins - Absolution - Black Holes' was a fantastic run of albums.
'The Resistance' was a step down, but still a hugely fun album.
'2nd Law' was pretty weak, feels like a bunch of b-sides.
'Drones' felt like a back to basics albums - but lacking any real inspiration.  Just a collection of lower tier Muse songs that are rather forgettable.

Offline Pettor

« Reply #1268 on: February 19, 2018, 06:42:40 AM »
'Showbiz' showed potential.
'Origins - Absolution - Black Holes' was a fantastic run of albums.
'The Resistance' was a step down, but still a hugely fun album.
'2nd Law' was pretty weak, feels like a bunch of b-sides.
'Drones' felt like a back to basics albums - but lacking any real inspiration.  Just a collection of lower tier Muse songs that are rather forgettable.

That was a great summary!  :tup

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #1269 on: February 19, 2018, 07:23:48 AM »
My quick review would be more like that:

'Showbiz' - I don't like much.
'Origins' - showed potential.
'Absolution' - truly a great album.
Black Holes' - fantastic album, my fave!
'The Resistance' - was a little step down from the previous two, but I like it immensely.
'2nd Law' e 'Drones' - slightly under 'The resistance', but I like them almost the same way.

So I guess I'm a great fan of Muse's more recent style... with that said, these new two songs are incredibly boring! I'm officially afraid that I won't like the next record.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1270 on: February 24, 2018, 11:01:44 PM »
Sweet set list tonight in Paris at the "by request" show:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2018/la-cigale-paris-france-23ee74e7.html

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1271 on: May 03, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
July 12th, worldwide screenings from the Drones tour.

https://www.musedrones.film/

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Muse - "Drones" Tour Film 7/12/18 pg 37.
« Reply #1272 on: July 12, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »
My brother and I saw the Drones concert film tonight on the big screen.

Mostly really good, although the sound wasn't great (too much treble), which I hope was more about the cinema than the mixing, since I am sure a DVD/Blu-ray release is inevitable.  And I can do without the ADHD quick cuts at times, but that is a minor quibble.  As always, Muse brings it. :metal

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #1273 on: July 13, 2018, 05:04:14 AM »
My brother and I saw the Drones concert film tonight on the big screen.

Mostly really good, although the sound wasn't great (too much treble), which I hope was more about the cinema than the mixing, since I am sure a DVD/Blu-ray release is inevitable.  And I can do without the ADHD quick cuts at times, but that is a minor quibble.  As always, Muse brings it. :metal

Could not agree more with you both on the sound and the quick cuts. I saw it yesterday, pretty impressive but the sound having too much treble was something that annoyed me a little bit.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1274 on: July 13, 2018, 09:35:21 PM »

Could not agree more with you both on the sound and the quick cuts. I saw it yesterday, pretty impressive but the sound having too much treble was something that annoyed me a little bit.

For sure. Not to pick more nits, but they seem to relying more and more on backing tracks.  I like when a band uses them to add a little here or a little there, but they seem to be using them pretty heavily at times.  Seems like their spontaneity on stage has taken a real hit as a result.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1275 on: July 19, 2018, 07:52:47 PM »
New song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azAEHCQgcUI&feature=youtu.be

I am sure online Muse fans will shit all over it, because that is what they do, but I like it.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1276 on: July 19, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
New song:

I am sure online Muse fans will shit all over it, because that is what they do, but I like it.

That was AWFUL.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1277 on: July 19, 2018, 08:48:10 PM »
New song:

That was AWFUL.

I can predict the future! :P

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1278 on: July 19, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »
New song:

That was AWFUL.

I can predict the future! :P

That's like saying Maiden will play Fear of the Dark on their next tour...

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1279 on: July 19, 2018, 10:53:24 PM »
The music video is fucking amazing, I'll give them that. Some sort of Gunship/Gorillaz style fusion
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline krands85

« Reply #1280 on: July 20, 2018, 04:53:08 AM »
Yeah, that new song's really not my cup of tea.  :-\
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Muse - "Something Human" new single 2018
« Reply #1281 on: July 20, 2018, 06:26:27 AM »
My quick review would be more like that:

'Showbiz' - I don't like much.
'Origins' - showed potential.
'Absolution' - truly a great album.
Black Holes' - fantastic album, my fave!
'The Resistance' - was a little step down from the previous two, but I like it immensely.
'2nd Law' e 'Drones' - slightly under 'The resistance', but I like them almost the same way.

So I guess I'm a great fan of Muse's more recent style... with that said, these new two songs are incredibly boring! I'm officially afraid that I won't like the next record.
This is closer to my views, though I like Origin and 2nd Law a lot more and Black Holes a bit less. I've liked all their albums and in terms of which ones are better than others, they've been a bit up and down for me.

In terms of the new songs, they're fine I guess but it's hard to know what the album will sound like.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #1282 on: July 20, 2018, 06:58:15 AM »
New song:

To me this one is the best from the most recent releases. I like a lot their most mellow/pop side. And the arrangement on this one is very original :tup

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1283 on: July 20, 2018, 10:39:57 AM »
So they basically released three singles over the last year and there's still no word of a new album? I could never get excited about just singles. Either drop the whole record already, or get out.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1284 on: July 20, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
They said new album in November didn't they?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1285 on: July 20, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »
I thought they mentioned at some point (I believe around the time Dig Down was released?) that Drones might be their last album for a while and they will just continue releasing singles or groups of songs (EPs?) for a couple more years
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline devieira73

Online The Letter M

« Reply #1287 on: July 20, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »
I've actually enjoyed the three singles they've released so far, and I'm looking forward to the new album this fall!

I know it's only been another 3 years since Drones, and since the release of Absolution, they've been on a 3-year-gap between albums, but it's felt like a LOT longer than that. Perhaps it's because I didn't really get into Drones at the time of release, and was still digesting The 2nd Law after all that time. Who knows, but I can't wait to see/hear what they've got in store for the full album!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1288 on: July 20, 2018, 04:33:34 PM »
new album is titled Simulation Theory per:

https://www.musewiki.org/Simulation_Theory_(album%29

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1289 on: July 20, 2018, 04:55:38 PM »
So they basically released three singles over the last year and there's still no word of a new album? I could never get excited about just singles. Either drop the whole record already, or get out.

I think more bands are going to start doing this.  "Hey, we have an idea for a song, so let's record it and release it."  Why not?  In this day and age, you can throw it on YouTube right away and fans can buy it digitally right away.  I dig it.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1290 on: July 20, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1291 on: July 20, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
New song:

Not a bad tune :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1292 on: July 20, 2018, 10:16:04 PM »
Bellamy answered a bunch of questions on Twitter tonight.

I was a little bummed that, when asked if the new album would have piano, he said there would be bits.  Sounds like another album with no piano-driven songs. :(

As great as they still were live last year when I saw them, it was a bummer that the section where he sits down at the piano for 2-4 songs seems to have gone by the wayside.  Hopefully, it was just a Drones tour thing, but with there not likely to be any piano songs on the new album, I'd be surprised if they bring that section back live.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1293 on: July 21, 2018, 04:26:37 AM »
Bellamy answered a bunch of questions on Twitter tonight.

I was a little bummed that, when asked if the new album would have piano, he said there would be bits.  Sounds like another album with no piano-driven songs. :(

As great as they still were live last year when I saw them, it was a bummer that the section where he sits down at the piano for 2-4 songs seems to have gone by the wayside.  Hopefully, it was just a Drones tour thing, but with there not likely to be any piano songs on the new album, I'd be surprised if they bring that section back live.
Muse are doing a lot of little things like that and they're starting to add up, for me.

Their by request sets were genuinely excellent, but they sort of feel like an apology for their increasingly-rote sets that I can't see going anywhere any time soon. Matt described Thought Contagion as "Fury II" - which it definitely bloody isn't.

There was a time when it felt like Muse were plugging directly into my brain and making a band just for me. I don't hate any of the new songs (and I think Dig Down is brilliant), but it feels like that genius has left them a little, lately. I'm definitely going to keep listening, but I don't know how much longer I'll be following every single movement.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #1294 on: July 21, 2018, 05:56:56 AM »
I don't understand how you can get behind their new pseudo-pop music (and not even good at that) when you know what they used to be capable of.