Author Topic: Tool. New album. Let the salivating begin.  (Read 25010 times)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
Re: Tool. New album. Let the salivating begin.
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:35 PM »
I'm on the same exact boat as Marvellous G. My friend has some rare bootleg from some Woodstock show they played, and I cant' say I was all that interested without thinking "Man, now I really want to listen to The Patient"
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
From the most recent newsletter:

Back stage after the final Nokia show, amid a flurry of activity (and not just gorging on king crab legs washed down with Stellas and Old Peculiar ale), I asked Justin if the band members were going to take a break from each other or get back to writing new material, which is what they were in the process of doing before the opportunity for a summer mini-tour presented itself. "No, we're going to get back to jamming and writing!" was his emphatic reply. When I asked Danny the same question minutes later, he, too, assured me that the plan was to continue the writing process. I didn't get a chance to ask the other two members the same question, but while sitting in the nose-bleed section at a Dodgers-Mets game last Sunday afternoon, I reached into a bag of peanuts, grabbed a handful, and upon cracking open the FIRST ONE, was amazed to see that it contained four perfectly formed peanuts. Immediately it hit me that this was a most auspicious sign - a harbinger of good things to come, as well as a signal from above that the unity experienced by the band members during the tour would carry over once it was finished, Indeed, I was confident that they would get right back to writing new material. And that they probably won't tour again for at least six months gives them a golden opportunity to do just that. Now, to answer the question that is no doubt on everyone's mind at this point, "NO", I didn't eat the peanuts. But the person sitting next to me (who took the photo) did. Even so I don't think that this changes anything. The mere presence of such a wondrous thing speaks for itself. And if that wasn't enough, the Dodgers beat the Mets 1-0, and I enjoyed 2 cups of Stadium Budweiser for only $26.00.

:D  :lol

I'd be happy with them spending the next six months on the album, and then doing a proper United States tour, so I can finally see them  :)

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
A January tour? I guess they'll put out a new album in the late Spring and tour from then through next year. Either way, I'm stoked and hope I'm right.

Also: Is anyone a member of the fanclub? I'm interested in joining but I want to get a general consensus of how good the benefits are.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2010, 01:57:05 AM »
Well, I guess it's time to get some more yard work done for my friends mother, to pay for my next Tool concert.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3