Author Topic: Tool. New album. Let the salivating begin.  (Read 24979 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Tool. New album. Let the salivating begin.
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »
Fuck the game!!

But yeah, I know what you mean. And no, they never give you any good friggin' seats. That's why I'm glad I got my ZPZ tickets in person- I asked for it, and I got two front row balcony seats for $59... without any shitty charges. Unfortunately that's not an option for Red Rocks.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2010, 07:46:11 PM »
Okay, I am officially going. Bid simultaneously on two auctions and got two separate tickets, so my friend is also going to come and sit a few rows behind me (or we can try to work something out)... only paid $185 for the two, so it wasn't too bad.

:caffeine:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »
Okay, I am officially going. Bid simultaneously on two auctions and got two separate tickets, so my friend is also going to come and sit a few rows behind me (or we can try to work something out)... only paid $185 for the two, so it wasn't too bad.

SELLOUT!!!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2010, 08:04:17 PM »
 :metal

I hope they announce Eastern United States dates!

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2010, 08:14:17 PM »

SELLOUT!!!

:lol, please. Honestly, if I thought I'd get this chance again I probably wouldn't have spent so much time bothering, but who the fuck knows. And that isn't much more than tickets cost with all the fees. But I am gonna keep my eyes peeled for closer seats that aren't outrageous (there are some auctions going right now that aren't crazy yet)... if I got more, my friend's fiance could also come.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2010, 10:27:20 PM »
So the seller who I got the tickets from (two singles) offered to instead give me two seats together... but they're about ten rows back from the closer row I already have the ticket for. I want to sit with my friend and I've been consistently told there isn't a bad seat in the house, but I still don't want to move back. I worked hard to get that seat! :lol
I think I can keep looking for closer seats together and cross my fingers.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
I'd say the opposite about "not a bad seat in the house."  I'd say there's the front 25 or so, and then everything else.  I suppose that could mean that moving back ten rows from 45 wouldn't matter, but for this one, you'll really want to be as close as possible.  Red Rocks' website has a seating chart with POV pictures from about 15 of the sections.  That'll give you an idea.  My experience was that there's a point where you stop being a part of the concert and start being more into the venue; they really compete for your attention.  I figure that point is right where you stop being below the roof of the stage, and start being above it, which is 2/3 of the venue.  Once you see over the top of the stage, it's a different atmosphere. 

Also keep in mind that the wind can really fuck with the sound a lot in that place.  It'll start swirling and the sound will rise and fall dramatically.

You never mentioned what seats you're talking about.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »
Oh yeah, oops! haha... right now our seats are in 35 and 41.. the ones he has are 46.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2010, 09:02:31 AM »
Oh yeah, oops! haha... right now our seats are in 35 and 41.. the ones he has are 46.
Check out the sightline over the top of the roof.  There's no way I'd move back those 10 rows.
https://www.redrocksonline.com/pages/questions/seating.html#
E.F. Benson

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »
True, that does make a difference... although won't it be dark anyway?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »
True, that does make a difference... although won't it be dark anyway?
Don't underestimate that view.  They keep the rocks lit up a lot, and the skyline behind that stage is every single bit of Denver, damn near all the way to the airport. 

I'll point out that I loved the venue; it's a fantastic place to see a show and I'd recommend seeing anybody there from any place in the venue.  There's just a big difference between the sections, and depending on what concert you're seeing, it might be quite important.  If you just want to go and get fucked up and frolic half nekkid while 80's hair bands play, then anywhere is great because the atmosphere is so bad ass. (great parking lot partying scene, as well)  If you're going to see a band that you actually want to get into, like Tool, then that atmosphere will be distracting from the show itself.   
E.F. Benson

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
Understood... yeah, I want to get as close as I can so I told the guy thanks but no thanks... I was going to bid on some really good seats that were not too pricey a little while ago (I figure I can probably get some of the extra I pay back if I sell these other tickets, although I am not trying to make a big profit on them and would probably start the bidding low) until I saw $15 shipping. Fuck that.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2010, 04:30:21 PM »
So uh... how many more tickets do you need to buy to be in possession of the whole venue?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
Damn, selling out a little more every day, are we? 

I suspect the value of the two you have will increase slightly as the show approaches.  I'd certainly try to parlay them into something better.  Keep in mind though, at some point, I imagine around row 20-25, the face value of the tickets jumped up, therefore, the resale value will as well.  I'd try to find out where that point was, so I'd know where the point of diminishing return is. 
E.F. Benson

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »
So uh... how many more tickets do you need to buy to be in possession of the whole venue?
:lol

I only have two! I just want better seats!

Damn, selling out a little more every day, are we? 

Like I said, it's not about making a profit but if I pay extra for another pair of tickets I'm obviously not going to argue with someone who wants to pay a little more than I did for the ones I have now. But I would never start the bidding at these ridiculous prices others have up, or ask people to buy it now for $400 or something... totally crazy, can't believe people are actually listing tickets for that much especially over a month before the show. Maybe if they were front row or something. Maybe. But I honestly don't see the big deal about front row tbh.

But yeah, hopefully I will be able to get my friend and I some seats together.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
I hope they announce dates near New York, but I hope the dates aren't closely following the announcement. I'll feel relieved if/when they do announce dates over here, but I'm in $500 debt to my bank account (college/car money) from all the tickets I bought, so I'll be able to work on that and then be in a better position to buy the tickets when they go on sale.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:51:08 PM by Boba2Crash »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
Oy! Good luck with that. I'm kinda glad I won't be seeing them in NY again.

edit: Jesus!
https://cgi.ebay.com/2-tickets-Tool-Red-Rocks-6-28-10-/260606649892?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item3cad5de624#ht_500wt_1149
I saw The Who about 10 years ago.  I had second row seats.  The guys in front of me were the perfect caricatures of yuppy asshole douchebags.  There were four of them, and I guarantee you they're the sort that would have paid that and not thought twice about it. (Down here they're called 30k millionaires)   Hooting, hollering, and sloshing beer all hell over the place.  If this guy can sell those two tickets, he covers the cost of every other ticket he bought for both shows, and there are plenty of people who will shell out to see them play Sober, especially if they can be seen in the front row.

Interesting conclusion to the yuppy fuck-tards.  One of them was being so obnoxious that Pete actually asked for him to be removed from the front row as he was being a distraction.  The other three toned down their act but were still annoying.  Then, during a song they didn't care about, they went off to buy beer.  When they returned, they each had beers in each hand and a pair of smoking hot jailbait girls in tow.  Even weirder, the young ladies were far more distracting.  Pete commented twice in between songs "what a lovely, lovely pair of young ladies they were.  Really, just beautiful."  The man was absolutely captivated by them.
E.F. Benson

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2010, 11:49:42 PM »
 :lol, wow... I just can't believe people would pay that much. IT'S ROW 15!

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
I actually hope that Tool says "We're gonna tour the Eastern United States, but not until Fall/early Winter", because that'll give me time to work out of my $481 debt (keep in mind I'm in high school and have no job... so that's quite a sum of money). Mostly because of damn expensive ticket prices.  >:( But, seriously, do you guys have any ideas of how can get some money (inb4 rob a bank, mug someone, etc... ...this is actually kinda serious (not to derail the thread though)).

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2010, 07:28:04 AM »
So as of last week, I ordered my ticket to see Tool on July 10th. My friend's mother paid for mine and his ticket, and I was planning on paying her back. She said instead of paying her back, I'll just do yard work for her.

That's because the tickets cost almost $300 each because she forgot to order them when they went on sale, and she ordered them through ticket exchange (online scalping, basically)
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
Before I die of envy of not being able to see them, back onto the topic of the thread title, what direction will the new album be in d'you reckon? Back to the more straightforward stuff of Undertow, or further in the 'dreamy' direction 10,000 Days took? I can't really see them pulling off another Undertow style, so I think the latter is more likely. But it's Tool, so whatever they do will be amazing. (I'm actually not being sarcastic there, I'm just a complete fanboy)

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2010, 07:36:40 AM »
In all honesty, something in the same vein as 10,000 Days or Lateralus is what I'm really hoping for. Both albums are wonderful progressive metal albums, and I'd love to see them go in a similar direction.

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2010, 07:45:24 AM »
I think Lateralus was probably my favourite mix of the metal side of them, the prog, the dreamy and the lyrics, but it's understandable if they don't top it as it is my favourite album ever.  :P But yeah, I'd actually be fine with a 10,000 Days 1.5 really, as long as the lyrics are still up to their standard of excellence.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »
They've done an excellent job 5/5 times in terms of lyrics. I'm liking those odds.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »
It's Tool we're talking about here... it will be amazing.

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »
To be honest I don't see why the amount of 'intermission' tracks in 10,000 Days made so many critics rate it lower than their other albums, Aenima has far more and they don't really bother me too much. I actually really like Lost Keys. Also, I found Intension (the spelling still annoys me) to be my least favourite Tool song when I first heard it, but now I lovelovelove it.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2010, 07:09:01 PM »
To be honest I don't see why the amount of 'intermission' tracks in 10,000 Days made so many critics rate it lower than their other albums, Aenima has far more and they don't really bother me too much. I actually really like Lost Keys. Also, I found Intension (the spelling still annoys me) to be my least favourite Tool song when I first heard it, but now I lovelovelove it.
I fullly/somewhat agree with everyone thing in this post.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2010, 08:39:03 AM »
I just listened to Lateralus and was bored to tears, 10,000 days has far more going for it. And Lost Keys is an amazing buildup to Rosetta Stoned :-\

Offline bodiesinflight

• I prefer drone
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2010, 08:41:29 AM »
SAY WHAT!?

You think Lateralus is boring but 10,000 Days isn't? That's the wrong way round surely.
Drowned in Sound
Echoes & Dust
Stereoboard

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »
I just listened to Lateralus and was bored to tears

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2010, 09:12:07 AM »

Lateralus > 10 000 Days any day.

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »
Lateralus > Most other albums, let alone most other Tool albums.

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »
Bump! I just ordered the Lateralus Vinyl. I'm actually incredibly excited, it's the first vinyl of an album I like as opposed to my mum.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2010, 12:21:38 PM »
*snip*

Lateralus > 10 000 Days any day.
As an album, oh most definitely. I hold the song 10,000 Days ever so slightly higher than Lateralus however.