Author Topic: Are there isolated sections to the track "Octavarium"  (Read 4110 times)

Offline m0hawk

Are there isolated sections to the track "Octavarium"
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »
Hi, I'm new here, so if this goes against forum rules or something, let me know.

Basically, I was wondering whether there were separate mp3s for each Octavrium phase. More specifically, I am looking for the start, and the end (Razor's Edge). Those sections are some of the best pieces of music I've ever heard. Perhaps the band released separate sections for fans? Or maybe a fan separated them cleanly?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
Re: Are there isolated sections to the track "Octavarium"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:24:46 PM »
Um

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
No.  Octavarium is one track, and one track only.  Please don't ask for alterations of copyrighted material.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »
It's not too hard to use a free program like Audacity to chop up the song however you like.

Offline Tuneman

• Banned from P/R
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
good question! There isn't, however as mentioned before there are numerous programs that will allow you to separate one track into different files.

Also- if anyone is or has acted like a fucking dick to you, ignore them.

Welcome

Offline m0hawk

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »
Gotcha. I'll try to split it myself, then. Cheers!

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 03:18:07 AM »
Yeah, I got the whole Twelve Step Suite split down into it's individual steps and put together as an individual album, it's not that hard  :P
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »
Yeah, I got the whole Twelve Step Suite split down into it's individual steps and put together as an individual album, it's not that hard  :P

Ditto. I've also separated any other song with movements and burned them to a CD pretty easily (ITPOE, 8VM, TOT)... I also made a kick-ass mix that includes the following:

ITPOE I. Prelude
ITPOE II. Ressurection (wind fades into chatter/static of SS)
Sacrificed Sons (Part 1)
Sacrificed Sons (Part 2 - where the instrumental section begins)
In The Name Of God (Part 1)
In The Name Of God (Part 2)
In The Name Of God (Part 3) (Final note fades into opening of 8VM)
8VM Intro (The Floydian part by JR right up to the main theme on Continuum)
8VM I. Someone Like Him
8VM II. Medicate (Awakening)
8VM III. Full Circle
8VM IV. Intervals
8VM V. Razor's Edge (ending fades out into wind sounds)
ITPOE III. Heretic
ITPOE IV. The Slaughter Of The Damned
ITPOE V. The Reckoning
ITPOE VI. Salvation

17 tracks and awesome to listen to on a nice long drive...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »
How is ITNOG 3 tracks? Did you separate them instead of putting the whole song? Or did you cut some parts? And what about 8VM and ITPOE, did you also separate the tracks? I think it would be cool to play to mix them a little bit more instead of keeping the same order.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 11:17:28 AM »
How is ITNOG 3 tracks? Did you separate them instead of putting the whole song? Or did you cut some parts? And what about 8VM and ITPOE, did you also separate the tracks? I think it would be cool to play to mix them a little bit more instead of keeping the same order.

I used points in ITNOG as separation points for different tracks - the 2nd part begins when the morse-code nugget part starts (about the same section they played during Schmedley Wilcox), and the third part is when the main theme comes back in.

And as for 8VM and ITPOE, I did index the tracks where they are sectioned off. I have mixed movements of songs before, but it was for Rush songs, and totally mixed up parts of their various multi-part pieces, and not keep them in such an order like I did here, but throwing in SS, ITNOG and 8VM in the middle of ITPOE seemed like a cool idea to me, and the segues work so well with the wind-sound in ITPOE fading into SS and out of 8VM, and of course, the same key used at the end of ITNOG and into 8VM.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 02:13:55 PM »
sounds like fun...I may have to try something like that sometime

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »

I used points in ITNOG as separation points for different tracks - the 2nd part begins when the morse-code nugget part starts (about the same section they played during Schmedley Wilcox), and the third part is when the main theme comes back in.

And as for 8VM and ITPOE, I did index the tracks where they are sectioned off. I have mixed movements of songs before, but it was for Rush songs, and totally mixed up parts of their various multi-part pieces, and not keep them in such an order like I did here, but throwing in SS, ITNOG and 8VM in the middle of ITPOE seemed like a cool idea to me, and the segues work so well with the wind-sound in ITPOE fading into SS and out of 8VM, and of course, the same key used at the end of ITNOG and into 8VM.

-Marc.
Ah Ok thank you. That is cool.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 09:20:18 PM »
What's the point? Just wondering.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 10:08:24 AM »
What's the point? Just wondering.

The point of what I did? Just for fun... and just to hear songs from different albums together on the same CD, and to do something you can't do with just normal playlist-shuffling.

Ever since I was a Rush fan (way back) in 2002, I had been mixing songs together using different audio editing programs.

-Marc.