Author Topic: Bruce Dickinson Top 30 (Now Sharing: Wolfking)  (Read 23802 times)

Offline GuineaPig

Re: Bruce Dickinson Top 25
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
14. The Tower (from The Chemical Wedding)

The second single off The Chemical Wedding, “The Tower” is an infectious bit of heavy metal.  From start to finish, this song just grooves; driven by great riffs and an exceptional rhythm section.  It’s just all so damn catchy; the riffs, melodies, and beats are all pretty simple, and just beg to be sung/played along to.  It’s no surprise that this was the song Bruce used for crowd participation; the melodies are irresistible.  It also gives Casillas and Ingraham a time to shine, as they’re clearly right at home with less heavy, more groovy tune.  H provides a good solo, and after it, he and Z combine for a fantastic harmony that evokes the memories of the best moments of any Maiden tune.  Bruce puts in a solid performance as well, and his voice really goes a long way to making it as catchy and singable as it is.  I guess this is as good a spot as any to remark on Bruce’s performance on The Chemical Wedding; it’s damn solid, easily as good as any performance at his height with Maiden.  As I mentioned in my review of the album, there’s virtually no effects or tricks on his voice for the duration of the album (except for “Machine Men” and “The Alchemist” I think), allowing the pure strength of his naked voice to shine through.  After his vocal experiments throughout the ‘90s (with mixed results and reception), it’s 100% vintage Dickinson here, and he sounds great.

13. River of No Return (from Tyranny of Souls)

The first song from his latest album to appear on this list, “River of No Return” is a song that evokes a real feel of mystery.  The acoustic and piano verses with the hint of distortion on the horizon, married to the cryptic lyrics (based on the Riverworld series by Phillip José Farmer) give the song a very different texture.  Once again, the melodies are extremely strong, with Bruce alternating between deeper verses and soaring choruses.  It just sounds so damn cool.  Z puts in a good solo here as well.  Not much else to say; it’s just a great song.  It is however, a good representation of my biggest criticism of Tyranny of Souls; the new Tribe members David Moreno and Juan Perez on drums and bass respectively (although, it should be noted, that the bassist on this track as well as the majority of the album was Ray Burke) don’t really make much of an impression on this song or on the album.  I mean, Ingraham and Casillas never really were front and center previously, but each managed to impart a bit of their style on the listener.  Neither Moreno nor the two bassists manage to improve the album, which is a shame, as their performances really could’ve spiced up an album that to me is a little bland at times.

12. Cyclops (from Balls to Picasso)

Listening to Balls to Picasso for the first time, one might think that it was going to be an extremely dark metal album; the atmosphere in “Cyclops” is extremely foreboding, and once the riffs come in, are dissonant and crushing.  In many ways, it’s similar to “River of No Return” in the feel that the first couple of verses evoke.  However, “Cyclops” is superior for a number of reasons.  This song contains some of the best riffs in Dickinson’s catalogue; and two phenomenal solos from Z.  The first one at 4:00 builds up extremely well in the second half, and Z wisely restrains himself.  The choruses aren’t as instantly catchy as some of his other work, but they have a cool feel with the dissonance and Roy’s reverb-drenched rhythm work.  From about 5:30 onwards the song is utterly fantastic, with Bruce providing some haunting vocals over a procession of great riffs.  Seriously, the number of great riffs in the last 2 and a half minutes is mind-boggling, as is the way they and Bruce intertwine.  It’s a damn shame this never got a spin on any of his solo tours with two guitarists.  Fantastic song.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:06:37 AM by GuineaPig »
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »
The Tower gives me a stiffy.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 11:26:10 PM »
Absolute genius guitar parts in the bridge of the Tower. I remembe hearing it on the radio back when it was first released and thinking it was so much better than what Maiden was putting out at the time. 

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 11:42:21 PM »
The Tower gives me a stiffy.
:tup  :lol I actually lol'd

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 11:31:12 AM »
11. Chemical Wedding (from The Chemical Wedding)

The title track from his fourth solo studio album, “Chemical Wedding” is just a fantastic song.  Nothing revolutionary; the song structure is standard, the beat 4/4, and nothing wild happens.  But the song is, similar “Accident of Birth” or “Silver Wings” just strong in its own right; it doesn’t need any bells and whistles.  The lyrics, similar to “River of No Return,” work very well with the guitars in the verses to establish a creepy and mysterious sound.  The lyrics are extremely cryptic, and I have no clue what they mean or what they are about, though I have heard that they are supposedly based on Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz, a 17th century tome from a secret society of Rosicrucians.  I suppose it’s fitting that the lyrics are as weird as they are, because I got creeped out just writing that sentence.  Anyways, the chorus melody is among the best Dickinson has produced, and helps keep the repeated line of the chorus from being monotonous.  The solo by Z has some great rhythm riffs behind it, which leads well into the final chorus.  Great stuff.

10. Power of the Sun (from Tyranny of Souls)

This song begins and ends the same way: by annoying me.  However, the three minutes and twenty seconds in between are pure metal bliss.  Once again, the marriage between lyrics and music is apt; the energy in the lyrics is matched in the speed of the song.  The urgency of the song is a large part of what makes it great; I think it’s one of those songs that would become progressively worse for each bpm you slowed it down.  This is partly because songs like this are meant to be fast, but also because the lyrics would be much less poignant otherwise.  Not much else to say about this song; Z puts in a good solo, and the chorus is great.  I suppose I’ll devote the rest of this recap to discussing another thing that annoys me about Tyranny of Souls: the production.  Usually Z is top notch in this regard, both in his work with Dickinson, Halford, and Judas Priest, but as well with his own bands.  Especially if one listens to it after The Chemical Wedding, the album just seems so weak.  Specifically in the low end, the guitars seem very feeble, with too much treble.  Compared to The Chemical Wedding’s hammering low-end, the production here just seems so feeble, and harms the heavier songs such as “Abduction” and “Soul Intruders.”

9. Back from the Edge (from Skunkworks)

The only song from Skunkworks to make this list, “Back from the Edge” isn’t much different from the rest of the album.  Contrary to what this list would imply, I do not dislike Skunkworks; it’s a fresh and engaging album and a great experiment.  However, although the quality of the album is very consistent, few songs grab me like “Inertia” (which came very close to making the list) or “Back from the Edge.”  Like I said, it’s not that the song is very different in style or substance from the others on the album, it’s just that it manages to be superior in every facet, from Dickson’s guitar work to Dickinson’s vocals.  It’s a fun song to listen and sing to, it’s got a nice groove, and an infectious energy.  The repetition of “Back from the edge...” towards the end is one of my favourite moments in Dickinson’s discography.  I was really glad they busted this out for Dickinson’s 2002 solo tour (and reunion with Dickson), as this song deserved a lot more than just being played on one tour.  Special note goes to a stand-out performance by the "Italian drummer" Alessandro Elena.  Fantastic stuff.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
Some really great songs here, River of No Return, The Tower... Power of the Sun, The Chemical Wedding and Back from the edge!

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »
I never thought much of Power of the Sun.  I'll have to revisit it. 

Also, what's the bet that GP's no.1 is Jerusalem?  I'm sure I've seen him say that before...

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 12:57:45 AM »

Also, what's the bet that GP's no.1 is Jerusalem?  I'm sure I've seen him say that before...

Either that or Book of Thel. ;)
Hope we'll see Navigate the Seas of the Sun up there as well, maybe my favorite Bruce song. :)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 02:41:48 AM »

Either that or Book of Thel. ;)
Hope we'll see Navigate the Seas of the Sun up there as well, maybe my favorite Bruce song. :)

Yeah that song is beautiful.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 05:18:03 AM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 05:19:26 AM »
16. Trumpets of Jericho (from The Chemical Wedding)

If Accident of Birth was a heavier record than what fans might have expected from him, The Chemical Wedding took it to another level by dialing the distortion up to 11 and dropping a crushing low end on the listener.  In fact, “Trumpets of Jericho” might be the heaviest song he’s ever written.  Whereas other songs, such as “Machine Men” might feature the same sort of aggression and heavy guitars, no song of his is as audaciously dissonant as is this effort.  And it works extremely well.  The production certainly lends a helping hand, but so does the way the song is structured.  Dickinson keep his voice rather low on the extremely dissonant verses, but soars over the more energetic choruses.  The constant light/dark approach to the guitar and vocal stylings helps to keep things fresh and not let the song become a Sabbath-esque interminable grind.  Solid performances from each band member (except Casillas, who is lost in the mix here) prop up the song as well; it was particularly cool to hear H produce a cacophonous, evil, solo, which was way out of character from his usual melodic stylings.  Great song

Such an amazing song, heavy as all hell.  The chorus is phenomenal!!!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:21:35 PM by wolfking »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »
8. Omega (from Accident of Birth)

I’ve read in a couple of interviews that there’s somewhat of a story arc between “Starchildren,” “Omega,” and “Arc of Space.”  I can’t really connect the dots on them myself, but if, hypothetically, it’s true, then one star shines brighter than all the others.  Which is fitting, I suppose, because “Omega” (in this case, referring to the Greek letter, which also means ‘the end’) is about a supernova.  The penultimate song on Accident of Birth, it’s first couple minutes are pretty good.  It’s nothing revolutionary, and not as captivating as, for example, “Taking the Queen,” but it’s all a prelude.  The song really kicks off with one of H’s best solos, that leads into a roaring solo from Z and one hell of guitar harmony to cap it off.  I’m not going to wax poetic about the rest of the song, because although it’s good, there’s nothing to say about it that I haven’t already said about others, and somewhat similar to “Stranger in a Strange Land” by Maiden, its spot on this list, and its elevation from merely ‘good’ to ‘awesome,’ is really due to a fantastic solo by Mr. Adrian Smith.

7. Wicker Man (from The Best of Bruce Dickinson)

Originally written and recorded (partially) for the Accident of Birth sessions, and finished during The Chemical Wedding sessions, it wasn’t until Bruce’s Best Of... came out in 2002 for “Wicker Man” to find its way to the general public.  Which is a real shame, as its a fantastic song, and would’ve been a great addition to either album.  Of course, it does feel a little rough and unfinished, and is not polished to the shining gleam of the songs on either of the two albums, but it almost adds to its charm.  I don’t know how much of it’s production is a hodge-podge, but it sounds a lot like it was a transition between the two albums sound-wise.  Either way, it’s a great song.  There are a handful of great riffs, two great solos by Z and H, and a solid bass performance by Casillas.  The lyrics deserve special mention, as they are some of the best Dickinson has wrote.  Stanzas like this are simple in terms of construction, but have an elegance nonetheless:

Let the pendulum go
Let it sway away
Let the chimes ring out
On this solstice day

When the earth renews
When the seed reveals
When we are reborn
In every waking dream

Fantastic.  The chorus is great, but the best moments of the song are in the final minute, which builds upon itself for a fantastic finish.  Dickinson also puts in a great performance here.  Awesome stuff.

6. The Alchemist (from The Chemical Wedding)

One of the very few instances of vocal effects occur during the first minute of “The Alchemist.”  The vocals pan back and forth between a distorted and a clean Bruce, and it creates a really cool and creepy effect.  Another great lyric, this one concerning alchemy.  Once again, and something that has become somewhat of a recurring theme on this list, seeing how well Bruce does it, the music and lyrics work extremely well together.  Another atypical, slow, building Smith contribution, the riffs are fairly simple, but very cool, and allows Casillas a lot of breathing room to meander on the bass.  The mix between the heavy distortion and the heavy reverb is an interesting choice of effects.  Of course, the reprise of “Chemical Wedding” to end the album, is absolutely genius, and lends a much greater feel of a concept than there actually is.  This song is just cool to listen to, as its slow pace and interesting effects really allow itself to expand itself sonically.  Awesome song.  Note: if you have the normal version, stick around an extra minute and half for a final quote delivered by Arthur Brown.  It scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it, because I thought the album was done, so I hadn't turned it off before I went to bed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:46:42 PM by GuineaPig »

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »
Wicker Man is a really underrated song, nice to see it on the list. :)
Haven't listened to Accident of Birth in ages, so can't really comment on Omega, however The Alchemist is pretty awesome as well.
Really interested in seeing the rest 5. :)

Offline LordCaptainMcKlockenstein

• M For Mancy.
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »
This is a great thread for seeing which songs I passed up when listening to Bruce's solo stuff.

Hope to see "Book of Thel," "Navigate the Seas of the Sun," and "Darkside of Aquarius" in the next 5. :)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 02:28:25 PM »
If Tears Of The Dragon isn't on your Top 5, I am disappoint.

Your list looks great so far, many songs I haven't heard before :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »

One of the very few instances of vocal effects occur during the first minute of “The Alchemist.”  The vocals pan back and forth between a distorted and a clean Bruce, and it creates a really cool and creepy effect.  Another great lyric, this one concerning alchemy.  Once again, and something that has become somewhat of a recurring theme on this list, seeing how well Bruce does it, the music and lyrics work extremely well together.  Another atypical, slow, building Smith contribution, the riffs are fairly simple, but very cool, and allows Casillas a lot of breathing room to meander on the bass.  The mix between the heavy distortion and the heavy reverb is an interesting choice of effects.  Of course, the reprise of “Chemical Wedding” to end the album, is absolutely genius, and lends a much greater feel of a concept than there actually is.  This song is just cool to listen to, as its slow pace and interesting effects really allow itself to expand itself sonically.  Awesome song.  Note: if you have the normal version, stick around an extra minute and half for a final quote delivered by Arthur Brown.  It scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it, because I thought the album was done, so I hadn't turned it off before I went to bed.

Scared the hell out of me as well!  :lol

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »
And all this vegetable world appeared on my left foot
As a bright sandal, formed immortal of precious stones and gold
I stooped down, and bound it on
To walk forward through eternity...

Anyways, guesses for my top 5?  I'm pretty sure I've got the order down.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:19:36 PM by GuineaPig »

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 05:02:35 PM »

One of the very few instances of vocal effects occur during the first minute of “The Alchemist.”  The vocals pan back and forth between a distorted and a clean Bruce, and it creates a really cool and creepy effect.  Another great lyric, this one concerning alchemy.  Once again, and something that has become somewhat of a recurring theme on this list, seeing how well Bruce does it, the music and lyrics work extremely well together.  Another atypical, slow, building Smith contribution, the riffs are fairly simple, but very cool, and allows Casillas a lot of breathing room to meander on the bass.  The mix between the heavy distortion and the heavy reverb is an interesting choice of effects.  Of course, the reprise of “Chemical Wedding” to end the album, is absolutely genius, and lends a much greater feel of a concept than there actually is.  This song is just cool to listen to, as its slow pace and interesting effects really allow itself to expand itself sonically.  Awesome song. Note: if you have the normal version, stick around an extra minute and half for a final quote delivered by Arthur Brown.  It scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it, because I thought the album was done, so I hadn't turned it off before I went to bed.

Scared the hell out of me as well!  :lol

This!  Still gives me chills under the right conditions.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »
And all this vegetable oil appeared on my left foot

I thought he said "Vegetable world?"

Anyway, my guess for your top 5:

1. Jerusalem
2. Tears of the Dragon
3. Book of Thel
4. Navigate the Seas of the Sun
5. Gates of Urizen

Though, given your love for Confeos, I cannot be sure :P

EDIT: ugh, double post.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
Hmm, my guess for your top5:

1. Jerusalem
2. The Book of Thel
3. Navigate the Seas of the Sun (at least so i hope) :D
4. Gates of Urizen (don't think i've seen it mentioned, and i know you dig CW)
5. Tears of the dragon

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
And all this vegetable oil appeared on my left foot

I thought he said "Vegetable world?"

Yeah, I guess.  I checked a bunch of sites and they all say 'vegetable world.'  Though I have no clue what the fuck that means.  That William Blake.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 06:09:30 PM »
I was listening to the album Accident of Birth, and I can't Believil :neverusethis: I'm the first person to suggest "Dark Side of Aquarius".  When Bruce belts out the "Here comes the riders..." bridge parts always I get excited.  I wouldn't put it in my top 10, but definately my top 20.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »
I was listening to the album Accident of Birth, and I can't Believil :neverusethis: I'm the first person to suggest "Dark Side of Aquarius".  When Bruce belts out the "Here comes the riders..." bridge parts always I get excited.  I wouldn't put it in my top 10, but definately my top 20.

Ah, of course.  I forgot about that gem.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
Top 5;

1. Lickin' the Gun
2. I Will Not Accept the Truth
3. Hell on Wheels
4. Believel
5. Shoot all the Clowns

Honorable mentions;

I'm in a Band with an Italian Drummer
Elvis has left the Building
Dive Dive Dive

How close am I  :hat

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »

I suggested that song earlier in the thread.  Amazing track.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
Well, I suppose it's fitting that my number 5 is actually...

5. Darkside of Aquarius (from Accident of Birth)

Another classic from Accident of Birth, “Darkside of Aquarius” has a lot of damn cool things going on.  It’s catchy, heavy, and jam-packed with riffs, harmonies, and great performances.  It’s pretty much all that’s awesome about Dickinson’s solo work crammed into one song.  The intro is damn cool, and I love how the crowd sings along to it on Scream For Me Brazil.  Beyond that, the verses and chorus are excellent, featuring some fantastic soaring vocals from Dickinson and a tight and heavy rhythm performance by all the instrumentalists.  After two great solos and a cool riff, the song slows down, only to start up again...  The build up out of the quiet bit is absolutely phenomenal.  Damn, I really wish Dickinson does another solo tour because I desperately want to see this one live.  The version on Scream For Me Brazil with the fantastic backing vocals by Casillas and Smith is amazing, and would definitely be an incredibly cool thing to see in the flesh.  I really hope Bruce gets around to doing another solo album and tour sometime in the future; there's too much great material in his discography.  In fact, if I had to pick one artist not currently producing albums/touring to do so it would be Bruce.  Fantastic song.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2010, 07:49:39 PM »
Well, I suppose it's fitting that my number 5 is actually...

5. Darkside of Aquarius (from Accident of Birth)

Another classic from Accident of Birth, “Darkside of Aquarius” has a lot of damn cool things going on.  It’s catchy, heavy, and jam-packed with riffs, harmonies, and great performances.  It’s pretty much all that’s awesome about Dickinson’s solo work crammed into one song.  The intro is damn cool, and I love how the crowd sings along to it on Scream For Me Brazil.  Beyond that, the verses and chorus are excellent, featuring some fantastic soaring vocals from Dickinson and a tight and heavy rhythm performance by all the instrumentalists.  After two great solos and a cool riff, the song slows down, only to start up again...  The build up out of the quiet bit is absolutely phenomenal.  Damn, I really wish Dickinson does another solo tour because I desperately want to see this one live.  The version on Scream For Me Brazil with the fantastic backing vocals by Casillas and Smith is amazing, and would definitely be an incredibly cool thing to see in the flesh.  I really hope Bruce gets around to doing another solo album and tour sometime in the future; there's too much great material in his discography.  In fact, if I had to pick one artist not currently producing albums/touring to do so it would be Bruce.  Fantastic song.

??? Iron Maiden are doing both.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2010, 08:19:51 PM »

I suggested that song earlier in the thread.  Amazing track.

You're right, you did.  So did McKlockenstein.  I should lay of the sauce when posting.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2010, 09:04:16 AM »
4. Navigate the Seas of the Sun (from Tyranny of Souls)

Another gem of a song, “Navigate the Seas of the Sun” is a traditional Dickinson ballad; a beautiful, acoustic, wistful, piece.  A gorgeous song about the future of humanity, the song possesses a simple elegance that is sublime.  Like his other soft songs, proceedings are kept simple and melancholy, avoiding the saccharine mood of so many metal ballads.  Bruce puts in a fairly reserved performance, saving his full range for one powerful verse.  Lyrically, it’s probably my favourite song of any Dickinson has had a hand in writing.  As I said previously, the best way to describe it is elegant simplicity.  It’s not overwrought, it does not try to be too deep; it is content to fit beautifully with Z’s accompanying acoustic guitar.  Lyrics like this:

Purple gold and blue,
Living colours every hue,
Flowers in the garden of the gods
No one can ever know
If you never saw them grow
This darkness, is really full of light

Beautiful, just beautiful.  The lyrics don’t try to hard to get their point across, but to someone who realizes what it’s about, it’s wondrous.  I can’t really describe it any better than that.  Fantastic, fantastic song.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »
Nice to see Navigate the Seas of the Sun, i would prolly have ranked it as nr 1 though. ;)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
Seas of the Sun is good, but when it comes to Dickenson ballads, I prefer "Man of Sorrow".

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »
Seas of the Sun is good, but when it comes to Dickenson ballads, I prefer "Man of Sorrow".

That song is great as well.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2010, 04:22:12 PM »

Completely agree.  MOS kick Suns ass so much it's not funny.  NTSOTS is a top song, but never understood the high praise, definitely wouldn't be in my top 25.  I might give this album some spins, see what I think a couple of years later.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010, 07:01:19 PM »
Man of Sorrows is a great song.  It was actually #26; the last song to get bumped.

However, similar to "Omega," its awesomeness is directly correlated to the amount Adrian Smith solos on that song.  Another one of his best.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2010, 04:49:50 AM »
So true about H's solo in MOS.  And, a big YUSS for me correctly guessing your No. 4 spot.