Author Topic: Bruce Dickinson Top 30 (Now Sharing: Wolfking)  (Read 23791 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Bruce Dickinson Top 30 (Now Sharing: Wolfking)
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2011, 08:15:23 AM »
No Way Out..., Sacred Cowboys, and Chemical Wedding all make my Top 30 as well.

In fact, I'd have Sacred Cowboys knocking on the door of my Top 10!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011, 07:35:28 PM »
25. Abduction (from Tyranny of Souls)

We kick off the top 25 with a track from Bruce's latest solo album to date.  Love the intensity and the crushing tempo throughout, a real ass kicker of an opener.  The riffs are somewhat generic and simple but they do the job nicely.  The highlight of this song is the very melodic chorus, great to sing to and Roy's leads in the background support Bruce 100%.  Love the quick double kick passage after the first chorus.  This song would have been a couple of spots higher if it wasn't for the guitar solo.  This is one of Roy's weakest solos.  Rushed, sloppy and really doesn't fit the song at all.  You get used to it, but after hearing Roy's work on Chemical Wedding, this is just lazy.  Great harmonies though and the chorus saves the day and just scrapes it in to the top 25.

24. Road to Hell (From Accident of Birth)

Here's Bruce doing his best Maiden impression.  Great song, and I love the opening riffs using minor 3rd harmonies, very melodic, very effective and very Maiden.  Not much to say on this one, it's a safe song but drives along nicely with a great pre chorus build, catchy chorus and an excellent solo from H, love the technique H uses in the solo buildup too.  One useless piece of trivia is that the version on the best of omits the flange effect after the first chorus, interesting.

23. Tryanny of Souls (from Tyranny of Souls)

Now, the title track from Bruce's last solo outing.  It's a real shame that Adrian wasn't involved in this album, and I still don't really know why.  Everyone was hoping for a AOB/CW lineup reuion, but it wasn't meant to be.  Great song this one, the evil intro instantly reminds me of Black Sabbath, and Bruce's vocals really brings the title track to mind.  Epic chorus here, love Roy's simple riffing, fits very well, and I love Bruce's vocal melodies too.  Nice buildup to the middle bit which is extremely heavy.  Roy's solo comes crashing in, and I think working with Judas Priest around the same time really rubbed off, because this solo sounds exactly like KK Downing to me.  Crushing dive bombs, wah, pentatonic licks aplenty.  The epic change at 4:34 and how Roy finishes the solo is godly.  Maybe he was just warming up with Abduction.  :tup

22. Kill Devil Hill (from Tyranny of Souls)

Yet another song from Bruce's last solo outing.  A song confirming Bruce's love for aeroplanes, and a story about the Wright Brothers first flight.  It's interesting how dark the music is in compared to the subject matter, I've always found that interesting, but I'm sure Bruce had the origin of the place in mind too when writing.  The lyrics are well put together too, of course.  Love the groove through the verse, but the hero is that chorus which lifts the mood and really soars you above and beyond.  I think one of the most talked about aspects of this album was the outro of this song.  I'm sure everyone was waiting for the killer solo when the song drifted off and faded out.  I guess it's a great contrast to the initial heaviness of the song.  Maybe this section is portraying the successful flight and sense of new discovery and freedom that was discovered in that flight.  Some called Bruce and Roy lazy and out of ideas for the song, but over time I've learned to appriciate the song as a whole and congratualted the guys for doing something really different structure wise and breaking the mold.  All in all a very intersting song.

21. Cyclops (from Balls to Picasso)

I think everyone had a sigh of relief hearing this song after Tattooed Millionaire.  Bruce came back to a more heavy type of music that he is best known for.  The first song we ever heard with the Bruce and Roy duo, and isn't it a beauty.  That main riff just crushes.  Dark and heavy with a brooding atmosphere throughout and a very dark yet wonderful chorus.  Love Roy's minor, phrygian and phrygian dominant solo work on this too.  His notes are placed so well and he never over indulges himself here.  The last two and a half minutes are bliss, great riffs and more great guitar work.  A nice Maiden throw back with that guitar melody too.  So good they even slightly revisited it on Broken from the Best of. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
Cyclops off of Live at the Marquee is all kinds of awesome.  Love Alex Dickson.  Probably said that before, but it bears repeating.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »
Cyclops, Road to hell, Abduction...  :metal

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2011, 03:33:49 AM »
Road To Hell :metal

One of my very favourites.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2011, 08:59:03 AM »
Tyranny of Souls is actually my favorite Bruce-album, followed by Skunkworks and then Chemical Wedding.
So I guess I'm kinda odd there.  ;)

Offline Mladen

« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
Love the quick double kick passage after the first chorus. 
What a great moment.  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »
Cyclops off of Live at the Marquee is all kinds of awesome.  Love Alex Dickson.  Probably said that before, but it bears repeating.

Yeah, I'm a fan too.  I really enjoy his style too.  Very sloppy and grungey, but I liked what he did with the older songs.

Road To Hell :metal

One of my very favourites.

:metal

Tyranny of Souls is actually my favorite Bruce-album, followed by Skunkworks and then Chemical Wedding.
So I guess I'm kinda odd there.  ;)

Not really Tyranny is very good, just not up to stratch with AOB and CW IMO.  Skunkworks is my third fav Bruce album.

Love the quick double kick passage after the first chorus. 
What a great moment.  :metal

Yeah, so good, worth a mention.

More list tomorrow.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 05:22:48 AM »
20. Born in '58 (from Tattooed Millionaire)

We enter the top 20 with one of Bruce's more laid back, somewhat commercial songs, from his very first solo album.  I like the simplicity of this one, the melodies I feel really are allowed to shine through.  Simple, to the point lyrics, but a good story nevertheless.  I like the tempo too, it casually grooves along at a really nice pace.  Good chorus, good melody and an overall good contrast between more softer verses to slightly harder choruses.  Janick's simple melody lead in the middle is very refreshing where nothing more is needed, he really adds to the song here.  In fact, that melody was so good he decided to sample it again many years later on Maiden's Montsegur!

19. Power of the Sun (from Tyranny of Souls)

Such a simple song here from Bruce, yet so damn effective.  Love the tempo and an almost power metal feel.  Bruce's horrid vocals at the very beginning and very end are a turn off but the song itself is good enough for top 20.  Great melodic solo from Roy and a special note to the wonderful riffing underneath the solo, good stuff.  Also, great harmonies that makes one instantly think of Maiden.  Not much more to say here, class song.

18. Wicker Man (from The Best of Bruce Dickinson)

Here's another rare one that was such a surprise when I popped in the second disc of Bruce's best of album.  Album quality song here, love the interesting main riff one this one, very dark, heavy but a bit different to other stuff he has done.  Certainly has the Chemical Wedding vibe to it, but honestly it wouldn't have fit on the album all that well IMO.  Special note to the keyboards on this one which really adds to the dense atmosphere of the song.  Solos are top notch, really really good, the solo section beckons back to AOB when I listen, it has a Darkside of Aquarius/Omega vibe to it, very good.  Nice climax towards the end too, great song, Bruce sounds excellent on this too.

17. 1000 Points of Light (from Balls to Picasso)

Here's a different one.  One of my favs from Balls and overall, one of Bruce's most underrated tunes.  This one I feel took time to grow, initially it comes across a bit bland, but after a while it really opens itself up.  I like the main riff, it's dark, but still rocks and really grooves along.  I like how Roy got a simple groovy riff to fit this tune, especially when the main riff alternates between it's root and flattened 5th, great contast between sounds and note selections.  Interesting verse on this one which opens itself up to an amazing chorus, I love it, very melodic which almost breaks free from the groove of the verses.  Interesting middle and love how it all comes together with the chorus again.  Underrated tune.

16. Accident of Birth (from Accident of Birth)

This one was like a bridge laying itself between the Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding albums.  Simply heavy and crushing from the get go, and never lets up.  You get an almost industrial feel on the songs intro.  Bruce lays down an intense performance here with some spine tingling lyrics. ("Jesus had his day off when they pulled you through" ouch!!)  Very simple chorus, which tramples all over you, extremmely effective, and memorable.  A special note to the wonderful pre chorus to which builds and adds to the intensity nicely.  Roy appears with a ripping solo here, nice run at the end.  Simply, heavy, crushing, brutal song.  A nice taste of things that were to come.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 06:11:15 AM »
All fantastic ones, except for Wicker man. Which I haven't heard...

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 06:29:52 AM »
Nice selection!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 06:37:08 AM »
I actually list Born in '58 in my Top 5.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »
Good stuff wolf.  *compares Born in '58 and Montsegur*

EDIT:  Wow, I've never heard that line because I hadn't heard album version of that song :facepalm:

:lol that's awesome.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:59:35 PM by sneakyblueberry »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
All fantastic ones, except for Wicker man. Which I haven't heard...

Do yourself a favour and check it out.

Nice selection!

:tup

I actually list Born in '58 in my Top 5.

Interesting, excellent song.

Good stuff wolf.  *compares Born in '58 and Montsegur*

:lol Just the first half of the melody is similar.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2011, 06:15:30 AM »
15. Solar Confinement (from Skunkworks)

Here's one from Skunkworks, a truely wonderful, overlooked album.  Bruce was going for something different here and he really wanted to try and immerse himself in an actual band again and try and steer away from the solo stigma, of course, it didn't work.  But what we got from this album was a varied, modern, grungey, melodic, quick and catchy group of songs, and this is definitely a highlight.  The intro sets a nice mood then the crashing tempo kicks in and we are in for a treat.  Some very thought provoking, interesting lyrics here from Bruce also.  A catchy as hell chorus and before you know it the songs over leaving you wanting more.  Great song, great atmosphere.

14. The Breeding House (Bonus track form Balls to Picasso)

This is a cracker of a tune.  When I discovered this I got very excited, I love this song.  A more straightforward Maiden style tune that is quick, cutting and catchy with some great melodies.  A song about Unit 731, a chemical warfare research unit that the Japanese army performed shocking human and fatal experiments of people.  Interesting topic, especially regarding the upbeat and catchy nature of the song.  Love the chorus, Bruce really shines on this one.  Roy does some splendid work in the guitar department too, providing 2 excellent solos.  Great feel, great tempo, just simply a cracking tune that really was worthy to be placed on an album.

13. Man of Sorrows (from Accident of Birth)

Now we get to one of Bruce's best ballads.  This tune has such a thick, dense atmosphere that is dripping with emotion and passion.  I love the simple piano work, which contrasts well with the synths.  Bruce sounds great as usual, it has a lovely chorus where Bruce takes charge.  The real highlight of the song is H's gut wrenching solo.  In H's long career, I believe the work he did with Bruce was possibly his best, and this song proves it.  A perfect solo, it cannot be faulted.  Tasteful guitar playing and Adrian just exploding into veried techniques and just amazing note selections.  Love the octave slides and then builds beautifully to a high bend that brings it all home.  Perfect.

12. Inside the Machine (from Skunkworks)

Here's another different one, something you wouldn't expect so high in the list.  I never really have been able to understand my love for this song as I feel it seems to get lost in the middle of the album to a lot of people.  I guess the chorus is the reason why I like it, I think it's wonderful.  Love Alex's arppegiated chords in the background and Bruce sings the most wonderful melody.  I can't say much more here, an amazing tune that is criminally underrated.

11. Silver Wings (from The Best of Bruce Dickinson)

Man, this was a hell of a surprise when I picked up the best of.  You can tell this is a song that has been put together quite quickly for a release like this as it is slightly simple and generic, but it's magic.  Cracking Maiden like tune, almost a sequel to Aces High.  Love the verse and the chorus just soars away.  A perfect hard rocking upbeat tune.  Roy slays here, his arppegios right at the end of his main solo are just godlike.  Cracking tune, I actually would have liked to hear more simpler songs like this from Bruce and Roy.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2011, 07:20:05 AM »
Ooh, I love those two Skunkworks tracks. Truly a great album.  :metal

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2011, 07:32:02 AM »
Man Of Sorrows and Silver Wings :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »
Ooh, I love those two Skunkworks tracks. Truly a great album.  :metal

Yeah, there's a hell of a lot of strong songs on that album, good stuff.

Man Of Sorrows and Silver Wings :metal

:metal

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2011, 05:44:04 AM »
I'm a bit surprised to see "Silver Wings" so high.  I know I put it on my list, but it's just that despite its energy it's pretty metal-by-numbers, and I can't get myself really passionate about it.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2011, 05:53:09 AM »
I'm a bit surprised to see "Silver Wings" so high.  I know I put it on my list, but it's just that despite its energy it's pretty metal-by-numbers, and I can't get myself really passionate about it.

Understand that point of view.  I guess I'm just a sucker for that type of simple, almost generic metal.  I love my prog like everyone else here, but sometimes just songs that are so simplistic, standard structure etc. just really get me going.  I guess the Maiden vibe does it for me too, this is the style they should have done more of when Bruce returned.  They have done so many long epic tracks over the last four albums and songs like Alchemist, Rainmaker, Different World, Fallen Angel etc. really scratch me where I itch.  Can't explain it better than that.  Aces High was also my first Maiden song and my introduction to a more classic heavy metal style, and this song sort of reminded me of that which also might make me biased.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2011, 06:17:51 AM »
10. Back From the Edge (from Skunkworks)

Another short, upbeat rocker from the wonderful Skunkworks album.  Always been in love with this track since I laid my ears on Skunkworks.  I really like the intervals that are used in the chords in the main riff, different, but very effective, it gives you a sense of urgency, as does the drum beat.  A special mention to Alex's slide guitar playing on this track, especially in that brilliant melodic solo, good stuff.  Excellent pre chorus, chorus and middle 8 on this onetoo , wonderful atmosphere.  And lastly, I love Bruce's sort of delayed call and response in the last chorus, clever, teriffic song.

9. Gates of Urizen (from Chemical Wedding)

Wow, such a dark, brooding song here, an intense, thick atmosphere.  A very simple natural minor arppegiated chord sequence works so damn here and I love how it all builds up.  I enjoy the chromatic descend in the intervals of the chords and vocals in the chorus where Bruce sings "At the gates."  Such a eerie vibe to it, and makes the song really.  I would say the highlight of the track for me is H again with his solo.  It's smooth, melodic, swift and just fucking flat out amazing.  This man is a genius on his instrument, and this is the proof.  Love Roy's work on the outro too.  I love how the song finishes on a simple C-D-E chord structure which ends it in a more uplifting was as Bruce sings "At the gates."  Such an amazing, sudden release.  Great track.

8. Son of A Gun (from Tattooed Millionaire)

The opening number of Bruce's debut solo album was quite misleading.  This straight ahead rocker was a perfect opener but leads the listener astray as to what the rest of the album has in store.  This is easily the best song on the album and just one of my favs.  An opening chord sequence which brings Wasting Love to mind rings the song in nicely and Janick provides some beautiful fills here.  Janick really is impressive on this whole album.  It's easy to see his style, while impressive in Maiden is better suited to a more rock and roll, dirty style, good guitar here.  The urgency of the verses is excellent while the chorus explodes with passion and power.  Cliche lyrics, but because it's Bruce, it's poetry.  Again, Janick's main solo fits the song like a glove, this man does have passion in his playing.  Great song, love it.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »
 :tup for Gates of Urizen.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2011, 06:37:49 AM »
7. King In Crimson (from Chemical Wedding)

The opening of this track lets you know from the start that Chemical Wedding means serious business.  I was shocked and amazing with just how heavy this track is, for me it was almost too good to be true.  Killer riff here which just fucking grooves along so damn nicely.  Great verse from Bruce, and an instantly catchy chorus which has you singing along evertime.  Excellent break in the middle and Roy and H trade off some super fine solos.  Not much else to say, just a crushing track.

6. Darkside of Aquarius (from Accident of Birth)

One of Bruce's staple tracks here that's killer in concert.  A dream like into which floats along before a crushing drop D riff comes in and kicks your ass.  I love David's drum beat in the verse, simple but very tasty.  Again, a wonderful chorus where Bruce just soars and makes you feel good.  I like the story and the overall atmosphere of the tune, it's basically just put together very, very well.  Some nice tasty phyrgian, dominant and harmonic minor solo coming from the boys which gives you a dark, brooding feel.  A break with an intro reprise then a whole new song comes to life in the outro.  Great riff again and excellent melodies.  The guitar harmonies around the four and a half minute mark are the highlight for me, classic Maiden, and just beautiful.  Amazing song.

5. Tears of the Dragon (from Balls to Picasso)

What can you say about this song that everyone doesn't already know?  Simply a perfect song, and one of Bruce's most popular and that's no surprise.  Bruce sings with such passion and emotion here you just feel every word he's saying.  The song is so well paced, has a great vibe and just breathes so well.  bruce's performance on the chours is simply one of his best, amazing, just amazing.  I guess the main highlight is Roy's jaw dropping solo.  This is a perfect guitar solo, right here.  It has melody, emotion, shred bits, bluesy bits, metal bits, it has every thing, easily one of the most emotional greatest guitar solos of all time, pure fucking gold. 

Offline Mladen

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »
Good ones once again.  :smiley:

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2011, 09:07:23 AM »
I love Tears Of The Dragon :heart

I once tried to sing it on Singstar (after a few beers). Fun times ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »
 :lol  Such a great song to sing along to.

Offline jlandrus23

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »
Tears of the Dragon is an amazing song!!! :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2011, 10:14:18 PM »
Tears of the Dragon is an amazing song!!! :metal

Definitely, and welcome to you.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »
I think I can guess the top 4 songs.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2011, 08:32:52 AM »
Darkside and Dragon are also in my Top 5. Great tunes. And nice to see you have Son Of A Gun ranked highly. :tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »
I think I can guess the top 4 songs.

Care to share?  Should be pretty easy.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »
Should be something along the lines of this (I'm reasonably sure I'm correct, so don't read unless you want to spoil yourself):

4. Jerusalem
3. Omega
2. Book of Thel
1. Trumpets of Jericho

I put it in small text because I'm nearly 100% sure of the choices, and like ~40% sure of the order

Also, I noticed you edited out your previous declaration that "Trumpets..." was your favourite Dickinson song.

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »
FuyCk yteaj vbruice!! HallowEd be thY naMe. Blest song !!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
FuyCk yteaj vbruice!! HallowEd be thY naMe. Blest song !!!!

Dude, wut??!   :lol

I will finish this tonight.  Stay tuned :tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2011, 06:07:18 AM »
4. Omega (from Accident of Birth)

A somewhat gem hidden deep inside the Accident of Birth album and quite fankly the best cut from this disc.  The sweet intro is lovely and calming and Bruce sounds fantastic here.  The pre-chours kicks in and it just soars.  It's quite difficult to describe this song in words, it's just a perfect song that breathes and makes me feel wonderful.  I love the chorus with the extra heavy Chemical Wedding style guitars, a taste of the sounds to come.  H delivers just a penomenal guitar solo, of course.  The melody and emotion, and basically just how he relates and adds to the song through his guitar solo is just perfect.  Roy comes in and shreds it up, and the highlight of the song is the amazing guitar harmonies at 4:12, they are just perfect.  The song kicks back down a gear and we are treated again to the wonderful chorus.  Such a fucking great song, perfect music.

3. Jerusalem (from Checmical Wedding)

Who can blame Guinea Pig for this song topping his list, it's perfect.  Every word he said was true, this is a gem.  As soon as the song starts, you get this folkish/celtic feel which suits around the poem absolutely perfectly.  The climax is also, one of the best I've ever heard in any song.  The tension that builds and Dickinson does such a phenomenal job.  Great chorus, it's just a perfect musical representation of the lyrics.  The guitar solo section is amazing, the riffing at 3:36 is wonderful and you feel an epic instrumental part coming on.  Roy is first with a wonderful solo cleverly switching between Dorian and Aeolian modes, his note selection and phrasing is excellent.  The harmony after that is magic, absolute magic.  Adrian enters with a more classic style solo contrasting well to Roy's, love his bluesier moments in there, fits really well.  Bruce comes back and steals the show, the section at 5:20 is one of the greatest pieces of music ever.  The ending with the mandolins and spoken word is just epic.  What a song.

2. Book of Thel (from Chemical Wedding)

This one and Jerusalem constantly battle it out for second place, but I think BOT just edges ahead.  It's more metal which appeals to me, and simply just fucking crushing.  Love the long build up and a heavy as hell drop D riff just comes in a slams you to the ground.  Bruce sings with fire and venom and spits the lyrics at you with epic conviction.  I LOVE the pre-chours, it's an amazing contrast to the verse, it builds and is just fucking evil.  The chorus, my god, the chorus.  I really don't think you could ask for a better and more melodic chorus than this.  Love Eddie's bass fills sprinkled in the choruses and pre chourses too, a very nice touch.  David is one fire here too, such a strong drummer, with an amazing sense of groove.  A key change and another crushing riff comes in and doesn't let us take a breath.  Adrain does a classic, harmonic, almost phyrgian domiant solo and fits the bill nicely.  The chanting bit from Bruce in between the solos is bliss.  Love his harmonies, quite unusual but, right here he proves what an amazing classically trained vocalist this man is.  Roy shreds our heads off amd then a nice riff builds tension again and we get back into that groovy heavy verse.  Again, love the outro and spoken word, ends things nicely.  Perfect, perfect metal.

1. Trumpets of Jericho (from Chemical Wedding)

Guinea Pig, you are fucking good, really fucking good.  I guess you paid close attention to my comments on your list, which is great, so I congratulate you on picking the last 4 perfectly, slightly different order, but hell, four out of four, legend.  :hefdaddy

I guess a lot of people would find this being an odd choice for number one, but I remember the first time I listened to this album.  I was sitting in my room listening through this album for the first time just in awe.  My mouth was on the floor and Jerusalem had just finished.  Then Bruce's heaviest song that he has ever performed on kicked in.  The grinding, brutal riff just made me go fucking crazy, and to this day, it is one of my favourite riffs of all time.  Rumor has it that they put bass strings on H's guitar to get the sound so heavy.  Bruce brings his evil side out once again and delivers a wonderful performance.  Pre chorus is epic and just heavy as hell, I love it, and the chorus is one of my favourite choruses of all time.  I was simply in awe when I heard it for the first time, it still amazes me today.  It has that classic Maiden feel but just sonically it just sounds unbelievable to me, the guitars, good lord, the guitars.  I also love how David grooves the chorus along, a perfect tempo, it almost gallops but grinds away, to this day I can't get enough and this song would be in my top 10 of all time I'd say.  Love Roy's quick melodic solo, very tasty.  The chromatic riff that comes next is even more heavy and evil.  I think by this stage on my first listen all those years ago, I was about to spontaneously combust just from the sheer bliss and excitement of this song.  Love H's evil solo, nice touch, and just adds to the song more.  David grooves everyone back in and we are treated to another verse and chours.  Love the outro, brings things to a lighter note which gives the perfect impression of a piece of music concluding.  This is just a perfect song, I get chills everytime I hear it, I can't say enough great things about it.

There you have it people, thank you for reading.  :metal