Author Topic: JM going silent after JR's arrival?  (Read 19741 times)

Offline changing_seasons

Re: JM going silent after JR's arrival?
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »
5-7-5-7 section? Sorry but I listen to music for enjoyment, I don't pay any attention to stuff like time signatures and I couldn't care less about anyone's playing ability. The only thing that matters to me is what sounds good to my ears.

I just needed something to call the final part of the instrumental section in the middle of the song, and there are 5s and 7s flying all over the place at that point. I too listen to music for enjoyment, but I enjoy the extraordinary talent of Jordan Rudess, and how he flawlessly executes just about anything he tries to. I can spot wrong notes in any music, and, after playing that section myself about 1000 times, I know the notes very well. Derek had quite a few problems there, and wrong notes definitely do not sound good to my ears.

I think one of the reason why Awake is a fan favourite is because the keyboard are more laid back.

This is probably true, and it is the reason Awake is my least favorite album. I hate the keyboards on it.
What I really can't stand is when he sounds like he's trying to play rythmn guitar. There is a time and place for keyboards and Jordan needs to learn when to just stop playing.

He only plays 'rhythm guitar' to cover for JP. Not even John can duplicate live the stuff he plays in the studio.
Tell about my brother
Tell them about me
The Count of Tuscany

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2010, 01:47:02 PM »
JM didnt go silent after JR's arrival, he just sat down and played on his bass  :metal

No seriously, I think they have gone along well since they first met, that's at least the impression I have.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »

He only plays 'rhythm guitar' to cover for JP. Not even John can duplicate live the stuff he plays in the studio.

WAT
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline SinisterMinisterX

• Grand Poobah of Small Miscellaneous Objects
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2010, 04:00:14 PM »
I can't see much of Myung in the Live Tourbulence Bootleg in Bucharest as well...

Almost zero JM there after the first two songs. But they have a camera all over him on Glass Prison. I always wondered, did that camera break?

Also, almost zero JM on Santiago. I was really disappointed with that edit in general. We all love MP, but way too much of him in that one.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »

WAT
He means he can't solo and do rhythm guitars at the same time lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »

WAT

ohhhhh  :blush
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2010, 12:57:55 PM »

WAT

Sucks they don't have a bassist.
fanticide.bandcamp.com