Author Topic: Has JP ever played these songs live...  (Read 3594 times)

Offline gabeh1018

Has JP ever played these songs live...
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
im not sure if this is the right board to ask this question but having really loved "suspended animation" by john petrucci....  has JP ever played tunnel vision or animate inanimate live anywhere? if so, is there like a youtube video of this?  i know this sounds retarded but i have a feeling he has chosen not to play these live is because of some difficult parts that he may not be able to pull off live consistently cause i some 3 times on G3 since 04  and he never plays those 2.. which are my favorites...

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
Re: Has JP ever played these songs live...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:17:06 PM »
Edit: Never mind...
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:17:43 PM »
The problem is that those songs have loads of overdubs and stuff and tunnel vision has synths and stuff and he just has him, bass and drums live so it would be rubbish.

Offline gabeh1018

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »
yea i understand that tunnel vision has a group of lines that have guitar harmonies and the same with the latter song.. but blah...  he should  of had paul gilbert play it with him lol

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:58:32 PM »
It's interesting though, because JP is never seen playing with another guitarist...

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »
It's interesting though, because JP is never seen playing with another guitarist...

Sure he has. The G3 tour, as well as playing with Queensryche for Comfortably Numb, among others.

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 03:10:17 PM »
No i mean him playing lead and just having another guitarist backing for a whole gig

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »
No i mean him playing lead and just having another guitarist backing for a whole gig

No, to my knowledge, he has never used a backup rhythm guitar player and most likely never would.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline walmartsecurity

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »

No, to my knowledge, he has never used a backup rhythm guitar player and most likely never would.

He never will in DT. he's very anal about being the only guitarist for SOME reason. I guess he knows that there aren't many rhythm guitarists out there that can play at his level on a nightly basis.

The only way DT is getting a rhythm guitarist is if JP clones himself, which is possible with his bear powers.

Offline LTE

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 03:55:59 PM »

The only way DT is getting a rhythm guitarist is if JP clones himself, which is possible with his bear powers.

Who knows, maybe he has already done that?

One Jp to play with Dt.
One Jp to play with LTE.
One Jp to stay home with family.
One Jp to survive in the Alaskan wilderness eating fish and groups of lost campers.
We are a way for the universe to know itself.
 I suffer from moderate/severe Depersonalization.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »

Who knows, maybe he has already done that?

One Jp to play with Dt.
One Jp to play with LTE.
One Jp to stay home with family.
One Jp to survive in the Alaskan wilderness eating fish and groups of lost campers.

He cloned this one after writing 'Endless Sacrifice.'

Offline gabeh1018

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »
hahaha interesting that this board turned into this, but i would imagine there is no existence of these 2 songs live...  on a side note: on LSFNY..  im starting to notice that A. his guitar tone that night or the cd for that matter is really bad IMO and B. his guitar playing is subpar compared to the other live cd/dvds  again IMO.. anyone else agree with me or am i jus being retarded

Offline robwebster

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »
He never will in DT. he's very anal about being the only guitarist for SOME reason.
Well, in fairness, he can do most of it himself. Seems silly to hire some fella to play a couple of rhythm passages, and then twiddle his fingers for twenty minutes.

Offline gabeh1018

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »
He never will in DT. he's very anal about being the only guitarist for SOME reason.
Well, in fairness, he can do most of it himself. Seems silly to hire some fella to play a couple of rhythm passages, and then twiddle his fingers for twenty minutes.
  yea i completely agree ive never thought DT needed an additional guitar player live... having the keyboard  substitute his rhythm guitar passages really works fine IMO

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 01:09:44 AM »
hahaha interesting that this board turned into this, but i would imagine there is no existence of these 2 songs live...  on a side note: on LSFNY..  im starting to notice that A. his guitar tone that night or the cd for that matter is really bad IMO and B. his guitar playing is subpar compared to the other live cd/dvds  again IMO.. anyone else agree with me or am i jus being retarded

I agree i hate the guitar and mix on that album. It's too "middy"

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »

Check out 'Summer Song' by JS, with JP on 2nd guitars. I know there's a shit video/decent audio of it on Youtube.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 08:13:32 AM »
JP does need a second guitarist for some songs and solos.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 08:36:54 AM »
A keyboard can never sound as good as a fat, crunchy rhythm guitar under the solos.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 01:14:38 PM »
A keyboard can never sound as good as a fat, crunchy rhythm guitar under the solos.

Amen.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!