Author Topic: Thinking about buying an organ  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Blackened Justice

Thinking about buying an organ
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:01:53 AM »
I want to get something that feels and sounds like a Hammond, with a pedal board, so I can learn some classical stuff that uses it.
My obvious first choice would be a vintage Hammond B3, fully equipped. Then my expectations came to a halt as I found out that the price of a fully equipped B3 rounds the 15000 dollars. The C3 is obviously an option, but at around 7000, fully equipped, is also too much money.
After some searching on youtube, the one that most people acclaimed was the Clavia Nord C1. I'm seriously considering getting one, as it successfully emulates 3 of my favorite organs: the Hammond, the Vox and the Farfisa. Does anyone here own one or has played one? Please share your opinion. If you have other suggestions, post them.

Cheers

Offline keysmann

Re: Thinking about buying an organ
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »
Blackened,
I used to own a Hammond A series organ back in the day. It was the home version of the B3. The difference was it didn't have an outboard speaker cabinet. The speakers were built in. It has everything a B3 has along with the full pedal board. You may be able to find one cheaper than the B3's you've been pricing. Mine was the Model A105. Here is a web link all about these organs for you check out. Enjoy.

Rich

https://www.captain-foldback.com/Hammond_sub/a100.htm

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »
"Thinking about buying an organ"

WHOA, there's young kids around this forum.  Let's keep it clean here, folks! 

:lol sorry.... had to do it. 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 05:34:19 PM »
"Thinking about buying an organ"

WHOA, there's young kids around this forum.  Let's keep it clean here, folks! 

:lol sorry.... had to do it. 

:millahhhh