Author Topic: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. PAWNS & KINGS  (Read 256545 times)

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »
Announcement from Michael Tremonti

All four band members will be very involved in the mixing process. Mark plans on making the trip to NYC to give feedback when the time is appropriate. I'm sure Myles will give feedback via the internet when needed. Remember, this album is like a baby. They will not abandon it in any way and they w...ill nurture it into adulthood (which will be the final version).The cool thing is that the same team who produced and mixed Blackbird are doing this new album as well. So the guys already have a comfort level that all will turn out spectacular."

Gah! This album cannot come soon enough!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2010, 09:59:55 AM »
That's cool and all, but man, that written bit by Michael...sounds like a bigger dork than any of us.   :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
Copied from Alter Bridge's web page.

Hello Alter Bridge Nation,

We are pleased to inform you that the recording of our third album has been completed. It was an amazing journey and we believe that the songs that we have created are our most inspired and dynamic work to date. We all worked very hard on these songs, over a long period of time, and we are all fiercely proud of what we have recorded. We have played some of the rough mixes of the songs to a few of our “trusted ears” and they are telling us that we have absolutely topped the Blackbird album. The true test will come when we get to hear what all you fans think and we are very much looking forward to that day.

The next step in the process will be mixing, which will begin in mid-April, in New York. The mixing will probably take a few weeks and once that is finished, we will begin the difficult task of deciding which songs will make the album. The goal is to release the album in September, before our planned October tour in Europe that will start in the UK. Stay tuned here for the latest news and updates as they happen.

Keep Rocking,

Alter Bridge
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:44:30 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
 :biggrin:

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 04:14:43 PM »
They definaly are in posession of some huge balls for saying this will top 'Blackbird'. Same production team? Awesome. I wouldn't want that new record sounding any less powerful than 'Blackbird'.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »
They definaly are in posession of some huge balls for saying this will top 'Blackbird'.

Same huge balls that just about every band has when they announce their new album is their best.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2010, 01:22:13 AM »
Here's a sweet vid of a Legato guitar lesson from Mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbPsfqttfi0&feature=player_embedded

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2010, 08:48:05 PM »
First of all, im totally jealous the folks in the UK will be the first to hear the new Alter Bridge songs live!
Yes, ladies and gentlemen... Alter Bridge are finally coming back to rock the UK in October. They are going to start in Glasgow and play eight cities in the UK. A European tour will follow. The UK dates will be announced Monday so check www.alterbridge.com and our Myspace page at www.myspace/alterbridge as they should be put up there first.

The UK will be the first to hear some new, ridiculously awesome tunes. Spread the word!!!

Michael Tremonti

Second of all, I'm loving these videos of Myles singing for Slash's tour. He sounds killer on Paradise City!

Paradise City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzkYGqAXWYE

Rise Today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXHZt949SIg

Back From Cali
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zl_YWmdWHg

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
I'm watching the PC video. Good god, the video guy needs to stop wanting to have sex with slash, there are other people in the band.

Also, MK sounds good, whish I could actually hear him a bit more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 07:11:32 AM »
This person has better quality vids:

Civil War - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baELa_DD59s

Myles sounds so amazing, I'm just running out of new ways to say the same thing.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »
That crowd won't let Myles tell his story at the beginning of Paradise City.  Cunce.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »
Wow. Myles sounds amazing (to be expected), particularly on CIVIL WAR (one of my all time favorite GnR cuts).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »
Slash definitely got the right person for his tour. Slash's solo album isn't half bad either. I'm diggin it.

The Alter Bridge UK date are out! Taken from the official website

New Alter Bridge October UK Tour Dates
Alter Bridge Set To Return To The UK
For Full October Tour

Third Album To Be Released Later This Year

London 12th April 2010 – Anthemic rockers Alter Bridge have today announced that they will be returning to the UK this October to tour the country once again in support of their forthcoming 3rd studio album (further details tba).

After a hugely successful UK tour in support of their stunning second album ‘Blackbird’ in November 2008, Alter Bridge – Myles Kennedy, Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall and Scott Philips have been busy. As well as writing a brand new album, they’ve also been pursuing individual projects – Myles has co-written and lent his incredible vocals to 2 tracks from the new album from ex-Guns N Roses Guitarist Slash, which has been met with huge acclaim from both fans and critics alike. Myles is also going to be joining Slash on tour as vocalist when the rock legend tours his new album this summer. Meanwhile, Tremonti, Marshall and Philips have reunited with ex band mate Scott Stapp to reform their previous band Creed and are touring the USA.

But with a brand new album to add to their spectacular arsenal, the band cannot wait to come back to the UK to wow fans up and down the country once again with their captivating blend of crowd pleasing, fist pumping anthems and raw, life affirming ballads. Speaking on the band’s October tour, Myles Kennedy had the following to say

“We can’t wait to get back and share the new songs with our friends in the UK. It’s going to be a great run!”

Make sure you get your ticket to what is guaranteed to be one of the best rock shows you will see in 2010.

OCTOBER 2010

Saturday 16   Glasgow Academy

Sunday 17   02 Academy Newcastle

Tuesday   19   Manchester Academy

Wednesday   20   Nottingham Rock City

Friday    22   Hammersmith HMV Apollo

Saturday   23   Southampton Guildhall

Monday   25   02 Academy Birmingham

Tuesday   26   Bristol Colston Hall

Tickets go onsale 9am on Friday 16th April priced at Ł17.50 adv reg/ Ł19.50 adv London (subject to booking fee) and are available from www.livenation.co.uk

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
Tell them to stop playing in Glasgow. It's too much of a hassle to go there.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
Looking forward to the U.S. dates.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
"We are proud to offer all of our die-hard fans on the internet the first shot at purchasing tickets to our upcoming show in Antwerp, Belgium on October 28th at Trix. This show will not even be announced to the general public until Monday 04/19 so take advantage of this secret pre-sale.

All you have to do is send an email to biebob@telenet.be with your request. You will then receive an email back with all the details including ticket pricing and pre-sale instructions.

Good luck and do not forget that all of our UK Tour tickets went on-sale today. Make sure to check back here on Monday as we will be announcing the first of our European dates. In addition to Belgium, we will announce dates on Monday from two other countries and there will be more in the future.

Keep Rocking,

Alter Bridge "

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
No doubt I'll have tickets the second they go on sale for U.S. dates.  Living in Florida means at least one show within driving distance, guaranteed.  It literally feels like forever since seeing them last.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2010, 01:31:40 PM »

We wanted to inform you that we are in New York City overseeing the final mixing of our third album. We are very pleased with what our friend, Brian Sperber, has come up with thus far and we are all working on the finishing touches. The mixing process will be finished in the next few days and then we will be able to live with the final mixes of all seventeen songs for a while. After that, we will decide what songs will make the album, title it and send it off to be mastered. Stay tuned here for the latest news on our forthcoming album. We can not wait to unleash it on the world later this year.

Please remember that tickets are now available for our 2010 tour of the UK and Europe. All of the tour dates and ticket info can be found in the Tour Section at alterbridge.com or on our Myspace page.

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Awesome!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »
Cranked the Blackbird album today. My fourth favorite album of all time.   :metal

Can't wait for AB III. Been watching various live DVDs of AB lately as well. Just an immensely talented band. My current favorite band.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Basekick

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »
Quote from: Mark Tremonti
“Been a long road mixing this AB record, finally decided Ted Jensen will do the mastering honors. 1st round sounds great! See you guys soon!”

So close...
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »
MAJOR NEWS!!!!

We are proud to announce that the entire recording process on our third album is completely finished. All of the seventeen songs we worked so hard on have been recorded, painstakingly mixed and we now hold the final mastered versions in our possession. These songs have turned out even better then we could have imagined and we are fiercely proud of the efforts of everyone involved that made our vision a reality.

We want all of our fans to know that we created these songs with no outside influence whatsoever, just like we did with the One Day Remains and Blackbird albums. And, like the Blackbird album, we financed our latest project with our own funds, without the support of our current record label. We want you to know that our artistic vision is never compromised and that the songs you will hear later this year are exactly what we have intended. We can not wait to unleash this new album on the world.

Our management team is working hard on some exciting business opportunities behind the scenes and as soon as they are finished we will be able to give you a clear date on when the album will be released and when the first single will be sent to radio and be available to purchase. We will also be able to give you news on when our long delayed Blu-Ray and Deluxe DVD (Alter Bridge - Live From Amsterdam) will be in stores world-wide. We will update you on all of this as soon as we hear some news.

In the meanwhile, all of us in the band must now decide on the name of the album, finalize the song names (not as easy as you would think) and lastly, and this will be hardest, decide how many and which tracks will make the album. Stay tuned here because as we fit the final pieces of the puzzle together, we will update you as it happens.

That is all the news for now and a big thanks to all you fans who have stuck with us from the start and a big welcome to all you new fans who are just discovering us. We always aim to top our last album and we firmly believe we have done that with this new collection of songs. We are looking forward to hearing what all you fans think so stay tuned and we will update you again as soon as we have some solid news to report.

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2010, 06:37:38 AM »
There is still no sign of the Amsterdam dvd here in Australia  :(
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
They have a DVD? I want to get it to really know them better. I love their sound.

Cannot wait for their new album.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »
Jamesman, they do, and it's so good! But their record label has been giving them a lot of grief on releasing the DVDs, and they have stocks of Deluxe editions and Blu-Rays they are trying to release to the world. Here's a preview they have on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5jKMjLDpWw

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2010, 04:14:00 AM »
Jamesman, they do, and it's so good! But their record label has been giving them a lot of grief on releasing the DVDs, and they have stocks of Deluxe editions and Blu-Rays they are trying to release to the world. Here's a preview they have on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5jKMjLDpWw

Not releasing this is just criminal.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2010, 12:13:26 AM »
Here's an amazing interview with Myles Kennedy about the new Alter Bridge album, his tour with Slash, and guitar equipment

https://www.musicradar.com/guitarist/myles-kennedy-alter-bridge-slash-interview-260683/3
I
t's been one hell of a ride for Myles Kennedy since the last Alter Bridge album, 2007's Blackbird. He's jammed with Led Zeppelin when it looked like they may be looking for another singer, recorded a solo album (due 2011) and now he's the singer with Slash's solo band. But he's also found time for his main passion – teaming up with Mark Tremonti again and write a third Alter Bridge record - working title AB III – and due ahead of their UK tour in October.

Here's the full transcript of our chat with Myles about his last couple of years and what we can expect from the next Alter Bridge album.

Have you completed mixing on the new Alter Bridge album?

Myles Kennedy: "We thought we'd completed it, I was in New York last week with the guys and we thought we had it pretty much wrapped up. Then we got it out of there, listened to it and spent some time then realised we wanted to change a few more things. We're definitely a bunch of perfectionists so we're just trying to get it right. It's almost done." [update: the album is now mixed and mastered]

Do you have a release date in mind yet?

"We're pushing for the third quarter – we definitely want to get it out before we tour over there in October."

You've mentioned previously that this is a darker album than the previous two, are you moving into a more progressive territory too?

"Darker from a lyrical standpoint most definitely. Musically, there are definitely moments that have that intensity and have that darkness to it. We try to balance that with the other side of the band, which is that uplifting anthemic vibe.

"Personally I don't think it's a good idea to alienate those fans that like either one side or the other. You want to try your best to make both parties happy. Lyrically it's pretty dark on a lot of the record – it's not like it's mopey, whinny music though. We definitely try to add a sense of dynamics."

Are the themes quite personal on this album for you?

"I guess it is a pretty personal record in some regard. For me personally, over the last few years a lot of things came up – things I started questioning. It deals with a lot of doubts. Doubts in life and all that comes along with it. If you make records personal in that way, it always seems to have a sort of cathartic quality… it's not necessarily the goal it just ends up happening. You work through some things."

Like a release?

"Yes, and it's great."

Have you got any song titles you can reveal to us yet?

"It's funny because a lot of the song titles are working titles so they're absolutely silly. But there's a song called Isolation that I'm sure will make the record and that's a real heavy track. Let's see… we have Show Me A Sign and Ghosts Of Days Gone By is another one that we seem to all really like."

Blackbird was such a landmark song for you – did that make you realise that people were keen to hear more expansive, epic structures from the band?

"It certainly did. That was a really special song, I'll never forget how it felt when we'd completed that. We tapped into something that doesn't come along on every record that's for sure. We were really happy that the people who support us really embraced it as well.

"Going into this record you can make the mistake of trying to top that – we've got to write another Blackbird, we have a song that's better. It would be like when Zeppelin had recorded Stairway To Heaven or Kashmir, asking what's going to be our Kashmir on this record? I don't think you can go at it that way because you'll just be destined for failure. So we just tried to do what we do and there are certainly songs that have an epic vibe.

"There's a song called Slip To The Void, which is fairly long and has more of an epic approach. And I guess for lack of a better term some people might throw the progressive tag on it. I don't know if it necessarily falls into that – a few people have brought that up who have heard it. I don't even know what progressive is anymore to be honest!"

It's a term that gets used a lot these days

"It really does – bands such as Yes used to fall into that category but now it's very different."

Can we expect more lead interplay between yourself and Mark on this album?

"Yes definitely – there's plenty more of that on this record. The interesting thing on the Blackbird album is I took a lot of the bluesier approach on a song such as Blackbird – more of the David Gilmour approach. Mark has his way of going about it. On this record because a lot of it is pretty intense, for me personally on the solos I ended up playing I got to dig way back… dare I use this word but more of the technical approach. Not necessarily shred but it didn't seem to work when I'd sit there and milk a note forever and think about with more of a bluesy way of thinking.

"I'm definitely doing things I haven't done in a long time as a guitar player. My leads aren't long and drawn out but they're definitely there. My job more than leads, in the context of this band, is adding the textures and the colours. I'm as influenced by the Edge as any other guitar player. I've always love the way he brings a sonic landscape into the mix.

So is Mark refining the metal/blues hybrid style that's become his trademark?

"Well I think Mark is playing the best he's ever played. Seeing him in the dressing room playing four or five hours every day before shows is paying off for him. Without a doubt I think these are his best leads.

"I think he's refined [that style]. That's the beauty of the way he plays – he's got a very signature sound. His vibrato is very unique, even though he always complains about his vibrato, I think it's one of his strengths – you know it's him.

"His arsenal, his theory knowledge has grown quite a bit even in the last three years, so he understands how to play over the changes. When a chord progression is being played under his solo he's landing on a chord note. Which I love, my favourite solos are always where [the player] touches on the chord tones. So he's definitely doing that on this record – not just staying in a certain scale or mode but touching on the changes."

You've both been busy with other records lately – Mark with Creed and yourself with Slash and recording a solo album of your own. Were the Alter Bridge album sessions quite high pressured as a result?

"Mark and I are always writing and stockpiling ideas, so when we got together in early January and started piecing the parts together it wasn't that we had a lack of ideas. Where it was different was as far as the arrangements went, we didn't have as much time as we did on Blackbird to sit there and over analyse everything. So the arrangement process was much more spontaneous and I think that in some respects that can bode well. Because the records that are spontaneous like that tend to sound fresh and you don't get bogged down with overthinking."

Did that come through when it came to dialling in the guitar tones – did it come together pretty quick?

"Really quick, and a lot of that is because of Michael Baskette, Elvis – the guy who produced this record and the last Alter Bridge album. He's fantastic at getting tones. I've worked with him now for ten years, back in the Mayfield Four [Myles' previous band – hear Mayfield Four here ] I saw that gift early on with him and he's just got a great instinct.

"The guitar tones for the most part on the entire record are pretty much what we use live. I used my PRS 245 straight into my Diezel Herbert and my Mesa/Boogie Mk IV and that was pretty much my sound. There were a few parts here and there that called for a Vox or something like that but for the most part that's what I used. And I believe with Mark it was the same thing. Whatever he uses live."

So no changes to your rigs?

"We kept it pretty much the same but I think Mark used a Two-Rock and that's a great sounding amp. It has such an incredible, big round sound. His lead tone sounds really good on this record."

Did you use the PRS McCarty that you nicknamed the Mule on this album?

"I did a little bit but the Mule's been acting up lately! I didn't know what's been going on. I beat it up really bad at a show a couple of years ago and my tech and I have noticed that ever since we did that it hasn't sounded the same. We beat it to death! But the 245 is the main one on this album – a sunburst with a really special sound to it."

What pickups do you have in it?

"I use a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in that one, it's just a great combination with the scale of that guitar and the mahogany body. It really works, sits nicely in the mix."

We heard that you're a fan of the David Grissom DGT PRS model too?

"I love that guitar – such a classy sounding guitar. I actually discovered it through Dave. We were playing at a PRS event [the annual PRS Experience] and when Dave got up and played I thought, damn that guy's tone is unbelievable. So I asked if I could pick the guitar up and he was really cool about it. It was actually the prototype, because this was a few years ago, and I loved the neck dimensions on it. Everything they did to it has made it a really great lead guitar – it sounds amazing."

Are the guitars exclusively PRS on this album for you both?

"Yes, I believe so, on the electric side. As far as acoustic goes I think we used Taylors."

Are you layering with acoustics or are there any wholly acoustic songs?

"There are a couple of songs that are basically acoustic-driven, I don't know if they'll make the record or not. It's not like we have a stripped down singer/songwriter arrangement on the record, it's all kind of tucked in there with the acoustics."

Mark's become a big fan of T-Rex pedals, have you introduced anything new to your board?

"Yes the guys at T-Rex were kind enough to send some pedals our way and I really like the Mudhoney [overdrive] a lot and that got used for a few of my leads. Other than that I'm just sticking with the tried and true. I've used Fulltone pedals for the last 12 years, I love them. There's a pedal they have called the Ultimate Octave and I've used that on pretty much every record I've played on. The Line 6 blue [MM4 modulation modelling pedal] and green pedal [DL4 delay] are such great workhorses too. I've only had to replace one in the last 10 years of using them, I really like those pedals."

What guitar players have been inspiring you lately?

"I'm always trying to discover new guys to see where people are taking the instrument. I'm a really big fan of Andy McKee – I think he's an amazing acoustic guitar player and he's taken the torch from where Michael Hedges left off. He's an amazing talent. I love Warren Haynes, I think he's brilliant… Derek Trucks too. He's from another planet!"

You've had a very interesting time in period you've been away from Alter Bridge, verging on surreal – you've performed alongside two of your guitar heroes, Jimmy Page and Slash…

"Yes – life has really turned out way different than I ever expected. When I was a kid and listening to Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses, if someone had told me that there would come a time and I would play some of those songs with those people I would never have believed it. Surreal is an understatement. I'm extremely lucky to have been able to play with those guys and learn from those guys. It's been something else man.

"I'm having a great time with Slash right now – he's a great guy and he's really playing better than ever. He's on fire right now."

It sounds like you're very comfortable singing the old Guns N' Roses songs with him. Axl Rose has a very unorthodox vocal style – is it a technical challenge for you?

"It's a challenge singing those songs and I really embrace that. First of all, I love those songs – they're classics and some of the greatest songs ever written. I really work hard to make sure I'm doing the best I can because I know people really want to hear them a certain way. I have respect for the legacy of those songs – I really try to get it right every night. It's a challenge."

And you're performing an Alter Bridge song with Slash too, Rise Today…

"Yes that's been fun. He's cool in that he asked, Do you want to do an Alter Bridge song? Absolutely! I thought that song would fit best. It's really cool hearing him play the solo, I really like it because he improvises and makes it up on the fly. It's really cool to hear him go off on it."

With all this going on, you're understandably holding off until next year to release your first solo album…

"It felt like if I went ahead and put it out this year it would be too much. Basically Slash called right when I was working on the solo record. He called just prior to when I was working on drums and I didn't have any idea where it would all end up as far as two songs on his record, and as far as touring. I wasn't sure what was going to happen as far as timing of putting out the third record. It's all worked out well in that both records are coming out this year but I thought if I put out a third, a solo record in one year people are going to get sick of me real quick."

This solo album will be a departure from hard rock though?

"Yes it is definitely different – more of a singer songwriter approach. It's very different, it's not going to be a hard rock record. I really enjoyed putting that record together – it was maybe the most difficult thing I've ever done in the sense that I didn't have a band.

I was sitting there with Logic and programming everything until I too it to the players. And that's a different way of arranging. It's nice to have people to bounce ideas off but I really wanted to challenge myself – what would happen if you made a record and everything came from your heart and your head?"

Alter Bridge are coming over here to the UK in October, will we be the first to hear the new songs or do you plan a couple of US shows to road test them?

"We don't have anything before we get over there in the middle of October."

The band's always had such a strong connection with the UK – do fans over here get what you're about more than anywhere else? Is there a stronger connection than anywhere else?

"Yes definitely – it's been that way since we first went there six years ago. It's funny because as an artist you play all these different places and you think, people are people so they're going to react in the same way you'd assume. We're all human beings.

But I think a lot of it has to do with what each culture has listened to throughout their lives – rock n' roll has been such a mainstay of the culture in the UK and you guys did it better initially. Even though a lot of the blues-based – the Delta and Chicago – music was what those bands in the 1960s were trying to emulate, it worked out extremely well.

It wrote the blueprint for rock and we're still following that today. People in the UK just get it, they always have and so we'll continue to go there."

Ghosts Of Days Gone By sounds like a potential album title to me. This is a great interview. A good read

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »
I saw this article about Creed and caught this passage!

https://www.billboard.com/news/creed-hits-the-studio-before-launching-summer-1004104898.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/creed-hits-the-studio-before-launching-summer-1004104898.story?tag=hpfeed

Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips, meanwhile, have finished work on the third album by their other band, Alter Bridge, which is due out in late September on Roadrunner, with a European tour starting Oct. 16 and North American dates with Godsmack slated to start in March.

:omg:

ZOMGPLEASESIGNWITHROADRUNNERRAWTYTFDSFUY

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2010, 03:00:58 AM »
ROADRUNNER? THAT MEANS

-They could do wider tours and even can come here to South America
-They could get more promoted
-And most of all, I COULD BUY THEIR DISCS! I can't find Blackbird or One Day Remains anywhere here.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2010, 05:08:42 AM »
Even though Roadrunner has a lot of crap bands, any band that does sign with them is a very good thing.  Can't wait for another disc from these guys, I wonder if I'll get the DVD first  ::)

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2010, 05:13:01 AM »
ROADRUNNER? THAT MEANS

-And most of all, I COULD BUY THEIR DISCS! I can't find Blackbird or One Day Remains anywhere here.

Same here, I never see their stuff in the regular record stores. I could buy them online, but I´m a lazy fart, plus I like to buy CD´s when I see them in the store.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2010, 05:22:55 AM »
ROADRUNNER? THAT MEANS

Same here, I never see their stuff in the regular record stores. I could buy them online, but I´m a lazy fart, plus I like to buy CD´s when I see them in the store.

Here in Brisbane Australia both their cd's are quite easy to find in store.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »
New blog

We wanted all of you to know that the four of us were together this past weekend (it has been far too long) for a photo-shoot we completed with the incredibly talented photographer, Ashley Maile. The shoot went off without a hitch and it was awesome to re-connect again as friends and to also hear how much fun Myles is having on the Slash Tour. While we are sad we may not see each other again until September, we are very excited for our pending new album release and our upcoming tour of Europe and the UK that begins in October.

We spoke about the album name, number of songs we should have on it and also what the final song names should be. We decided to hold off on a final decision until our management finishes the business side of things and we are cornered into doing so. By all indications, this should be happening fairly soon.

We know rumors are starting to fly but we assure you we will issue a press release here and to the world at large with a ton of exciting information once it is appropriate to do so.

So, stay tuned, and as soon as we have new news that is fit to print (with new photos!), we will let you know.

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Dammit. All i need is one song... just one song to hold me over till Sept or Oct or whenever this album is suppose to be released. Just one.

On the other hand, these new photos will do fine for now

Offline Accelerando

Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread (UPDATED WITH ALBUM TITLE AND TRACKS)
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »
UPDATE ON THE NEW ALBUM AND TRACKLISTING!!!!!!

The third Alter Bridge album will be called "AB III" according to the newest blog on MySpace. They've been updating the track lists all day. There's 14 tracks, 4 more to go!!!

We told you that we would give you information as soon as we get it and now we are making good on that pledge. We have decided to name our upcoming album AB III. It is simple yet effective, in our opinion.

We have also chosen which songs will be on the album and we think all of you fans will be very happy about what we chose. We will update this track listing throughout the day so stay tuned to this message for updates.

AB III (Album Title)

Track 1) Slip To The Void

Track 2) Isolation

Track 3) Ghost Of Days Gone By

Track 4) All Hope Is Gone

Track 5) Still Remains

Track 6) Make It Right

Track 7) Wonderful Life

Track 8) I Know It Hurts

Track 9) Show Me A Sign

Track 10) Fallout

Track 11) Breathe Again

Track 12)

Track 13)

Track 14)

Keep Rocking,

Alter Bridge

Read more: https://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=7326114&blogId=538048801#ixzz0w8z9Jdxb

Offline Accelerando

Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread (UPDATED WITH NEW ALBUM TITLE AND TRACKS)
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
Ok, official titles are in!

Track 1) Slip To The Void

Track 2) Isolation

Track 3) Ghost Of Days Gone By

Track 4) All Hope Is Gone

Track 5) Still Remains

Track 6) Make It Right

Track 7) Wonderful Life

Track 8 I Know It Hurts

Track 9) Show Me A Sign

Track 10) Fallout

Track 11) Breathe Again

Track 12) Coeur D’Alene

Track 13) Life Must Go On

Track 14) Words Darker Than Their Wings

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread (UPDATED WITH NEW ALBUM TITLE AND TRACKS)
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »
Can't wait for this CD.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC