Author Topic: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. PAWNS & KINGS  (Read 256554 times)

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 07:02:42 AM »
As much as I agree the Alter Bridge could and should be more popular, I can't say I really want them to be. I like being able to go see them live at smaller clubs instead of arenas.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 07:09:23 AM »
As much as I agree the Alter Bridge could and should be more popular, I can't say I really want them to be. I like being able to go see them live at smaller clubs instead of arenas.

+1

I believe they're doing it purely for the music and love of playing, not at all for success. The rest of the band has had their fair share of fame already!
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 06:02:44 PM »
thanks to reading this thread before I listened to both albums while playing online poker this afternoon. So much win :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 07:39:21 PM »
You're welcome! I love introducing this band to people.  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 08:15:24 PM »
oh, I've known about them for a couple of years now, but I just realized I hadn't listened to them much in a while
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »

TBH, after the horrible taste I had leftover from years of Creed fandom, I didn't give a crap about Alter Bridge until I saw your banner and realized if people who like DT like Alter Bridge, they must be doing something right.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »
Aren't Tremonti and Petrucci friends?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »
I don't know but I remember hearing tremonti reference petrucci's rock discipline in one of his guitar videos on youtube somewhere

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 07:16:59 AM »

TBH, after the horrible taste I had leftover from years of Creed fandom, I didn't give a crap about Alter Bridge until I saw your banner and realized if people who like DT like Alter Bridge, they must be doing something right.

I've been an Alter Bridge fan from day 1, no joke.  The day the "Open Your Eyes" video premiered online was the day my life changed.  Seeing the love that fans of a band that is as amazing as Dream Theater have for the band that my life revolves around is very rewarding.  I'm going through withdrawal, I need my live AB fix.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 12:16:48 PM »
I don't know but I remember hearing tremonti reference petrucci's rock discipline in one of his guitar videos on youtube somewhere

Yes, in Tremonti's instructional DVD, he talks about Petrucci's Rock Discipline release and how he (Tremonti) wanted to create his own instructional one one day. Mark Tremonti is a guitar player's guitar player. He's a gear head completely (and that is meant in a complimentary way).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »
"Finishing the last main guitars with Tremonti and Kennedy today! And starting vocals tonight with Myles!"
:metal :metal :metal

Mark Tremonti is a guitar player's guitar player. He's a gear head completely (and that is meant in a complimentary way).

You speaketh the truth.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 06:12:21 PM »
Just got done listening to Blackbird again for like the 5th time in a row.  This song is so freaking badass!  So much emotion!  I love this band.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »
Hello Alter Bridge Nation,

We wanted to let you know that our brother in music, Myles Kennedy, sings two amazing songs (titled Back To Cali and Starlight) on Slash’s new, self-titled album and it can now be pre-ordered on iTunes and Amazon.

Here is the link to pre-order on iTunes…

https://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/slash/id362046305

Here is a link to pre-order on Amazon…

https://www.amazon.com/Slash/dp/B0039OGGVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1268753435&sr=8-1

We would also like to remind you that Myles will be touring with Slash this summer while the rest of us are touring with Creed. We plan to re-unite as Alter Bridge in October and tour the world, starting in the UK, to support our upcoming album that we are recording right now. We have also been told that, on the Slash tour, Myles will be singing old GNR songs that Slash has not performed since that band broke up. We think that will be worth the price of admission alone. Along with Slash’s new material, we are also told Myles may sing an AB song and possibly debut a song or two from Myles’ own upcoming solo project.

Slash told The Pulse of Radio that he’s really pleased to have Myles Kennedy singing on the tour. “He was one of these sort of youngish rock singers that I wasn’t real familiar with, who is probably one of the best, you know, young new rock singers around,” he said. “There’s actually two songs on the record that he did, and he can basically perform any other songs on the record, plus he knows how to do all the Guns N’ Roses stuff. So it’s worked out nicely.”

So there you have it. Slash knows what we in AB have known for a while. Myles is simply one of the best, if not the best, rock singers around today. And this summer, Slash will also find out what an incredible musician he is as well. That tour will be a sight to behold.

And lastly, we are proud to announce that, last night, Myles finished recording the vocals on song #6 of 17, as the recording of our third album (ABIII) continues. We will update you again as news warrants.

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 12:24:45 AM »
 :metal awesome!

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2010, 04:38:40 AM »
Can't wait until October for their tour! And this is finally a band where I'm not the only one who likes them. I could bring my whole family if I want, everybody digs them.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »
Hoping AB plays my neck of the woods this time. Strangely, they've avoided Northern Cali on both records. I had to fly up to Spokane to see the gig. Which was fun, and Myles was having a great time since it was his hometown. But it was inconvenient to say the least.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2010, 10:47:59 PM »
So...

The Deluxe DVD and Blu-Ray version of Live From Amsterdam has been delayed yet again. It was suppose to be released today. This is the 5TH time that Universal Republic has delayed the release of the DVD/Blu-Ray. You can buy the standard version off of Amazon, but for die hard fans like me who want the Blu-Ray or the Deluxe DVD with the documentary, other behind the scenes footage, photos, etc., im getting really pissed off. Here's an up date from Mark Tremonti's brother, Michael:

Universal is still blocking the release. It will not be at any stores until the lawyers work this out so DO NOT go looking for it.
 Remember, Alter Bridge wants the DVD/Blu-Ray out, DC-3 is ready to ship and Universal is blocking the whole thing. Our management are still trying to work the situation out. The band and myself are pretty pissed at the label.

Brian Marshall tweeted this:
Ok. Fuck You Universal.

:metal

Offline Adami

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »
Why are they blocking it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
Why are they blocking it?

I have no clue. I wish they'd tell us a reason, even it was a bad reason, I still want to know.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 03:08:15 PM »
Update from Mark Tremonti!

Just finished tracking all guitars. Going to be the best AB album to date, dark and heavy. Hoping for September release! Lata..

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »

Just finished tracking all guitars. Going to be the best AB album to date, dark and heavy. Hoping for September release! Lata..

As if Blackbird wasn´t sick enough already.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
I agree with Brian Marshall.

Son of a bitch. Looks like AB III will be on yet another label. Three records, three different labels. Not good.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »
Hopefully they will change up their chorus rythms. There's only so many times you can do the exact same drum beat and very similar chord progression, and tremonti/phillps past that point on the first creed album.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »

Yes I believe so.

Tremonti gave Petrucci one of his signature PRS guitars, I asked him about it at a JP clinic back in '04.

Offline Basekick

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »

As if Blackbird wasn´t sick enough already.

You got that right.  One of my favorite albums of the decade.

Hopefully they will change up their chorus rythms. There's only so many times you can do the exact same drum beat and very similar chord progression, and tremonti/phillps past that point on the first creed album.

I'm completely with you here.  That was the only criticism I had of Blackbird.  I really hope they have some more unique choruses this time round.
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:35 PM »
Pretty much just watched a DVD called Alter Bridge Live in Amsterdam.  Is this the same DVD we're talking about here?  Most of it is on Youtube...

Offline Adami

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 11:02:53 PM »
Pretty much just watched a DVD called Alter Bridge Live in Amsterdam.  Is this the same DVD we're talking about here?  Most of it is on Youtube...

Yea it came out. But they want to release a Blu Ray version and a version with a bunch of backstage and bonus stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »

Yea it came out. But they want to release a Blu Ray version and a version with a bunch of backstage and bonus stuff.

Ah I see.  It was pretty dang ballsy.  Can't wait to see it in hi-def.  If that ever happens.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »
I don't have blu-ray, so I got the basic dvd months ago.  This dvd should be front and center in every music store in the country.  Ballsy isn't right.  More like fuck-you-in-the-face awesome! :metal

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
But why on earth are they playing every song faster than the album versions? They speed it up so much it's almost losing the groove that is typical for the song.

Offline Adami

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »
But why on earth are they playing every song faster than the album versions? They speed it up so much it's almost losing the groove that is typical for the song.

I didn't notice. But I only watched most of it once, however I did notice that with few exceptions MK kinda wimped out on the vocals, cutting notes short, letting the audience sing parts and just over all lacked the amazingness I expected, though he was good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »

That seems to be the one thing that true AB fans have with their live work.  Don't ask me why they do it, maybe they just ride the adrenaline.

I don't consider it Myles wimping out, it's just part of the show.  I kinda like hearing the crowd get into it, and I think the band likes it too.  Mark says at the end of Open Your Eyes, "We love when you sing along, Myles is gonna teach you this next part."  And immediately the crowd gets in on time without any cue from Myles.  That to me is what an Alter Bridge show is all about, truly connecting to the music.  Other than Myles warming up over the first few songs, I thought he sounded amazing, and even went the extra mile on some songs to really drive home the emotion.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »

This. A couple of songs got burnt in that fire. Especially from the first album. Blackbird was gorgeous live though, that's all that matters.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »

I didn't notice. But I only watched most of it once, however I did notice that with few exceptions MK kinda wimped out on the vocals, cutting notes short, letting the audience sing parts and just over all lacked the amazingness I expected, though he was good.

No, MK starts out shaky, but by about four songs in, he's fine. You could tell in the beginning he wasn't warm and wasn't going for the notes.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
Like I said, only watched it once, and mostly just the begining and then skipped to blackbird. I'll watch it again soon enough.
fanticide.bandcamp.com