Author Topic: BC&SL special edition Cover's appreciation  (Read 8366 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: BC&SL special edition Cover's appreciation
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »
I love the covers album. MP has shown a real good knack of picking songs to "Dream Theaterize". That said, I really don't understand Lark Toungues. It really doesn't do anything. My guess is that King Crimson has a lot more to offer.

To be fair, I always thought the KC original had something... more... that the DT cover doesn't offer. But I can't really place my finger on it.
Nah..the original doesn't have much either.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 02:44:01 PM »
I haven't listen the first version of To Tame a Land since it was released on the Maiden Heaven Tribute, so I maybe wrong. However, did anybody notice that they removed some of the vocal effects from JLB voice on the BC&SL version. It at least sounded much better when I first listened to the BC&SL version.

It would sound even better if they hadn't tuned it down. Don't tell me James can't pull that song off in the studio.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 08:18:54 AM »
I wish they had rerecorded James' vocals on TTAL during the BC&SL sessions. After the awesomeness that precedes it, the recording of his voice just doesn't stand up.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol