Author Topic: Dexter (TV Series)  (Read 69475 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Dexter (TV Series)
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23:09 PM »
"I don't know what hammer time is, or how it's different from regular time" :lol

Enjoying this season so far, and there were some great laughs during the premiere.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »
Enjoying this season so far, and there were some great boobs during the premiere.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2011, 04:17:06 AM »
Aaargh LaGuerta  :tdwn :tdwn

Can't she just be deported or something

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2011, 07:01:49 AM »
This past week's episode was good, but a step back from the premiere.

Wasn't it just last season that Deb was demoted for a public shootout and now that same thing is getting her promoted?! I mean, Mathews is probably doing it to get back at LaGuerta, but come on! It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd really like the show to spend more time with EDJ and Colin Hanks and less with Miami Metro, except for Masuka and Brea Grant.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2011, 09:39:17 AM »
This past week's episode was good, but a step back from the premiere.

Wasn't it just last season that Deb was demoted for a public shootout and now that same thing is getting her promoted?! I mean, Mathews is probably doing it to get back at LaGuerta, but come on! It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yeah, but the shootouts were under completely different circumstances, and most importantly no one died (well, besides the guys he killed before she took him down) in this one.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2011, 09:52:32 AM »
I know, but it was still like a WTF moment for me.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
Enjoying this season so far, and there were some great boobs during the premiere.
I'm kind of hoping the intern gets nude this season. Am I wrong for saying that?
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »
No sir you are not.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2011, 10:32:19 PM »

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2011, 11:33:41 PM »
I'm kind of hoping the intern gets nude this season. Am I wrong for saying that?

Only insomuch as saying that you "kind of hope" doesn't convey how much you should be hoping she gets nude
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #185 on: October 13, 2011, 05:25:57 AM »
I'm sure she will. It seems any attractive bit-part chick in this show is only there to gets her knockers out.

Not sure about this season so far, the whole thing with Deb getting promoted is a bit ridiculous, and not a lot happened in the last episode.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »
I don't think Deb being promoted is ridiculous.  Matthews is coming at this from two angles:  He has a grudge against LaGuerta and he sees Deb as a new poster child for the department.  That said, I think her being lieutenant is not going to go so well.  My money is more drama between Matthews and LaGuerta coupled with Deb's struggle with her new responsibilities that will lead to her stepping down/getting axed, and Angel moving up.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2011, 11:21:52 PM »
Thank you, writers, I was starting to think that EDJ's character was Tyler Durden.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
Did anyone else think it was totally uncharacteristic of Dexter to go after Travis with the intent to kill so quickly?  I thought it was in his code to make sure he had more actual evidence than a few loose connections.  (Not to mention he was already suspecting multiple killers)  It's just been kind of bothering me for some reason.

Also, NOOOO Brother Sam.  First supporting character I've really liked in this show for a long time and they just have him shot.   :angry:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »
Thank you, writers, I was starting to think that EDJ's character was Tyler Durden.
Actually I take this back, EDJ is looking more and more as a figment of Travis' imagination.

@CC: It was a bit uncharacteristic of him to do that, but so was when he killed that guy in the swamps last year (where Harry said "that's the most human thing you've ever done"). That whole sequence to me was just badly written. What? Dexter expects Travis to just drive him to Gellar right after he basically told him he was gonna kill Gellar?

Also, I hate that they shot Brother Sam because now this next episode is gonna be wasted on Dexter finding who did it and the major plot gets stalled and elongated.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
Actually I take this back, EDJ is looking more and more as a figment of Travis' imagination.

@CC: It was a bit uncharacteristic of him to do that, but so was when he killed that guy in the swamps last year (where Harry said "that's the most human thing you've ever done"). That whole sequence to me was just badly written. What? Dexter expects Travis to just drive him to Gellar right after he basically told him he was gonna kill Gellar?

Also, I hate that they shot Brother Sam because now this next episode is gonna be wasted on Dexter finding who did it and the major plot gets stalled and elongated.
It throws some twists into the story which is awesome, btw. This season has been really good so far and I'm really excited to see where it takes the characters.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2011, 03:00:25 PM »
It's not that I mind, I like the Brother Sam character, but I just wanna know if my theory on Gellar is right.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »
Well, if you noticed at the restaurant with the waitress, she doesn't even acknowledge Gellar's presence and he doesn't even have anything to drink. I agree with D on this, I want to see if Gellar is just in Travis' head
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »
Yep, seems we have a Fight Club-esque thing going on here. 

Everything seems to point in the direction of the Geller who is talking to Travis being a figment of his imagination.  (In a similar way to how Dexter communicates with Harry in his head)  Mostly the fact that we've never actually seen Geller do any of the killing himself, and how he's able to walk through a public place with his face all over the city and not receive any notice for it, and how his blogs apparently ended and he disappeared. 

Also, (and I'm going to take this theory a bit further) perhaps Travis killed Geller.  I started thinking this with the part where blood appeared on Geller's forehead... maybe a possible recollection of an actual event seeping into Travis's consciousness.  Geller apparently had a thing for brunettes, maybe Travis killed him out of rage for messing around with his sister (who Geller seemed to not want Travis to see) and got severely fucked up from it and has been having delusions of his teacher ever since. 

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
I feel the idea that Travis killed Gellar is much more realistic than the idea that Gellar is just a figment of his imagination. All the guys in homicide are looking for Professor Gellar, a real person. Personally I think both theories are looking too far into things, and both guys are real and alive.

The scene a couple of episodes ago where Dexter was praying to the coffee machine was pretty awkward in my opinion. If Dexter starts believing in God by the end of this season I am done with this show. The reason I fell so in love with Dexter in the first place was that his character was so different to everything else on television, so cold and ruthless yet very believable, and whilst I appreciate the need for him to become more 'human' with each passing season I feel like the writers are turning him from an anti-hero into just a plain old good-guy in order that a wider audience can resonate with him.

imo, of course.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
Hmm. I can see both sides. Do you remember that Gellar tied up the waitress girl before Travis woke up though, and she seemed to be aware of Gellar there.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
Hmm. I can see both sides. Do you remember that Gellar tied up the waitress girl before Travis woke up though, and she seemed to be aware of Gellar there.
No she wasn't. Look at that scene again, she never even looks at Gellar's direction!

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
The scene a couple of episodes ago where Dexter was praying to the coffee machine was pretty awkward in my opinion. If Dexter starts believing in God by the end of this season I am done with this show. The reason I fell so in love with Dexter in the first place was that his character was so different to everything else on television, so cold and ruthless yet very believable, and whilst I appreciate the need for him to become more 'human' with each passing season I feel like the writers are turning him from an anti-hero into just a plain old good-guy in order that a wider audience can resonate with him.
Thisthisthis.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2011, 04:00:08 PM »
Yeah, I only ever saw her focus on Travis. And the fact that he was outside the nightclub and no one ever paid attention to him. Surely someone would have recognized him. I think scenes like that are here for a reason
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »
Ooooooooh plot twist coming up, Geller not being real. Can't wait :caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine::caffeine:

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »
Also, I really don't like Batista's sister
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »
Yeah, I only ever saw her focus on Travis. And the fact that he was outside the nightclub and no one ever paid attention to him. Surely someone would have recognized him. I think scenes like that are here for a reason
Yeah, there's too much clues that make him not real. There's no plate setting while they were in the restaurant, the waitress doesn't even acknowledge another person, she doesn't look at him when she's tied up, no one recognizes him at the night club, the way he kinda "push" Travis' knee to get the "whore of Babylon". Oh, there's also the FUCKING WHITE HOT IRON ROD HE PUT TO HIS ARM AND HE DIDN'T EVEN SQUINT!

Though this could all be misdirection and the writers WANTS us to think he isn't real. I mean Travis says that Gellar is the one doing the killings and Dexter made a point that the cuts done to the 4 Horsemen guy were rough, not what they should be given Travis' job, yet if we go by Fight Club's "rules" of split personality, he wouldn't even realize that he is the one doing the killings.

Also, anyone else thinks it's inevitable for Deb to fuck the new detective?

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
The neat cuts on the body from the Horsemen and Travis' neat personality
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2011, 04:11:42 PM »
The neat cuts on the body from the Horsemen and Travis' neat personality
Was it "neat"? I could've sworn Dexter says something on this last episode about some of the murders and Travis not quite adding up.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »
I'll have to go back and see. I thought at the autopsy, he said the cuts were neat
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2011, 06:49:55 PM »
Yeah, thinking about that, it seems a little less likely.  Dexter did draw the conclusion that there were two separate killers from the cutting style, and he is very rarely wrong about these things. 

Possibly (though this sounds a little far-fetched) Travis really does get fully into this Geller persona, so much that it alters his performance.  Or we have another assistant.  (I'm suspecting Geller's hot student is going to be involved somehow)

Hmmm.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:56 PM »
Oh, that could be true as well.

What do you guys think will become of Deb and Quinn by the end of the season?
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2011, 03:22:40 AM »
DAT ENDING!!!!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2011, 07:21:41 AM »
Took a picture of this at work yesterday.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
DAT ENDING!!!!
NEED NEXT EPISODE NOW!

AHHHHH

What the hell is that running in circles emotion? Because that is needed now.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies