Author Topic: Dexter (TV Series)  (Read 69891 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: Dexter (TV Series)
« Reply #385 on: December 01, 2012, 12:47:28 AM »
Supposedly, yeah. After reading what the finale's about, I have a pretty good idea how the series will go in the last season. However, I've read that Showtime wants 2 more seasons but the writers don't want to
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #386 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »
Supposedly, yeah. After reading what the finale's about, I have a pretty good idea how the series will go in the last season. However, I've read that Showtime wants 2 more seasons but the writers don't want to

Well then I hope there aren't any then.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #387 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
Tonight's episode was pretty cool. Very excited to see where the last two episodes of this season go.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Online Adami

« Reply #388 on: December 02, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »
Tonight's episode was pretty cool. Very excited to see where the last two episodes of this season go.

I think it's getting a bit weird. He didn't kill the arson guy, because he realizes that he doesn't have to kill (despite the guy now being able to identify him) but then he decides to kill Ellsworth because the guy was a bad dad?

It sounds like Dex is just going to embrace being a random murderer at this point, not a fan of that idea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
At least we're past that "Dark Passenger" crap now, though.

Online Adami

« Reply #390 on: December 03, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
At least we're past that "Dark Passenger" crap now, though.

Yea, but we also are past the code, which was what made Dex different than all the other people he killed. Now he's just a killer.

And I dunno, that seems pretty lame to me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline 5

• Serial thread killer
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #391 on: December 04, 2012, 03:08:40 AM »
Ending the Ukrainian mob plot really killed the season IMO. There's almost nothing interesting left at this point.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #392 on: December 04, 2012, 07:04:25 AM »
Yeah I think this show has really gone down hill lately, the writing is inconsistent and the show is generally less interesting than it was before. It really seems like they're doing everything they possibly can to drag the series out as long as possible.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #393 on: December 04, 2012, 09:37:44 AM »
I don't know, I enjoyed it. Dexter's character is still developing where in Sunday's episode, he finally realizes there is no Dark Passenger and he is responsible. In an interview with the show-runner, he said Sunday's episode was the catapult that is going to eventually bring us to the end. I'm excited to see what happens next weekend.

And to see what the casting call for Harrison aged 17 brings us and to see Older Dexter
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »
The last 10 minutes were great. The rest of the episode was cool. The moment Dexter realized he'd been set-up. That was intense too.

Can't wait for the finale
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #395 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »
Yea, the final should be really cool, especially since there is really no indication as to what could happen. And that's the opposite of the previous seasons.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #396 on: December 10, 2012, 10:56:05 AM »
The last 10 minutes were great. The rest of the episode was cool. The moment Dexter realized he'd been set-up. That was intense too.

Can't wait for the finale

Totally agree with that... the end of the episode was really exciting. Looks like we're in for a great finale.  :tup

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #397 on: December 10, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »
Last night's episode was probably my favorite yet of this season. Very tricky move by Laguerta, and I'm surprised I didn't see it coming. Also, I've got a strong feeling that Deb knocked herself out in order to set Hannah up. Anyways, the finale should be great!
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #398 on: December 10, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »
Last night's episode was probably my favorite yet of this season. Very tricky move by Laguerta, and I'm surprised I didn't see it coming. Also, I've got a strong feeling that Deb knocked herself out in order to set Hannah up. Anyways, the finale should be great!
I agree 100%. I was extremely surprised to see LaGuerta attempt to set up Dexter.

Online Adami

« Reply #399 on: December 10, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »
Yea, I thought the ending was great. Although I don't like that Dex is acting so stupid recently.

Not the set up, no one could have seen that one coming.

But Deb? Pretty obvious she poisoned herself.

And Tits McGee? How could he set her up when she knows EVERYTHING? Just a bad move on his part.

I also have no idea why dex is so terrified of prison, I mean like he is MORTIFIED of prison. I have a feeling he'd be able to handle himself just fine there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2012, 02:06:50 AM »
Great episode.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #401 on: December 11, 2012, 06:47:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to next week's finale. Really surprised though that he just had Hannah arrested, given all she knows. I honestly hadn't thought of Deb intentionally overdosing herself, but I really like that idea.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »
Also, I've got a strong feeling that Deb knocked herself out in order to set Hannah up.

Definitely possible... a friend of mine mentioned the same idea to me. It makes perfect sense.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #403 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
Maybe... What I think that Dexter will come to the same conclusion, and somehow get her released because he loves (?) her. But then it will turn out that she really did "poison" Deb and Dexter will kill her. Or something completely different of course.

Online Adami

« Reply #404 on: December 12, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »
But Dex can't just get Hannah out. She didn't go in for poisoning Deb, she went in for killing that writer guy. Dex can't just pull her out, he's just a splatter analyst.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #405 on: December 12, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »
I know. But the pen is the only evidence. It may get lost or something.

Online Adami

« Reply #406 on: December 12, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
I know. But the pen is the only evidence. It may get lost or something.

Eh, I doubt Dex is going to do that. I mean, he's been an idiot lately, but I doubt he'll become THAT stupid.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #407 on: December 12, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
Maybe. The whole thing just screams major plot twist to me.. We've started out thinking Hannah did it, now we suspect Deb did it herself which we will be lead to believe throughout the episode. Only to make it clear that it was Hannah after all.

Anyway that's just my suspicion. I'm always wrong. :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #408 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »
Maybe. The whole thing just screams major plot twist to me.. We've started out thinking Hannah did it, now we suspect Deb did it herself which we will be lead to believe throughout the episode. Only to make it clear that it was Hannah after all.

I dunno, I thought Deb did it from the beginning.

Hell, I thought Deb did it since before the show ever started and Michael C. Hall was still doing Six Feet Under.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #409 on: December 12, 2012, 07:14:40 PM »
Yeah, I knew when she said, "I don't make mistakes" that it wasn't Hannah. Still, SPOILERS...   Isn't she cast for the last season? I would have normally expected her to die in this next episode a la pyromaniac chick, but this changes things

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
So I hadn't watched since episode 7, I caught up with the rest of you now. Surprise that Isaac was killed, he had become the most interesting part of the season and his interactions with Dexter since the gay bar were really really good!

Deb probably did poison herself and to Adami's point, yes Hannah knows everything, but so does Deb and Deb doesn't have the social stigma Hannah does so that may work against her. Plus, Deb is the Lt. of homicide.

Can Quinn go and die already?! I never liked his character but God does he get stupider and stupider with each season.

I don't like that Dexter realized there was no "Dark Passenger", means that he doesn't have to adhere to Harry's code which makes him just another killer which will mean his downfall.

LaGuerta's investigation, while right, became an obsession and something that (from Matthews POV or anyone else not named Dexter or Deb) makes no fucking sense so I enjoyed Matthews being the way he was with her. Also, I don't know how that will be handled but I'm intrigued, if Dex does kill her that will probably re-open the BHB case and Deb would have to go hunting for Dex which would be a pretty nice plot for the last season.

Jennifer Carpenter, I hope you get some award recognition because you have deserved it this year.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
regarding Quinn, are they trying to see how high they can get his hair this season?  I swear each episode his hair is sticking up taller than the one before.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »
Oh, and something I forgot: Jaime should push for custody of Harrison! She's basically raising him!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:39:33 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
That was a great finale. I'm glad that one particular character is finally dead! YAY!

I can not wait for the eighth season!

Online Adami

« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »
That was a great finale. I'm glad that one particular character is finally dead! YAY!

I liked it a lot too.

Although I'm very curious how they'll cover up that particular characters death.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »

I liked it a lot too.

Although I'm very curious how they'll cover up that particular characters death.
Me, too. Its the same questions I was asking myself after the season 6 finale.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2012, 12:14:18 AM »
The only thing that scares me about that finale was... we now could get a Deb/Dex relationship. Fuck! Loved all the flashbacks with Doakes!

And again, Jennifer Carpenter deserves some award recognition this year.

Interesting to note that now both Deb and Dexter have traumatic experiences involving shipping containers.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
Wow, crazy ending.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »
Just saw the episode. Needless to say, this season has been miles ahead of the last couple, and it ended very well. Those last 5 minutes really were quite intense. I loved the Doakes flashbacks as they did a great job of setting the tone for this particular episode. I was also glad to see Hannah get away and I'm interested to see what kind of role she plays in the final season. Finally, I really feel bad for Deb. There's no turning back now, and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »
Great finale, and even though Dexter kills La Guerta in the books, having Deb pull the trigger was very fitting given her character this past season.  This season has been almost as much about Deb as Dexter, and they pulled it off very well.

Overall, much better season than I expected given the dip over the past couple years.

Interesting tidbit:  The final scene was done the moment Deb pulled the trigger.  They kept the cameras going as Deb (unscripted) ran over to La Guerta.