Author Topic: Dexter (TV Series)  (Read 70141 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Dexter (TV Series)
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »
My views on Mike: once I saw him appearing on season 5 of SoA, I knew he was done in Dexter.

Alright episode, I guess. I worry for the Russian story, though, and I don't know where they're going with the Lois (or whatever his name is) thing. To me the whole season will hinge on Deb's and Dexter's interactions though.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
The problem with Deb finding out he was a serial killer is a serious short term problem for him. It will probably dominate the next few episodes as the primary issue, at least until the Russian story arc takes over (I think it will be this season's major problem). The thing that has me scratching my head is what they're to do with Masuka's former lab intern. He is really setting a big conflict up with Dexter. I have a feeling this will carry into the final season for some reason.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »
The problem with Deb finding out he was a serial killer is a serious short term problem for him.
...no. This is the writers setting up the endgame for the series.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2012, 02:36:43 PM »
The problem with Deb finding out he was a serial killer is a serious short term problem for him.
...no. This is the writers setting up the endgame for the series.
In the last two minutes of the show, Dexter showed up to his apartment late, which was torn apart by Deb. His kill tools were sitting on the table and she asked him if he killed those people and he said "Yes." That seemed pretty clear cut to me.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2012, 03:01:03 PM »
Yes, I say no to this being a "short term problem".

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
Yes, I say no to this being a "short term problem".
Well, I misunderstood your point, so my bad. Although, I do think it will be a short term problem as well. Dexter has to worry about Deb breaking down and turning him in or doing something that could affect his freedom. So, it is also a short term problem because its possible Deb could have a breakdown at any time.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2012, 06:54:07 PM »
Just watched the episode...

Don't have much to add that wasn't already said. I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. Hopefully this season is a big step up in quality from the last couple. However, I do worry about the Ukranian Mobster plot. Anyways, it's about time she found out.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #322 on: October 08, 2012, 12:00:07 PM »
Another pretty good episode. I really hate Louis though, but the story arc could be pretty entertaining. I also had a confidence boost in the Russian story arc--it could be pretty good. Looks like Quinn is gonna get screwed again
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #323 on: October 08, 2012, 01:10:11 PM »
Yea, everything is looking up so far in this season. I'm really, really, really interested in the Louis arc that they have going on.

Offline LyterTheDestroyer

• I don't know about this.
  • I don't like this.
« Reply #324 on: October 08, 2012, 11:55:20 PM »
I really don't like Louis.

That's all I have to say about this season so far.
I don't need one.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #325 on: October 09, 2012, 01:32:02 PM »
Deb and Dex living together creates one major logic chasm... who's caring for Harrison? Is Jaime his "parent" now? That part made no sense.

And, of course, Dex would have a change of heart when it came time to kill Louis. Way to drag that thing out.

It seems to me that there's a lot more subplots going on this year than usual. Oh, and I laughed when LaGuerta try to "measure" if the slide found at Travis' death were the same size from the BHB ones... isn't that size standard?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:19:34 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »
Deb and Dex living together creates one major logic chasm... who's caring for Aaron Harrison? Is Jaime his "parent" now? That part made no sense.

FTFY.  I thought the same thing.  Maybe they'll explain it more next episode, but Harrison was never a huge part of Dex's life anyway, which didn't make much sense either.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #327 on: October 09, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »
Just watched it. I was thinking the same thing ^^ about Harrison. I'm afraid that is just something we are going to have to accept, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Anyways... I enjoyed this episode about the same as the first, maybe more. Looking towards the end of the show, I can't see how Dexter is not going to die. After everything he has done, and we've seen him do, it would be such a cop-out for him to just be 'rehabilitated', and prison wouldn't be fitting either.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2012, 02:56:26 AM »
Loving this season, just saw Episode 3 for once Australia is only a couple of days behing in the U.S. programming.
From the conversation above it appears everyone has only seen a couple of episodes so I won't reveal any spoilers.
But the thing I like about this season is for once we are seeing multiple characters starting to piece together facts that could spell the end for Dexter.
Louis, The Russians, Deb's boss is it Maria ....... not sure how to spell the bitches surname...she was the nurse in Oz  :smiley:
I agree Dexter seems to be more concerned with his dark passenger than he is for Harrison, but after Ep 3 that may change again.
Quinn who in the past was quite suspicious of Dexter has now been relegated to an almost minor character, he would be lucky to have a page of dialogue per episode.
I don't now what will happen but I love the scenes with Dexter's dad so I hope that continues, but even that doesn't seem to be every episode anymore.....
I almost wouldn't mind Deb. dying but ultimately it would be great if Dexter can make Maria look guilty that would be the best thing......
I am looking forward to every episode which is a change from some of the previous seasons....let's hope the writing keeps getting better and better! :corn

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
The whole strobe light maze sequence was absolutely intense. It was a great episode indeed and I am so happy that Louis is gone, he was annoying, but his blood on the boat may come back to haunt Dexter.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »
The whole strobe light maze sequence was absolutely intense.

I didn't like it. Plagued by too many cliches: 1) weapon knocked out of reach, 2) bad guy lingers over helpless victim so long that he loses his chance to kill them 3) hero appears at last second to save victim (which always goes along with #2), and 4) leaving an unconscious serial killer unattended, allowing him to escape (this one especially was absolutely ridiculous). 

Otherwise, it was a solid episode.  I was actually sad to see Louis go so early because I wanted to see how far things would escalate between him and Dexter.

• I don't like this.
« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
I love Masuka, he's awesome.  :metal
I don't need one.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:56 PM »
Seriously, the whole Louis storyline completely shit the bed in the last two episodes. He started out as this interesting wildcard who's motivations were unclear and who clearly had knowledge and plans about/for Dexter. Instead, he turns out to be a petty sniveling moron who dies while trying to sink a 14' boat with a power drill by drilling through the deck  :facepalm:
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »
I think it was clear the writers didn't have any idea of where to go with Louis so they just decided the make the big bad of the season kill him.

Also, it's pretty obvious the Louis blood splatter on the boat will come back to haunt Dex.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #334 on: October 15, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
Yea, but I'm glad he's gone right now. It's adds another twist to the Russian Story Arc, which is looking pretty good right now.

Also, it's pretty obvious the Louis blood splatter on the boat will come back to haunt Dex.
Do you think Deb will think Dexter killed Louis at some point?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #335 on: October 15, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
Probably, or maybe LaGuerta with her little investigation into the BHB.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #336 on: October 15, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
Probably, or maybe LaGuerta with her little investigation into the BHB.
That's a great point. I almost completely forgot about her investigation.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #337 on: October 15, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
Don't worry, everyone forgets about everything every character not named Dexter or Debra does.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #338 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »
It's been so long since I watched season 2.  Does LaGuerta suspect Dexter at this point?  I can't remember is Doakes confided his suspicions about Dexter to her.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #339 on: October 15, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »
Not that I can remember.

• I don't like this.
« Reply #340 on: October 15, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
The whole strobe light maze sequence was absolutely intense. It was a great episode indeed and I am so happy that Louis is gone, he was annoying, but his blood on the boat may come back to haunt Dexter.

I agree tenfold! I fucking love this show.
I don't need one.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #341 on: October 16, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »
It's been so long since I watched season 2.  Does LaGuerta suspect Dexter at this point?  I can't remember is Doakes confided his suspicions about Dexter to her.
Possibly. Quinn also did. She has to make the connection sooner or later.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #342 on: October 16, 2012, 10:32:24 AM »
Well, LaGuerta did die in the books, so maybe she'll die this season. Who knows. I can say that I already like this season way better than 6...

...and I liked 6
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #343 on: October 16, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
Possibly. Quinn also did. She has to make the connection sooner or later.
It's funny how when Quinn was first brought he was continuing Doakes' character somewhat, but has since been relegated to "meh".

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2012, 02:07:44 AM »
What do you mean? He started leaving Dexter alone for Deb, and he may have forgotten about it now. I don't know. Perhaps it'll be triggered very easily again.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »
It's more of a critique how everyone else on the show is just bumbling and fumbling through the season with nothing interesting to do.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #346 on: November 05, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
I wasn't expecting them to bring up Season 5 again, seeing as it wasn't received too well. And after boning Hannah, I hope this season doesn't take a season 2,3, and 5 twist and get lame, I don't think it will.

I've also been reading that Showtime wants a season 9, but the writers are saying no
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
That's interesting, very interesting.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #348 on: November 05, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »
Latest episode was very uneventful compared to the rest of the season.  Not great, but not bad, although the last scene made me facepalm. 

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #349 on: November 05, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
Same here, it was really a  :facepalm: moment

I just don't get it. Haven't the writers learned that when they do that stuff, it usually never turns out that great. Unless this does serve as some sort of great plot set-up, cause remember folks, after that episode, we're at the halfway point for the season.

Also, another rumor that I've been hearing is that season 8 starts filming in February which is really early for them, there have been some hints at a season 8 longer than 12 episodes
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen