Author Topic: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory *UPDATED 8/8/11*  (Read 29050 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:43 PM »
You approach the two rooms to the southeast.  As you do, you notice that the southernmost room is boarded up.  From inside, you hear what sounds like several inhuman voices screaming constantly.  You open the nothernmost door.  It is a storage closet.  Propped up in one corner are a bunch of boards, probably the ones that formerly boarded up Surgery Room B, and a crowbar.  On a shelf, you find some alcohol and bandages.  You take them and close the door.

Do you:

A)  Go back to the waiting room
B)  Go back into the file room
C)  Go back into the southernmost office
D)  Go back into the northernmost office
E)  Go back into Surgery Room A
F)  Go back into Surgery Room B
G)  Go back into the men's room
H)  Go into the women's room
I)  Go back into the northernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)
J)  Go into the southernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
You go back for the crowbar and then try the women's room door.  It is locked.  (and, no, you can't use the crowbar on it) 

And...I'm too tired at the moment to think up a clever way to incorporate DT lyrics.  You'll have to wait until next post.

Do you:

A)  Go back to the waiting room
B)  Go back into the file room
C)  Go back into the southernmost office
D)  Go back into the northernmost office
E)  Go back into Surgery Room A
F)  Go back into Surgery Room B
G)  Go back into the men's room
H)  Go into the women's room
I)  Go back into the northernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)
J)  Go into the southernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »
You go into the file room.  There is noting interesting to see here, but you take a moment to catch your breath and reflect on your past life.  You wish there was some way out of here--some way you could just run to the hills.  If you could at least have reinforcements, as you cannot fight this battle alone.  Maybe tomorrow you'll be saved.  Either way, resolve that you won't be a prisoner.  With your newfound courage, you decide to push on.

Do you:

A)  Go back into the hallway
B)  Go into the reception area

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar

Offline bosk1

  • Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 2070
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »
B

...and :lol  Are the Maiden references in honor of today's announcement?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
I said the crowbar would not work on the locked women's room door.  It may work other places.  Whether it is a good idea to try using it other places is an entirely different matter.

You enter the reception area.  There is a long desk/counter area that runs the length of the wall separating the reception area from the waiting room you came through when you first exited the elevator bay on this floor.  There is a computer sitting on the countertop at the end toward you.  Toward the other end, underneat the countertop are some drawers.  There are a couple of chairs.  As you enter the room, the computer begins to hum and whirr, and the monitor comes to life, giving off a pale glow.  You somehow feel drawn to the beckoning light. 

Do you:

A)  Sit down and try using the computer
B)  Attack the computer
C)  Explore the room
D)  Leave

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »
You sit down in front of the computer.  The screen is blank other than a flashing cursor.  Suddenly, you see the word "Kevin?"  On screen.

"Yes," you type.

"Good, so you did get in after all.  I was afraid you would get killed out in the city and I would have to start over.  I cannot say much.  This is an unsecured line.  And if they find out I am helping you... 
The Silent Man is locked in the penthouse.  Go there and kill him.  Do not let him talk to you.  He probably will not try.  But his words hold power.  Kill him as quickly as possible.  It is the only way.  Stay away from the guards.  They are too strong for you.  But you can find guns behind--"

The screen goes dark.  You try hitting more keys, but nothing happens.

Do you:

A)  Attack the computer
B)  Explore the room
C)  Leave

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
You search the rest of the reception room.  In one of the drawers, you find a ring with a key on it, which you take.  There are also some strange pictures, including one of an angel in a pool.  You walk back into the hallway. 

Do you:

A)  Go to the waiting room
B)  Go into the file room
C)  Go into the southernmost office
D)  Go into the northernmost office
E)  Go into Surgery Room A
F)  Go into Surgery Room B
G)  Go into the men's room
H)  Go into the women's room
I)  Go into the northernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)
J)  Go into the southernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Key

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »
You insert the key into the women's restroom door, and turn it.  The door unlocks, but the key breaks off in the lock.  You enter, and look around.  It seems as though you are alone.  You stop for a moment in front of the mirror.  "Hello, mirror."  You mind begins to drift off and recall recent events.  You remember the studio where this all began.  You notice that you are holding the envelope in your hand as you think about the studio.  Your reflection in the mirror begins to blur.  You could almost swear you faintly see what looks like a room in the movie studio begin to merge with the reflection of the women's room.  Just then, something in the reflection of the stall behind you catches you eye, and the reflection snaps back to its crystal clear image.  Through the partially-opened stall door, you see what appear to be words written in lipstick on the wall inside the stall.  You push open the doors and begin to read:

"I hope someone finds this.  I tried to get away, but this is the only place I could run to.  Don't let them cut you down to size too.  Remember what the lion did to the spider, my pretty.  I think that's your only hope."

"Good advice.  But a bit too late," you say to yourself.  You go back out into the hallway.

Do you:

A)  Go to the waiting room
B)  Go into the file room
C)  Go into the southernmost office
D)  Go into the northernmost office
E)  Go into Surgery Room A
F)  Go into Surgery Room B
G)  Go into the men's room
H)  Go into the women's room
I)  Go into the northernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)
J)  Go into the southernmost unmarked room (southeast corner)

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar

Offline black_floyd

  • 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 13359
  • Gender: Male
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
Apply alcohol and bandages to all of your wounds.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »
Okay, well since A is the only actual choice...   :lol

You go back out into the waiting room.  You hear a click as the door closes behind you.  Although you don't really see any reason to go back, the fact that you are now locked out annoys you, so you try forcing with all of your will, but still the door doesn't open.  "Well, I guess that's that," you say to yourself as you go back into the elevator bay and into the open doors of the elevator.

The hand is still on the floor.  Interestingly, the floor around the hand has turned a sickly green color.  Otherwise, the elevator is unchanged:  there is nothing but a card scanner and the following buttons: 
L
17
18
22
P
Door Open
Door Close
Hold

Do you:

A)  Press "L"
D)  Press "17"
E)  Press "18"
F)  Press "22"
G)  Press "P"

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2010, 08:24:27 PM »
*update*

You may (and some might say *should*) choose any of the actual letter options and specify any additional buttons you would like to press that aren't letter options.  Based on what you know is going on in the building, I'll let you think on that one for a bit before we move on.

Offline glaurung

  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 4461
  • Gender: Male
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2010, 08:43:18 PM »
Well, the computer said The Silent Man is locked in the Penthouse. I took that to mean we can't get in there yet. So I just picked the next floor up since I can't really think of something better to do at the moment. If anyone wants to go to a different floor/do something else I'm up for it. The only other things I can think of to do right now is use the map screen thing to get a map of the next floor we decide to go to.

Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline splent

  • Moderator Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9048
  • Gender: Male
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2010, 08:53:34 PM »
Floor 18 is that cellblock A thing.  I remember reading something about it... I bet that is a place where we can find even more infomation and help.  Although there are probably a lot of guards there.

I guess the same goes for 22, but since that is the CEO's floor... fewer if any guards.

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that we go to P last.

I guess I pick F. 

Either that or go back to the lobby and finish off that guard with the crowbar, and then go take a dump in the toilet down there.
My daughter's portrait was replaced for this.

Offline DarkChestOfWonders

  • The Slayer
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 148
  • Gender: Female
  • Resident Nightwish fanatic
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2010, 08:58:08 PM »
I think he's saying we should press more than one button.  Like "E" + "hold" so the elevator stops at 18 so no guards can call it and then use it to come to our floor.  So...

"E" + "hold"
\"thats Mr McDogwick to you.  (...come back after nine. bring LOTS of leather.)\"  ~Sabredog.

Offline glaurung

  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 4461
  • Gender: Male
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:35 PM »
Oh, I completely forgot about that directory. And you are right, I forgot about the hold button.

I'll go with E + hold then.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
You press "18" and the elevator begins to move.  The indicator light flashes "18," the doors open, and you get out into the elevator bay (but not before pressing "hold").  To the south is a heavy security door with wired glass.  You look through the glass and see a small desk and some shelves, and a another security door exiting out of this next room to the east.  Next to the door is what looks like an electronic scanner pad used to scan fingerprints.  The door to this glass prison is locked.

Do you:

A)  Try to open the door (with what?)
B)  Go back to the elevator and go somewhere else (where?)

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar

Offline glaurung

  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 4461
  • Gender: Male
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »
A

Use the severed hand in the elevator on the fingerprint scanner.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
You go back to the elevator and retrieve the killing hand and press it up to the scanner.  You hear a clicking sound of tumblers unlocking and a computerized female voice say, "Access granted.  Electrocution field deactivated."  "Wow, good think I didn't try to the crowbar," you say to yourself.  You try the same thing with the door to the east, with the same result.  You are standing in a hallway that runs from north to south.  To the east, running from north to south, are three doorways.  The first two are to men's and women's rooms--or at least, what used to be men's and women's rooms.  The doors are removed and there are just holes in the wall.  The washrooms are filled with debris.  There is a door directly across from you.  The south end of the hallway appear to turn right as you are facing south.

Do you:

A)  Go back
B)  Try to open the door
C)  Continue down the hall to the south and then west

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Hand

Offline splent

  • Moderator Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9048
  • Gender: Male
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »
Take out the map and say "18th floor" before you do anything

Oh.  Go to the restroom and poop (no one is there, it doesn't matter that there is no door)

My daughter's portrait was replaced for this.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
Take out the map and say "18th floor" before you do anything



And by the way, you don't have to go.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2010, 07:55:46 AM »
You go to the south hall and start walking west.  As you approach the first cell, the door suddenly bursts open.  Looking inside, it seems sort of like a hologram, or ghosts acting out a play. There is a young man bound to a table with some sort of mesh cage on his head. Standing next to him is a police officer, who is speaking.

"Are you going to tell us about your friend Victoria? Surely there's something she's done so that we can bring her in."

"No! She hasn't done anything! She hardly even associates with me, man!"

"Weren't you friends as children?"

"Yeah, but she's a good kid! Why would she hang out with someone like me?"

"I don't know. Nonetheless, surely you know of something that she's done, right? Vandalism, skipping class, maybe shoplifting?"

"No, she doesn't do any of that."

"In that case...make something up."

"Make something up? What the hell? Why?"

"Because I told you to. But you're being so uncooperative...let me ask you a question. What are you afraid of?"

"H-huh? Uh...I don't like spiders..."

"Spiders. That's good, spiders are good."

The police officer walks away and comes back with some sort of box. He opens a hole in the cage and the top of the box.

"This is your last chance. Have anything interesting to say about Victoria?"

"Screw you, pig!"

"Oh, well..."

The officer brings the box up to the hole in the cage and begins to pour out its contents: spiders. The young man is screaming. The officer closes the door in the cage and sets the the box aside.

"This can end whenever you're ready to tell us something about Victoria..."

The door slams shut.  The thing that makes you the most uncomfortable about this strange déjà vu is that the young man appears to be a slightly older version of you sometime in the not-too-distant future. 

Do you:

A)  Go back
B)  Continue to the west hallway

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Hand

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
You turn the corner and start heading north along the west hallway.  You are startled when what looks like a grotesque monkey with wings rushes the bars of the southwestern cell and tries to grab at you.  You jump back just out of his reach and stare it it for a moment.  You sense anguish and dispair in its eyes.  Yet, you also get the sense it would sooner tear you limb from limb than help you.  You know it's easier to walk way than look it in the eye, so you continue on.  The next cell is empty, although it looks to have been occupied recently.  You reach the end of the hallway without incident and turn the corner in the northernmost hallway, heading east.  The first cell you come to is occupied by a man in a filthy, torn lab coat, who is sitting alone in the far corner of his cell with his head in his hands.

"Hello," you say.  Startled, he looks up.  As he rises to his feat and walks to his cell door, you see the name on his coat:  Heven, M.D.  

"A visitor," he says with a smile.  "To what do I owe this pleasure."

"Um...I'm not here for you.  I need to get going," you say.

"You can't.  You're trapped and I don't think I'm about to let you go."

"What do you mean, trapped?  You're locked in there, and I'm out here, free as a bird," you say.

"That may be, but not for long if I yell out.  Help me, or I'll call the guard, and then you'll be no better off than I am.  They decided they had no more use for me, so here I am.  I need to get out of here, and you're going to help me, or you'll never get out of here alive.  All it takes is one scream.  Wanna see?"

You cannot tell if he is bluffing.

Do you:

A)  Continue walking east
B)  Go back
C)  Ask what you can do to help

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Hand

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2010, 08:04:17 AM »
As far as you're concerned, that bastard doctor's gonna pay.  But you also can't have him alerting the guards to your presence.

"What do you need me to do?" you ask.

"Why, get me out of here, of course," he says as he wickedly smiles.  "You have to use the fingerprint scanner on the outside of my door.  If you've gotten in here, I think you've probably figured out a way to bypass that.  You also have to punch in the right code on the keypad."

"Do you know the code?" you ask.

"Nah," he says.  "They change it every day.  I just know it's four digits.  But whenever the guards need to open a cell door, they always go to the room at the end of the hall first.  Check there.  I think it's in some sort of riddle.  I once heard the guards jokin' about it.  But remember, if you try to screw me over, I'll yell so loud this place'll be crawlin' with guards so fast it'll make yer head spin.  Now go.  I got some unfinished business to attend to with my partner once you spring me."

Do you:

A)  Continue walking east
B)  Go back

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Hand

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2010, 03:29:04 PM »
You continue down the hallway.  The next cell you pass is empty.  As you pass the last cell, the door flies open.  There is an old man sitting in the corner looking at you.  He somehow makes you feel very comfortable and safe, so you enter the cell.  

"I know why you're here," he says.

"Good.  Because I don't.  Why am I here?" you ask.

"That isn't what is important," he says.  "What is important is the choice that lies ahead of you.  Will you do what he asks of you?  Or will you come to appreciate that life is short, and learn from your mistakes?  Choose wisely.  The fates of many more than just yourself hang in the balance."

"What is that supposed to mean?  What choice are you talking about?"

"You will know when the time comes," he says.  "Chose light or choose darkness.  Choose carefully.  But I must be going now.  This is all the time I have been given."

"No, wait!  I have more questions," you say.  But the old man smiles and vanishes into thin air.  You leave the cell and continue to the door at the end of the hall.  It is locked, but you use the hand to open it.  Inside are a pair of chairs facing a window that looks to be one-way glass.  But the room it looks into is dark, and you cannot make out what is inside.  There is also a small filing cabinet in the corner.

Do you:

A)  Leave and go back
B)  Look in the filing cabinet
C)  Go into the next room

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Hand


Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
You look in the file cabinet.  Inside you find a file that says "daily door code."  You open it, pull out the memo, and read:

"Superimpose it on the account of Dorothy's quest.  Speak to me when the lion roars.  The eclipse represents the end.  The date of release is the key."

In a world full of constant confusion, this does little but add to yours. 

Do you:

A)  Leave the room and go back
B)  Go into the next room

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Hand

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2010, 08:36:01 AM »
You enter the next room.  As you do, the lights come on.  You expect to see a typical interrogation room, essentially bare except for a table in the center.  What you see instead is even more disconcerting and removes any shadow of doubt that, indeed, things are getting just a little bit scary.  In the center of the room is a chair with straps and electrodes.  The chair is caked with dried blood and other things, and there is a drain in the floor just below it.  There are other furnishings in the room that most closely resemble medieval torture devices--things with spikes, and nails, and needles, and things.  You shudder as your mind imagines what such things can be used for.  The most mundane object in the room is a mirror that is roughly the size of a door and has an intricate gilded frame. 

Seeing nothing useful here, you quickly leave.  As you walk back down the hall to the west, you soon arrive back at the doctor's cell.  "Did you find what you need to let me out?," he asks.

You reply.  "Yes, I--I think so."

"Good, so let me out now.  Please."

Do you:

A)  Enter a code (what code?)
B)  Say, "Sorry, I've reconsidered and don't think that's the best idea.  You'll have to stay here and rot."  Run back toward the elevator.

HP: 50

Status:   Stings on back and hand.

Inventory:
MP3 Player:  static OFF
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Large curved knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Aclohol
Bandages
Crowbar
Hand
[/quote]

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
The book doesn't really have anything to do with this particular puzzle.  I'll reiterate the clue again:

You look in the file cabinet.  Inside you find a file that says "daily door code."  You open it, pull out the memo, and read:

"Superimpose it on the account of Dorothy's quest.  Speak to me when the lion roars.  The eclipse represents the end.  The date of release is the key."

Not sure if wikipedia will help or not.  I suspect it will.  But if you know enough to pick up on whatever wikipedia would say, you probably know enough to answer the riddle already.

Offline glaurung

  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 4461
  • Gender: Male
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2010, 06:30:31 PM »
Well, I know the date of release. The rest of the puzzle has me pretty stumped though. Anyone have any ideas?
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »
Well, since the date of release is the 4-digit number, you might want to try that.  I mean, I'm just saying...   :)

Offline glaurung

  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 4461
  • Gender: Male
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »
Really? That's it? I thought that was just part of the riddle.

In that case, A: 1900
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2010, 07:39:37 PM »
No.

Offline splent

  • Moderator Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9048
  • Gender: Male
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2010, 07:51:17 PM »
When the lion roars

The movie was an MGM movie

A: 1939
My daughter's portrait was replaced for this.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2010, 07:53:42 PM »
You are getting closer.  But you are not choosing the release date for the correct item. 

Offline splent

  • Moderator Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9048
  • Gender: Male
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
0812?

August 12, 1939
My daughter's portrait was replaced for this.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 07:59:44 PM »
You are getting closer.  But you are not choosing the release date for the correct item.  

Quote from: Perhaps Not Genowyn
"Superimpose it on the account of Dorothy's quest..."

Wrong item.  You are not looking for the release date of the movie.  You are looking for the release date of the "it" referred to in the first line.