Author Topic: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory *UPDATED 8/8/11*  (Read 26188 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »
You carefully make your way to the men's room making sure to stay on the white tiles.  The room is dark, and the lights don't appear to work, so you prop the door open.  You look around in the dim light, but the only interesting thing you find is a pile of wadded up papers in the sink.  Given your curious nature, you can't help but look at them.  There are exactly twelve pieces of paper.  Nine of them are blank.  As for the other three:

The first has the following note:  "I really cannot decide who 'won'--the hive queen or the hegemon.  But I suppose it will be important that I eventually decide."

The second:  "Beware the phantoms!"

The third appears to be an instruction sheet that says:  "Hold in both hands.  For low light, whisper 'starlight.'  For medium light, whisper 'moonlight.'  For full illumination, whisper 'sunlight.'  Do not yell.  Orb may become irritable if you do.  Caution:  full illumination mode for extended periods may result in flare-ups or worse.  Contact technical support and local emergency room immediately if flareup should occur, but don't be frightened of the shadows it creates."

Ineresting...  You leave and go back out into the hallway.

Do you:

A)  Examine the pit to the east
B)  Go back out into the lobby

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2010, 08:02:20 AM »
Hi, guys.  Sorry I've been gone a lot lately.  I will try to keep this moving reasonably quickly.


You approach the pit.  There is an unusual darkness and sudden stillness to it.  You cannot see the bottom or anything else in the pit.  You think you might be able to cross it if only you had something to span the gap.

Do you:

A)  Try to cross the pit (with what?)
B)  Go back out into the lobby

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42:11 AM »
You look down into the pit and can't see anything, even lying flat one the floor with your head partially down in the pit.  You extend your arm with the orb and whisper "moonlight."  Far down in the pit, you see movement, as if the entire floor is alive.  You haven't seen a snake in so long, you have practically forgotten how afraid of them you are.  But with the light the memories all rush into your head as you realize you cannot see the floor below for how many slithering serpents cover it.  "Snakes.  I hate snakes."

You shudder and put the orb back into your pack, then head back out into the lobby, confused and unsure why you would rather go out there than explore the women's room.

As you enter the lobby, you see what appears to be a small child standing in the middle of the lobby holding a ticket.  "Hey there!" you say.  The child spins around and appears startled.  You can tell this more by his body language than his face since the hood on the purple hoodie he is wearing casts a shadow over his face that prevents you from seeing his facial features.  He turns and darts through one of the doors into the auditorium.

A)  Go to the "exit" door
B)  Follow the child into the auditorium
C)  Go upstairs
D)  Go back through the restroom door and explore the women's room

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
*helps joo out*

You really want to get to those keys on the other side of the pit and explore the other restroom, and glance around, looking for ideas.  You spot the boards among the contruction debri along the south wall and use a pair of them to make a makeshift bridge across the pit.  It is a bit shaky, but you make it across without incident.  But you are a bit careless as you step off on the other side, causing the boards to shift...and the ends closest to you to fall into the pit.  "Not good," you say to yourself.  You take the keys and go into the restroom.

The light flickers, giving a strobe effect between light and complete darkness.  You look around while the lighting goes from light to dark, dark to light.  You see nothing helpful or unusual until you look into mirrors above the sinks as you are walking back toward the door.  You walk past the first mirror, and your reflection moves as you do.  You walk past the second mirror and are startled by the fact that your "reflection" is not walking, but is standing still, staring at you.  You stop and stare back.  Your reflection smiles and beckons you closer.  When you hesitate, it reaches forward, its hand emerging from the mirror, holding out a toy spinner from a child's game.  The reflection mouths words "Do you want to play?" although you can hear no sound.

Do you:

A)  Take the spinner
B)  Leave

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2010, 08:06:24 AM »
You cautiously take the spinner.  It has six areas on it:

-Lose a turn
-Move ahead 3 spaces
-Move 1 space to the right
-Move 1 space to the left
-Move back 3 spaces
-Lose your life

The last one concerns you, and you decide you want no part of this "game," whatever it is.  Your reflection in the mirror stands there smiling at you and then mouths the words, "you go first.  Spin."  You shake your head and say, "No, thank you.  I don't want to play now."  

The reflection's face grows angry, and the background behind it changes to crimson flames.  "You have to play the game now!  Spin!"

You start to back away, and the flames grow more intense as your reflection lunges out of the mirror at you.  You dodge to avoid it and accidentally drop the spinner.  It hits the ground and the pointer spins a bit.  The flickering light in the restroom seems to flicker more intensely for a moment and then leaves you in darkness for a second or two, wondering where the spinner stopped.  As the lights flicker back on, you see the spinner stopped on "Move back 3 spaces."  You glance at your reflection and see its expression change to one of mixed anger and surprise.  It mouths "No!" and lunges at you, but is too late.  Reality shifts around you and the room starts spinning.

You find yourself a moment later laying flat on your stomach on the tiles floor of the cooridor between the two restrooms, back on the other side of the pit.  The wood is stacked back where it was...

***

You approach the pit.  There is an unusual darkness and sudden stillness to it.  You cannot see the bottom or anything else in the pit.  You think you might be able to cross it if only you had something to span the gap.

Do you:

A)  Try to cross the pit (with what?)
B)  Go back out into the lobby

Pay attention to what has just happened to you.  You will need this information later.

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
You look down into the pit and can't see anything, even lying flat one the floor with your head partially down in the pit.  You extend your arm with the orb and whisper "moonlight."  Far down in the pit, you see movement, as if the entire floor is alive.  You haven't seen a snake in so long, you have practically forgotten how afraid of them you are.  But with the light the memories all rush into your head as you realize you cannot see the floor below for how many slithering serpents cover it.  "Snakes.  I hate snakes."

You shudder and put the orb back into your pack.  You really want to get to those keys on the other side of the pit and explore the other restroom, and glance around, looking for ideas.  You spot the boards among the contruction debri along the south wall and use a pair of them to make a makeshift bridge across the pit.  It is a bit shaky, but you make it across without incident.  But you are a bit careless as you step off on the other side, causing the boards to shift...and the ends closest to you to fall into the pit.  "Not good," you say to yourself.  You take the keys and go into the restroom.

The light flickers, giving a strobe effect between light and complete darkness.  You look around while the lighting goes from light to dark, dark to light.  You see nothing helpful or unusual until you look into mirrors above the sinks as you are walking back toward the door.  You walk past the first mirror, and your reflection moves as you do.  You walk past the second mirror and are startled by the fact that your "reflection" is not walking, but is standing still, staring at you.  You stop and stare back.  Your reflection smiles and beckons you closer.  When you hesitate, it reaches forward, its hand emerging from the mirror, holding out a toy spinner from a child's game.  The reflection mouths words "Do you want to play?" although you can hear no sound.

Do you:

A)  Take the spinner
B)  Leave

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »
You cautiously take the spinner.  It has six areas on it:

-Lose a turn
-Move ahead 3 spaces
-Move 1 space to the right
-Move 1 space to the left
-Move back 3 spaces
-Lose your life

The last one concerns you, and you decide you want no part of this "game," whatever it is.  Your reflection in the mirror stands there smiling at you and then mouths the words, "you go first.  Spin."  You shake your head and say, "No, thank you.  I don't want to play now." 

The reflection's face grows angry, and the background behind it changes to crimson flames.  "You have to play the game now!  Spin!"

You start to back away, and the flames grow more intense as your reflection lunges out of the mirror at you.  You dodge to avoid it and accidentally drop the spinner.  It hits the ground and the pointer spins a bit.  The flickering light in the restroom seems to flicker more intensely for a moment and then leaves you in darkness for a second or two, wondering where the spinner stopped.  As the lights flicker back on, you see the spinner stopped on "Move back 3 spaces."  You glance at your reflection and see its expression change to one of mixed anger and surprise.  It mouths "No!" and lunges at you, but is too late.  Reality shifts around you and the room starts spinning.

You find yourself a moment later laying flat on your stomach on the tiles floor of the cooridor between the two restrooms, back on the other side of the pit.  The wood is stacked back where it was...

***

You approach the pit.  There is an unusual darkness and sudden stillness to it.  You cannot see the bottom or anything else in the pit.  You think you might be able to cross it if only you had something to span the gap.

Do you:

A)  Try to cross the pit (with what?)
B)  Go back out into the lobby

Pay attention to what has just happened to you.  You will need this information later.

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
As you enter the lobby, you see what appears to be a small child standing in the middle of the lobby holding a ticket.  "Hey there!" you say.  The child spins around and appears startled.  You can tell this more by his body language than his face since the hood on the purple hoodie he is wearing casts a shadow over his face that prevents you from seeing his facial features.  He turns and darts through one of the doors into the auditorium.

You're getting strange deja vu, but you don't mind.

A)  Go to the "exit" door
B)  Follow the child into the auditorium
C)  Go upstairs

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »
You enter the auditorium.  It is medium sized and decorated with ornately carved wood, gold trim, and antique lighting.  There is at least one balcony level directly above you.  There is also a huge chandelier hanging in the center of the auditorium.  As you are looking around, you see movement out of the corner of your eye and you turn just in time to see the child dart across the aisleway and disappear behind a row of seats.

As you start to follow, the lights dim to about half light and you hear slow, deliberate footsteps clicking on the hard wood of the stage.  A single spotlight shines down on a man in the center of the stage wearing a tuxedo and top hat.  His deep baritone voice booms out across the auditorium.  "Ladies and gentelmen, the show is about to begin.  Please take your seats and prepare yourselves for the amazing sights and sounds you are about to witness.  You will see things out of the ordinary; hear voices that seem twisted and strange.  If you should see phantoms during the show, which you surely will, do not be alarmed.  Most of them are quite harmless.  ...unless of course, you have taken something that belongs to them, in which case...be alarmed.  The show will begin in two minutes."

As the lights come back up, the man on stage literally vanishes into thin air. 

A)  Leave the auditorium quickly
B)  Look for the child
C)  Find your seat

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2010, 01:47:52 PM »
You approach the row of seats where you believe you saw the child disappear, but you can find no trace of him.  As you continue to look around, you begin hearing voices whispering around you, and you contantly believe you see masses of people moving out of the corner of your eye.  When you turn and try to look directly at them, you do not see anything, but they are constantly there just outside your vision. 

You hear a voice over the PA announce:  "The show will begin in one minute.  Please take your seats immediately."

Out of the sea of whispering voices, you hear whispers from the back of the auditorium say something along the lines of, "There he is.  He took it from us."  You feel like you may be in danger.

Do you:

A)  Leave the auditorium quickly
B)  Continue looking for the child
C)  Find your seat

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »
I guess our lengthy time off deserves a lengthy post from me.  :)  Oh, and :lol @ the person who reported bosk's last post.

******************

You can't shake the uneasy feeling that grips you, and you begin briskly moving toward the door.  You cannot see anyone besides yourself, but feel a constant jostling, and try as you might, your progress toward the door is incredibly slow.  You are about halfway there when the house lights suddenly go off, plunging the entire auditorium into darkness.  The stage lights come up, and you are suddenly aware that the entire auditorium is full of people, most of whom are in their seats lookign toward the stage.  Staring at the door, you see...what appears to be another you standing by the door glaring menacingly at you.  The other you is flanked by two security guards who appear to be watching him carefully with worried looks in their faces.  You hear a loud "clack!" and then a voice booming from the stage:

"Sold! Your number, sir? Thank you.  Lot 663, then, ladies and gentlemen:  a poster for this house's production of 'Hannibal' by Chalumeau."

You turn and see the tudedoed man on stage.  His gaze suddenly meets yours and he momentarily freezes in place.  His face then changes from a smile to a look of irritation.  He rolls his eyes, throws his top hat to the stage, points at you and yells:  

"YOU, sir!  What exactly do you think you are doing?"

You sheepishly point at yourself, and he answers.  "Yes.  Yes, of course, you.  And you in the back as well.  We're trying to put on a show here.  Take your seats!  NOW!" he shouts.  You look around the theater and see all eyes staring at you.  All you can think to yourself is, "oh, that this too solid flesh would melt...right into the floor."  You briefly contemplate your options.

Do you:

A)  Turn and run for the door
B)  Quickly find your seat

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:30:12 PM by bösk1 »

Offline bosk1

  • Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »
Clue:  Epic puzzle coming up.  As in Myung's world where it was fairly important to figure out that there was a Wizard of Oz theme, figuring out what the theme(s) of this world are, and whose world it is, will help you tremendously. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

  • Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2010, 09:11:23 PM »
Yes, one of the themes for this level is fairly obvious, especially after the last post.  A couple others have not yet been developed much, but are about to be.  There will also be plenty of opportunities to die excruciating and/or comical deaths.  I will also say that you have obtained the most powerful artifact in this level, and it should make your job a lot easier if you don't lose it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:43:57 PM by bösk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2010, 07:32:49 AM »
You put your head down and reach into your pack for the envelope containing the tickets.  You accidentally pull out the envelope given to you in the schoolyard back home instead and notice that instead of being hot, it is now quite cool to the touch and is open.  But you don't have time for that now, so you stuff it back in your pack and pull out the envelope with the tickets, and look for section 101, row K, seats 10 and 11.  You happen to glance up for a moment and notice the chandelier slightly quivering.

The man onstage dusts off his top hat, places it back on his head, and continues on with the show, although you are focused more on avoiding people's gazes and quickly finding your seat.  Before sitting down, you look back and see the other you arguing violently with the security guards, although you cannot hear what is being said.  You turn back to the stage.

"Lot 666, then: a chandelier in pieces.  Some of you may recall the strange affair of the--"

You then hear a shout from the back of the theater.

"No!  You're NOT bringing him back again!  This is MY show, and I get to choose what we act out!"

You turn and see that the other you has broken free of the security guards and is running down the aisle toward the stage with a determined look on his face, the security guards close behind.  He clears his throat, and says in a theatrical tone of voice, "Close your eyes, and begin to relax!  Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly."

The tuxedoed man glares at him, raises his voice, and continues on a bit louder, "A mystery never fully explained.  We are told, ladies and gentlemen, that this is the very chandelier which figures in the famous disaster."

The other man continues his monolgue as well, and the two are now talking over each other, quite loudly as the other you passes your aisle, still walking toward the stage.  "Our workshops have repaired it and wired parts of it for the new electric light, so that we may get a hint of how it may look when reassembled."

The other you:  "NO!  You're NOT going to bring him back out after we took so much pain to lock him up!"

You hear a rattling above you, and let out an involuntary gasp as you notice the chandelier shaking violently.  You must have been louder than you thought because several heads, including that of the other you, turn your direction.  The other you smiles crookedly, a smile you recognize from the bathroom mirror.  "You!" he snarls as he leaps at you.

From the stage:  "Perhaps we may frighten away the ghost of so many years ago with a little illumination, gentlemen?"

Do you:

A)  Draw your handgun and fire at the other you
B)  Jump out of his way
C)  Continue to watch the show and see what happens

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:35:53 AM by bösk1 »

Offline bosk1

  • Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »
Oh, and I was most definitely right about what this setting is based on. ;)

Then you know what is about to happen.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »
*flips coin*

And the answer is...A

You have little time to think and simply react.  The situation before you unfolds seemingly in slow motion as several random events collide in haphazard fashion, seemingly like a random stream of consciousness.

From the stage, the opening scene of Hannibal suddenly blares as actors in festive costumes appear.  As loud as the singing from stage is, it is not enough to mask a loud cracking sound from overhead.  But you are presently occupied and fail to notice the massive chandelier swinging violently and breaking free from the ceiling.  You draw your gun and prepare to fire on your mirror image as you pounces, but you are slightly distracted by the very loud collective gasp of the rest of the audience, who are all looking up in fear and awe.  The distraction causes you to miss your target, and you are knocked to your back as his hands close around your throat.  You are on your back, with the other you kneeling on your chest throttling you.  However, this situation lasts only a moment or so.  Your last view is of the chandelier plummeting toward you.  It crushes you and the surrounding few rows as it crashes through the floor, tearing a gaping hole that leads to...something below.

You are dead.

***************************


You approach the row of seats where you believe you saw the child disappear, but you can find no trace of him.  As you continue to look around, you begin hearing voices whispering around you, and you contantly believe you see masses of people moving out of the corner of your eye.  When you turn and try to look directly at them, you do not see anything, but they are constantly there just outside your vision. 

You hear a voice over the PA announce:  "The show will begin in one minute.  Please take your seats immediately."

Out of the sea of whispering voices, you hear whispers from the back of the auditorium say something along the lines of, "There he is.  He took it from us."  You feel like you may be in danger.

Do you:

A)  Leave the auditorium quickly
B)  Continue looking for the child
C)  Find your seat

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:01 AM »
You reach into your pack for the envelope containing the tickets.  You accidentally pull out the envelope given to you in the schoolyard back home instead and notice that instead of being hot, it is now quite cool to the touch and is open.  But you don't have time for that now, so you stuff it back in your pack and pull out the envelope with the tickets, and look for section 101, row K, seats 10 and 11.  You happen to glance up for a moment and notice the chandelier slightly quivering.

You begin making your way to your seat.  As you find your row, you find yourself jostled about as you try to get to your seat, as if there are people in their seats that you can't see.  If fact, you keep thinking you see people out of the corner of your eye, but when you look, they are gone.  You are about halfway there when the house lights suddenly go off, plunging the entire auditorium into darkness.  You hear a loud "clack!" and then a voice booming from the stage:

"Sold! Your number, sir? Thank you.  Lot 663, then, ladies and gentlemen:  a poster for this house's production of 'Hannibal' by Chalumeau."

You turn and see the tudedoed man on stage.  His gaze suddenly meets yours and he momentarily freezes in place.  His face then changes from a smile to a look of irritation.  He rolls his eyes, throws his top hat to the stage, points at you and yells:  

"YOU, sir!  What exactly do you think you are doing?"

You sheepishly point at yourself, and he answers.  "Yes.  Yes, of course, you.  And you in the back as well.  We're trying to put on a show here.  Take your seats!  NOW!" he shouts.  You look around the theater and see that it is suddenly full, and all eyes are staring at you as you stand there in the middle of your row.  All you can think to yourself is, "oh, that this too solid flesh would melt...right into the floor."  

You find your seat, and the show continues.  "Lot 666, then: a chandelier in pieces.  Some of you may recall the strange affair of the--"

You then hear a shout from the back of the theater.

"No!  You're NOT bringing him back again!  This is MY show, and I get to choose what we act out!  I say we do the other show."

You turn and see...what appears to be you.  Actually, more like the reflection of you that you saw in the bathroom earlier.  He is running down the aisle toward the stage with a determined look on his face, the security guards close behind.  He clears his throat, and says in a theatrical tone of voice, "Close your eyes, and begin to relax!  Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly."

The tuxedoed man glares at him, raises his voice, and continues on a bit louder, "A mystery never fully explained.  We are told, ladies and gentlemen, that this is the very chandelier which figures in the famous disaster."

The other man continues his monolgue as well, and the two are now talking over each other, quite loudly as the other you passes your aisle, still walking toward the stage.  "Our workshops have repaired it and wired parts of it for the new electric light, so that we may get a hint of how it may look when reassembled."

The other you:  "NO!  You're NOT going to bring him back out after we took so much pain to lock him up!"

You hear a rattling above you, and let out an involuntary gasp as you notice the chandelier shaking violently.  You must have been louder than you thought because several heads, including that of the other you, turn your direction.  The other you smiles crookedly, a smile you recognize from the bathroom mirror.  "You!" he snarls as he leaps at you.

From the stage:  "Perhaps we may frighten away the ghost of so many years ago with a little illumination, gentlemen?"

Do you:

A)  Draw your handgun and fire at the other you
B)  Jump out of his way
C)  Continue to watch the show and see what happens


HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:00:53 PM by Perhaps Not Genowyn »

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »
You have little time to think and simply react.  The situation before you unfolds seemingly in slow motion as several random events collide in haphazard fashion, seemingly like a random stream of consciousness.

From the stage, the opening scene of Hannibal suddenly blares as actors in festive costumes appear.  As loud as the singing from stage is, it is not enough to mask a loud cracking sound from overhead.  But you are presently occupied and fail to notice the massive chandelier swinging violently and breaking free from the ceiling.  Instinctively, you dodge to your side to avoid the figure leaping at you.  As you do, something trips you, and you begin running and windmilling your arms to keep from falling, and end up sprawled in the aisleway a few feet away. 

At the same time, the chandelier, which has now broken free from the ceiling, plummets toward the area you just vacated.  The other you never had a chance, as the chandelier crushes him and the surrounding few rows as it crashes through the floor, tearing a gaping hole that leads to...something below. 

After you stop coughing and choking on the dust cloud kicked up by the chandelier, you take a look around.  The auditorium is deathly quiet and still, and is dimly lit only by the candles mounted every 10 feet or so down the side walls.

Do you:

A)  Exit the auditorium
B)  Explore the hole
C)  Explore the stage

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »
You approach the huge hold in the floor and look down.  Far below, you think you can vaguely make out the main part of the chandelier.  What lies below seems to be a vast, expansive space, but it is dark, and you cannot ascertain much more.  You hear a voice, and somehow know the voice is only inside your head:  "Come with me, and I will how you how deep the rabbit hole goes." 

You back away from the hole.  As you turn and face the stage, you see the child up on the stage, standing and looking your direction.  Was it his voice you heard?  You call out to him, "Young child, won't you tell me why I'm here?"

The child giggles, turns and runs, and disappears behind the large, heavy stage backdrop.

Do you:

A)  Exit the auditorium
B)  Explore the stage

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »
Sorry for letting this go, guys.  Last week was a nightmare [to remember].  This week looks hectic as well, but I'll try to be more on top of it.  Okay, so...

You climb up on the now-deserted stage and then take a moment to stop and just gather your wits.  You glance back at the main part of the auditorium.  From here, you can see the second floor balcony.  At the back of the balcony, you think you can see movement in the control room, but cannot make out any details from this distance.  You stop and take a moment to think about the clues given to you thus far and how they will fit into this strange place.  You suddenly realize you are exhausted.  And yet, you know it is probably not safe to stop and rest here for too long.  Still awake, you continue to move along.

You duck behind the backdrop and see various props, including a large pipe organ and some other things.  You also see doors to the rooms shown on the east side of the theater map.  From north to south, the first room has a sign that says "Producer's/Stage Manager's office."  The second is not marked, but there is a huge 'X' painted across the door and door frame in red paint, or possibly blood.  Both doors to the large middle room are labeled "Props and Wardrobe."  The fourth room, "Dressing Room A," and the fifth, "Dressing Room B."

Do you:

A)  Exit the auditorium
B)  Enter the office
C)  Enter the unmarked room
D)  Enter the props/wardrobe room
E)  Enter dressing room A
F)  Enter dressing room B

(and before Splent asks, no, there is no option to enter any restroom, and, no, you will not see any naked people in either dressing room)

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
You try the door on the office.  "Locked!"  You try the keys you got from the box office, and...one fits.  You turn the key, walk through the...door, and enter the office cautiously.  There is a desk with a computer and two chairs. The computer screen has a screen saver (lol--who still uses those?) operating, but the monitor and keyboard are coated with a thick layer of dust and look like they haven't been used in ages.  There are also stacks of paper, a coat rack in the corner, and a waste basket filled with crumpled up wads of paper. 

Do you:

A)  Check out the desk drawers
B)  Check out the computer
C)  Leave

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
AND...we're back.  Options are in the previous post.  GOGOGOGO!!!

:tden:

Offline Sketchy

  • DTF.org Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2250
  • Gender: Male
  • More tea is required.
A) Check out the draws.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

  • DTF.org Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7691
  • Gender: Male

Offline bosk1

  • Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
A!  (I'm such a conformist)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

  • Posts: 3238
  • Gender: Male
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
You try the top drawer on the desk.  It sticks, and your hand slips off the handle, so you get a better grip and try again.  The drawer jerks open and you lose your grip again and stumble backwards a step.  Good thing, too.  At that moment, as if released from a jack-in-the-box, one of those toy monkeys with the sinister eyes and clanging cymbals springs up out of the drawer.  (in case you have no idea what I'm talking about, one of these:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_73NU6OlNuw )  It swings one of the small cymbals at where your hand previously was, tearing a gash about a half inch deep into the hard wood.  This is not your little brother's toy monkey.  You take a split second to ponder your next move with respect to the monster you created by opening the drawer.

Do you:

A)  Fight (with what?)
B)  Run Away
C)  Ignore it and continue searching the room

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline sneakyblueberry

  • put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4343
  • Gender: Male
A, with foot

Offline jingle.boy

  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 17926
  • Gender: Male
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
A, with Monitor (squish him)

Offline Sketchy

  • DTF.org Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2250
  • Gender: Male
  • More tea is required.
A with SUNGLASSES. What's more badass than wearing sunglasses while fighting it? Using sunglasses as a bladed boomerang...

...If you've seen that south park episode.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline mizzl

  • DTF.org Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1769
  • Gender: Male
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!

Offline Ħ

  • Posts: 3238
  • Gender: Male
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
A, with Monitor (squish him)

:lolpalm:  That…wasn’t really one of the options I had planned for you guys, but…okay, with the monitor it is then.

You regain your balance just in time as the monkey springs at you and swings one of his cymbals at your head.  You duck and lunge forward, arriving at the desk.  As you turn, you see the monkey hit the wall and start to roll towards you.  The first thing you can think of to drop on him and try to smash him with is the computer monitor on the desk.  Unfortunately, it is bolted to the desk and does not come loose.  Thoughts racing, it quickly occurs to you that perhaps the best way to fight this thing is with something that is actually in your inventory.  The thought is not in time to prevent the monkey from taking a swat at your foot and tearing a deep gash in your shoe, which, thanks to your thick shoes, results in only a minor yet painful cut on your foot.  Reflexively, you kick at the monkey, sending him flying into the far corner of the room into the waste basket.

At that moment, you notice that your moving the monitor caused the screen saver to turn off.  On screen, you see the following prompt.

>I can help.
>Hit ctrl+alt+lightning

No keyboard you’ve ever seen has a “lightning” key, but you notice this one has a key with a symbol that looks like a small lightning bolt.  You hear a rustling in the waste basket and realize you have little time to decide on your next move.

Do you:

A)  Fight (with what?)
B)  Run away
C)  Follow the computer’s advice

HP: 31

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat; Minor, yet painful cut on your foot.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Theater map, 1 fl.
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets
Theater keys
Spinner

Offline Ħ

  • Posts: 3238
  • Gender: Male
B. Run away!
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Logical Nightmare

  • DTF.org Member
  • *
  • Posts: 493
  • Gender: Female
  • YAAAY! awww...
C! C!