Author Topic: IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory *UPDATED 8/8/11*  (Read 26189 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LCArenas

  • DTF.org Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2298
  • Gender: Male
  • OH THAT WACKY FLETCHER!
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2010, 05:59:34 PM »
The computer will kill me if I let him alive. I don't want to, but I guess..... Ah, fuck it. A.

However, I'll ask him about the merciless doctors and why are they living in the same tower as him.  They Are also locked inside because they're dangerous, isn't it??

Offline splent

  • Moderator Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9001
  • Gender: Male
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
The computer will kill me if I let him alive. I don't want to, but I guess..... Ah, fuck it. A.

Maybe there's more to it than that.  Remember you were in the studio.  The computer may not be the only one that knows the way back.  He's locked in there, remember.
My daughter's portrait was replaced for this.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »
"Don't you manipulate me!," you continue.

"Not to quibble over who is manipulating who here," he says, "but I am not the one telling you you have to kill prisoners if you want to get out of here."

You know he is right.  But you aren't ready to give up so easily.  "So let me guess," you say sarcastically.  "If I do what you want me to do, you'll show me the way home, right?  So I'll have to do you're bidding if I want to get out of here."

"No," he says.  "I would be lying if I said that, and I won't lie to you.  I can't help you.  I can't get you home.  But I can tell you where the mirror is.  And I can ask you to help me--not because you have to, but because you will be helping someone who needs your help."

"The mirror?  What good is a mirror?" you ask.

He looks shocked.  "You--you don't know how to use mirrors?" he asks.  Your confused look answers the question for him.  "But you have the mark," he says pointing at the birthmark on your chest that is visible through your torn shirt.  "At this age, you surely should have been trained...  Have you ever started at a mirror for a long time, and felt it begin to change and open up to another place?"

"Yes," you say in surprise.  "That happened to me downstairs, but I thought it was just my mind wandering off.  You mean--you mean mirrors here are special and can take me other places?"

"Not only here.  And it isn't the mirrors that hold the power.  It is you.  These mirrors can't take you home.  But they can take you to different places here in Outland.  That is, if you have something that will connect you with another place.  You merely hold the object in your hand and concentrate on the mirror.  Your mind makes the connection that opens the door, and then you merely step through."

"I--I have these guitar picks," you say as you take them out of your pocket.  "Will these help?"  

His eyes grow wide when he sees the autographed Mike Stone pick.  "Where did you get that?  That is my brother's prized possession.  You can get to him, and he may help you.  But he's...not himself lately.  You can get to him using the mirror in the interrogation room.  But you should go quickly.  There isn't much time," he says.  

"What do you mean?  I've got the elevator stopped.  The guards can't come up here, if that's what you're worried about," you say.

"But that won't stop them from using the stairs," he says.

You:   :omg:  "Okay, let's go!"

"I cannot," he says.  "I have to stay here in this prison.  They have me in this tower because it dampens my power, and they are free to run their experiments.  That is why sound does not work outside and this place is being torn apart.  But me being here is all that keeps this place from being destroyed.  And if they completely ruin this place...many others will perish," he says, the look of sadness in his eyes returning.  "But you should go.  And go quickly!  But, please, I beg of you--take this to my brother," he says taking a necklace from his neck and holding it out to you.  It has a small prism pendant that seems to simultaneously be colorless and comprised of every color you have ever seen.  

You hesitate for a moment, and then take the necklace.  "I'll--I'll do my best," you tell him.  You run back down the stairs and back to the elevator.  You remove the crowbar, and the elevator again begins descending on its own.  You hold 18.  When the elevator stops on 18, you press the hold button and again wedge the crowbar in place.  You use the hand to again gain access to the east corridor.  As you round the corner to the south corridor, you see the guard who killed the doctor blocking your path about halfway down the hall.  He sees you, too and begins running your direction.  

Do you:

A)  Run back to the elevator
B)  Fight (with what)
C)  Try to run past him

HP: 50

Status:   It's all good

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2010, 10:38:32 AM »
You draw your gun, and the guard bellows, "What do you think you're going to do with that?" as he slams into you and begins to bear-hug you.  Unfortunately for you, all the wind is knocked out of you before you can answer.  Unfortunately for him, you are still able to squeeze off a round.  After a moment, his grip loosens and he slumps to the ground.  You continue running down the hallway.

As you pass the cell where you saw the old man, you see that the apparition is again in the cell.  "So you have chosen the path of light," he says.  "For what it's worth, I think you made the right choice.  Had you chosen a different path, things would be much different now.  Good luck!" he says as he again disappears.

You enter the interrogation room and stand in front of the mirror.  You pull the guitar pick out of your pocket and try to clear your mind as you stand in front of the mirror.  You feel foolish staring at your reflection waiting for something to happen.  But just as you are about to give up, you feel your mind begin to connect to something...  The best way to describe the sensation is as though you were falling and manage to grab onto a rope that then snaps taught.  Your image in the mirror begins to blur and then fade.  In it place, you see in the mirror a town square at twilight.  It is raining, and the dirt street is beginning to muddy.  For some reason other than the rain, people appear to be rushing to get inside.  Their clothing is from some time in the past, and you see no cars, machines, or anything else that looks more modern than a few hundred years ago.  The image in the mirror becomes so clear and sharp that you almost feel you can touch it, and instinctively, you reach out and try to do so.  Your hand passes completely through the mirror.  You gasp and draw it back, momentarily losing your concentration and causing the image to slightly fade.  You again clear your mind and bring the image back.  A townswoman rushes past and it appears the look on her face is one of fear.

Do you:

A)  Step through the mirror
B)  Go back

HP: 50

Status:   It's all good

Inventory:
Handgun (5/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:50:22 AM by Perhaps Not Genowyn »

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »
You look in the mirror one last time trying to make up your mind.  You hold your breath and step through.  A man about ten feet away from you stares your direction with a startled look on his face and stutters, "How--how did you--?"  He calls out, "Tom!  Is the gate still open?"  You hear a voice in the distance.

"No, I locked it 'alf an hour ago!  An hour before sunset--you know that's the rule."  The man named Tom then rounds the corner from behind one of the cottages that lines the muddy street, and stops in his tracks as he sees you.  "Allo, who's this?" he asks. 

The first man answers, "'E just appeared outta thin air.  Must be one o' them."

Tom's eyes grow as big as saucers, and he says in a whisper.  "Is 'e--Is 'e the bear?"

The first man answers, "If'n 'e was the bear, we'd prob'ly be dead right now.  But 'e's definitely one of 'em.  Gotta be, with magic like that."

As he speaks, you hear a third set of footsteps sloshing through the rain behind you.  But before you can turn, you feel a shooting pain along the back of your neck as you see stars and then lose consciousness...

=======================

You awaken some time later.  You are tied tightly to a chair.  The room around you is dark, lit only by a small lantern on a rough-looking wooden table next to Tom, who sits suspiciously looking at you and smoking a pipe.  You see your knapsack on the floor under the table.  Tom has a large, crude revolver in his lap.

Do you:

A)  Try to talk to Tom
B)  Struggle and try to get free
C)  Yell for help

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2010, 11:45:40 AM »
You try starting a conversation.  "So...Tom, right?  What's going on here?"

Tom answers.  "I ain't s'posed to talk to you."

Ignoring the fact that he just did, you respond.  "Um...fair enough.  Then...what are you supposed to do?"

Tom:  "I'm s'posed to sit here an' keep an eye on you.  And when the moon comes out, if'n you start changin' into one of 'em, I'm s'posed to put a bullet in yer 'ead."

You:  "Tom, I can assure you, I have no plans of changing into anything other than little old me.  But if it's all the same to you, I'd like to thank you for your time and be on my way.  I don't suppose there's any chance of that, is there?"

Tom:  "Oh, no.  You wouldn' wanna go out there at night.  Not now.  They'll be out any minute now if'n they're not already.  You mus' not be from roun' here if'n you don' know that.  But we really shouldn' be talkin'."

Do you:

A)  Keep talking
B)  Struggle and try to get free
C)  Yell for help

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »
You contemplate your next move as Tom sits there, sucking on his pipe.  You pose the question that has been on your mind since you woke up.  "Tom, what is this bear you were talking about before one of your buddies conked me on the head earlier?"

Tom's eyes grow wide, and then narrow.  "You really ain't from 'roun' here.  It's the count, who lives in the big place up the hill.  He ain't always a bear.  Only when the moon's full.  Then him an' his come out lookin' fer blood.  We're one o' the last villages left.  Tha's why we lock the gate afore sunset each night.  Tha's the only way I can explain it."

"Explain what?" you ask.

"The fact that we's still here, e'en though we da' closest village to him.  But we never know when dey come.  The moon done been up for more'n an hour already, an' all's quiet."

No sooner does Tom utter these words than you hear a shot fired not far away.  A moment later, another.  Then a scream.  Tom leaps to his feet.  "I'm--I'm goin' downstairs an' see what's goin' on," he says.

"Tom, wait.  Untie me first," you plead, but he disappears, slamming and locking the door behind him.  For the next half hour or so, you hear random shots, screams, scuffles, and other noises you aren't sure how to classify.  You think you hear something scratching at the outside of the door.  Then nothing but quiet.  You eventually determine Tom must have either forgotten about you or is otherwise occupied, so you being working on your bonds.  You free yourself and grab your knapsack.  When you try the door, it is locked.  "Great," you mumble to yourself.  The room is large, empty, and dark save the small slivers of moonlight coming in through the shuttered window.

Do you:

A)  Try breaking down the door
B)  Open the window and see if you can get out that way.

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Inventory:
Handgun (5/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:43:45 AM by Perhaps Not Genowyn »

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2010, 07:48:49 AM »
The wooden shutter is barred from the inside, so you open it.  You are on the second floor, but the drop to the dirt below is not long.  The street below is lit by a full moon that is high the sky.  You take a quick look around, feel no imminent danger, and drop to the street below. 

The front door to the building you just left is to your right.  A sign next to it reads, "The Tack and Bridle Inne."  The door is halfway open, and you see the blood-covered legs of a man protruding from the doorway.  From where you stand, you cannot see the rest of him.  You turn and look over your shoulder and see the town gate about a block up the road.

Do you:

A)  Go inside the Tack and Bridle
B)  Head for the gate

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Inventory:
Handgun (5/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2010, 08:06:42 AM »
You approach the door and push it open cautiously.  As you do, and moonlight bathes the entry way, you realize one of the reason you could not see the rest of the person whose legs were protruding out of the doorway is because it is missing.  Pools of blood are everywhere, making dark macabre shapes on the floor, including a pool of blood in the shape of a heart.  You can make out a few more bodies and an unlit lantern sitting up on the bar across the room, but the room is otherwise too dark to see much else.

You are startled to hear a faint groan from a dark corner on the other side of the room.

Do you:

A)  Go inside and explore
B)  Close the door and run for the gate

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Inventory:
Handgun (5/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2010, 03:36:33 PM »
You make your way over to the bar and light the lantern, which allows you to better survey the room.  The body in the doorway looks like it was chewed in half.  You do not see the upper half anywhere.  There is another body with gigantic chunks of flesh ripped out of it.  But it is the third corpse that catches your eye.  It is somewhat humanoid, but more animal than man, and covered with black, matted fur.  It looks somewhat wolf-like, but its snout resembles that of a crocadile.  From the gunshot wounds in its chest, it is fairly obvious how this grotesque creature's battle ended.  As you stand studying the creature, you are startled by another groan just a few feet away. 

You turn toward the sound and see another pair of legs behind an overturned table.  Stepping around the table, you see Tom lying on the floor breathing shallowly, clutching his side, which is mostly torn away and bleeding badly.

"Tom!  Here, let me help you," you say as you rush over to him."

"Jus'...jus' shoot me," he says. 

"Shoot you?  Come on, don't talk like that.  We need to get you some help," you say as you look around desperately for something you can use to stop the bleeding. 

"There's...there's no...help," he says.  "Only way is...go to the bear's house an' kill him.  Up on the hill.  It's the only way to stop 'em.  They just keep comin' 'til...nothin' left."

"You mean there are more of the things that did this?  I was hoping that dead one on the floor was the last one."

"My--my family...  Hiding in the caves in the hills.  They'll find 'em if we don'...stop him.  Go...please...but shoot me.  I know what happens next.  An' it's worse'n what I'm feelin' now.  Trus' me...do it.  You need to find it in yer heart to do this.  Go fin' yer heart...  Go fin' yer heart..."

His eyes look frantic, and you aren't sure exactly what he means, but you can also sense that he's got his wits about him and is not merely rambling on.  He holds his gun out to you.  "Please!" he pleads.  "Do--it.  Jus' shoot me an' take the res' of my ammo and go...fin' yer--" he starts coughing violently, spitting a lot of blood, and can't seem to stop long enough to say another word. 

Do you:

A)  Shoot Tom
B)  Leave

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Inventory:
Handgun (5/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
You take the gun from Tom, but your hand starts trembling and your eyes well up as you hold it out and start thinking about what you had planned to do.  "I don't know if I can just shoot you in cold blood, Tom.  I just don't know."  Tom summons what last bit of strength he has and lunges forward at you, squeezing your hand with both of his, and then slumping back to the floor as the "crack!" of the gunshot echos through the quiet room.  You take the remaining few bullets from his gun.

You turn and are preparing to walk out across the open countryside when the phone begins to ring.

Do you:

A)  Answer it.
B)  Ignore it and leave.

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Inventory:
Handgun (5/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5

Offline bosk1

  • Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »
You killed Tom!  :bastard:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2010, 08:04:15 AM »
You answer the phone and hear the same familiar computerized voice on the other end, but it sounds almost frantic this time:  "Kevin, where are you?  Have you gotten into the penthouse yet?"

You pause for a moment and decide how best to lie to it.  "No.  No, not yet.  I...ran into some expected difficulties."

"Well, hurry!  You have to get up there and take him out now.  It may already be too late.  I'm tracking power signatures in places that just don't make sense.  Where exactly are you, anyway?"

You aren't sure how to answer without giving something away that could be dangerous to you, so you choose what sees like the next best option.  "Can you say that again?  You're breaking up a bit.  Oh, wait, I'm going through a tunnel."

Computer:  "Wait, you're--what?  Kevin, I--"

You disconnect quickly, shut the phone off, and put it in your pocket.  You set off down the narrow streets and out the gate.  You see the large manor up on the hill in the distance.  The twisting, turning route in between is paved by yellow stones.  You walk.

...

Some time later, you are in a dense, wooded area.  The full moon is lower in the sky now, and the sky itself is beginning to lighten on the horizon.  You stop for a moment to rest, sitting on the ground with your back against a large stone.  You hear a rustling in the bushes off the left side of the path.  The first time you hear it, you ignore it.  Then you hear it again, only louder and closer.

Do you:

A)  Ignore it
B)  Leave the path to check it out
C)  Run

HP: 50

Status:   Slight headache, but otherwise good

Inventory:
Handgun (5/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
You step off the road, and the moment you do so, you are struck with the sensation of reality somehow being bent around you.  It is a difficult sensation to process, almost as if the ground beneath you is moving rapidly while simultaneously not moving at all.  You don't like this sensation at all and turn to step back onto the road, only to find that the road is far off in the distance.  Feeling just a bit panicked and disoriented, you walk toward the road, and then begin running.  However, after a few minutes, you realize the road is not getting any closer.  This was a bad idea.  But there is no time to dwell further on the subject because the rustling in the bushes has returned.

You turn and stare at the creature that now stands looking back at you underneath the pale green moon.  It looks like the dead creature back at the Inne, and it looks angry.  Or possibly hungry.  You aren't really sure which.

Do you:

A)  Fight
B)  Run

HP: 50

Status:   Not too shabby

Inventory:
Handgun (5/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:46:10 PM by Perhaps Not Genowyn »

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
You draw your gun and point it at the creature.  You are a bit surprised when it speaks to you and sounds somewhat human.  "Do you even know how to use that, boy?"  It then lifts its head and makes a sound that its somewhere between a howling and hysterical laughter.  It abruptly stops making the sound and slumps to the ground, blood spilling from the gaping hole in its head.

"Who's laughing now?" you say.  Clearly, what began as laughter so soon did turn to pain.  Suddenly, those hours at the pistol range with your grandfather don't seem like wasted time.  But your reverie is cut short by another rustling in the bushes about 30 yards to your left, and another just a little behind that.

Do you:

A)  Stand your ground and wait
B)  Run

HP: 50

Status:   Not too shabby

Inventory:
Handgun (4/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5 

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2010, 06:39:37 PM »
You hold your gun out in front of you and wait.  You do not have to wait long.  A wolf creature suddenly bursts out of the bushes about 20 yards in front of you.  Then a second, just a bit behind it.  You hear a rustling in the bushes off to your left.  That probably means #3 at least.  For a high school kid, you're a pretty good marksman.  But with only 4 bullets in the chamber, you have little margin for error.  If only you had taken the time to reload...

Your thoughts are racing as you quickly plan your next move.

Do you:

A)  Stand your ground and fight
B)  Turn and run

HP: 50

Status:   Not too shabby

Inventory:
Handgun (4/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5    

Offline glaurung

  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 4461
  • Gender: Male
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
Should have thought of reloading.  :facepalm:

A
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2010, 01:18:31 PM »
Nothing seems like a good option right about now, but you give in to the panic rising in your and turn to run as fast as you can.  A wolf creature appears out nowhere right in front of you and crouches, ready to spring.  Before it can, you put a hole in its chest with your gun and it falls back with a yelp.  You try to hurdle over its body, but your foot catches, causing you to momentarily lose your balance.  The break in your stride is just enough for the closest wolf creature to close the gap.  It springs and you feel it slam into your shoulder, knocking you to the ground and sending your gun flying off into the bushes to your right.  Before it disengages and rolls away, the wolf creature scratches you pretty badly on your upper right arm with one of its claws.  Your upper right arm is scratched and bleeding and begins to burn. 

You rise to your feet and look around you.  You are surrounded by three wolf creatures, who begin making their howling, laughing noise.  You draw your long knife.  One of the wolf creatures springs at you, aiming for your head and upper body.

Do you:

A)  Duck
B)  Dodge right
C)  Dodge left

HP: 40

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm

Inventory:
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Large curved knife
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5     

Offline DarkChestOfWonders

  • The Slayer
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 145
  • Gender: Female
  • Resident Nightwish fanatic
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »
Hmm...  Gun flew to the right, so B.  Maybe we get lucky and find it?  :dunno:
\"thats Mr McDogwick to you.  (...come back after nine. bring LOTS of leather.)\"  ~Sabredog.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »
You dodge to the right and reflexively lunge with the knife.  You hear a yelp as the knife sinks into the wolf creature.  The good news is that it doesn't get up.  The bad news is that you are now without your large knife.  The good news is that the hard thigk poking you in the ribs as you are sprawled out on the ground turns out to be your handgun, which you pick up and hold out in front of you as you rise to your feet.  The bad news is that you only have three bullets in the magazine and you count three wolf creatures that you can see, which are salivating as they close in closer and closer to you.  

"I am ready," you say, more to calm yourself than to intimidate the wolf creatures.  They don't seem very intimidated.  

You hear a roar behind you and to the left.  Out of your peripheral vision, you see a huge, dark shape emerge and rush your direction at the same time the wolf creature directly in front of you leaps at your head.

Do you:

A)  Dodge and run to the right
B)  Shoot at the wolf creature
C)  Shoot at the larger creature

HP: 40

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm

Inventory:
Handgun (3/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Guitar picks
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Access card
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5    

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »
All in one motion, you dodge to the right, while starting to run and looking back over your shoulder.  The wolf creature and the huge shadow, which you can now see is a hulking, bear-like creature, slam into each other.  This is the last thing you see as you slam into a tree with such force it knocks you unconscious.

===========================

You awaken some time later with a splitting headache, tied to a chair.  What is it with this place and tying people to chairs, anyway.  You groan and struggle briefly, testing your bonds.  You look around the room and are startled to see the shadow of a large, bearded man sitting in the shadows across from you, watching you intently.  "You shouldn't be out in the forest after moon rise.  I thought you were one of the enemy's, at first, which is why I was going to let them kill you.  But you clearly aren't one of their assassins.  So why are you here?" he asks you as he leans forward, his face now illuminated by the light of the candle on the table next to him. 

You take a moment to examine his features, which appear almost more animal than human.  Almost like those of a bear.  Your heart quickens with the realization that you are likely in the presence of the creature Tom warned you about, and are helpless to do anything about it.  Although you've never really been one to pray or talk to God, you now silently pray to him by candle light and try to figure out what to do next. 

The man bellows at you, "I said, why are you here?" 

Do you:

A)  Tell him the truth
B)  Make up a lie

HP: 40

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm (cleaned and bandaged); headache

Inventory:

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2010, 09:12:24 AM »
You aren't really sure what to do.  You aren't really sure of anything anymore, actually.  On one hand, here you sit, frightened for your life.  On the other hand, you notice that your shoulder is cleaned and bandaged, and other than being tied to a chair, you're in relatively good shape.

"I--I really don't know," you tell him.  "I mean, I've just been trying to figure out as best I can what I should do since I got here, but, really, it's all been circumstance."  You begin to tell him your story since getting that envelope.  He listens quiety until you are finished. 

"So they told you who I am," he says.

"The count," you say.  "The...bear."

"So, you know I'm the bear," he says.  He seems to get more upset, and his voice begins rising.  "Then you know...I haven't been myself.  They told you what I'm capable of doing!"  He circles around behind you, grabs the ropes with one hand and lifts you and the chair off the ground.  With his other hand, he grabs your knapsack.  "Come with me.  I need to show you some things," he says as he exits the room.  It is dark inside these castle walls, and the narrow corridors you walk through are lit only by the candle in the count's hand.  You then emerge into a large banquet room with a massive but elegant wooden table.  There is a large platter in the center of the table that looks big enough to serve...well...a person on.  There are also place settings, candelsticks, and other typical things.  He sets you down next to the table momentarily and leans close.  "You sit here for a moment," he says. "I'll be right back."  He then disappears through a door at the other end of the room.

Do you:

A)  Struggle and try to get free
B)  Wait

HP: 40

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm (cleaned and bandaged); headache

Inventory:


Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »
Before long, he returns, picks you back up, and sets off once again.  You soon arrive at a heavy oak door with a dark staircase leading downward.  Down the cellar stairs you disappear with your captor.  At the bottom of the stairs, he sets you down directly across from a large object that is covered wih a black shroud.  He takes a few steps back away from you.  "Now we find out if you are lying," he says with a wicked grin that reveals almost animal-looking sharp teeth.

You look around the room.  It is filled with large, empty cages and what look to be torture devices of various kinds.  There are dark stains on the stone floor that could be old blood.  You can only wonder what horrors lie beneath the shroud as he turns away from you, places his hand on the shroud, and prepares to draw it back.  Through all the jostling from being carried with your chair, you notice that he ropes holding you have loosened a bit.

Do you:

A)  Sit quietly
B)  Tell him to stop and try to talk to him
C)  Struggle and try to get away

HP: 40

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm (cleaned and bandaged); headache

Inventory:

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2010, 02:38:37 PM »
"Stop!" you yell as loud as you can.  The count pauses and looks a bit confused and startled by your sudden outburst.  "Don't do it," you repeat.  "This has all been a misunderstanding.  I shouldn't even be here.  I don't want to die or be tortured.  Just let me go!" 

"Sorry, but that's not how it is," he says.  "You certainly shouldn't be here.  But how you got here and why, I don't know."

"But I told you how and why I got here," you say.

"Yes.  And you might be lying.  I need to know for sure," he says as he turns back to the large, shrouded object."

"No!  Let me please explain!" you scream.

The count whips back around and snarls, his face about an inch from yours.  "I've had just about enough of your screaming," he says.  "If I were going to just kill you, I wouldn't have saved you from the wolves and wouldn't have fixed up your shoulder.  Or did you forget about your shoulder?  That scratch is pretty deep.  Next moonrise, you'll be just like them.  You know that, right?  I can't afford to have that happen, so I either need to send you away or kill you.  Problem is, I can't send you away."

"Why not?" you ask.

"Because I can't.  There's no way out that I know of other than the way you say you came in.  If you can use mirrors, show me."  He pulls back the shroud, and before you is a large, full-length mirror.  "Open the gate back to my brother.  I haven't seen or talked to him since we were banished.  And if they're doing what you said, he may not have much time left.  Show me."

You stare into the mirror and let your mind go blank.  At first, nothing happens.  Eventually, your image in the mirror begins to blur and change.  You see an image of the inside of a room that looks similar to the interior of one of the places in the town you first arrived at in this place.  There is a badly mutilated body on the floor, and a wolf creature suddenly wanders into the frame.  It turns to face you and looks momentarily startled before it snarls and crouches to spring in your direction.

Do you:

A)  Continue to focus on the mirror
B)  Try to dodge by shifting your weight so the chair falls over
C)  Try to "close" the mirror

HP: 40

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm (cleaned and bandaged); headache

Inventory:

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2010, 10:18:10 AM »
You continue to focus on the mirror, not wanting to close the portal you have opened, despite the fact that the wolf on the other side also realizes a portal has been opened.  Bad move.  The wolf creature pounces through the mirror and lunges right at you, locking its jaws around your throat and knocking you to the floor.  The count roars and leaps at the wolf creature, which expires with a yelp and a sickening cracking sound as the count flings it against the far stone wall.  The last thing you see before you pass out is the count leaning over you with a look of mixed anger and concern.

You are...almost dead.

*********

You awaken some time later, unable to move.  After looking around, you realize you are tied to a bed.  Your neck, now bandaged up, hurts.  You see the count sitting in a chair not far from you.

"Awake, I see, and none too soon.  I wasn't half sure you'd make it, and I wasn't half sure I wanted you to," he says.  "That was either the weakest assassination attempt I've ever seen, or you just have no clue what you are doing.  What were you thinking opening up a portal to the storehouse next to the Inne right after it was attacked?"

You find you are able to talk, although only weakly.  "I...I don't know.  I'm not sure how to control it.  I've only done it once before.  From what your brother told me, I think I need to be touching something from the place I want to go to.  The only thing I was touching was the rope around my wrist, so I guess wherever that come from, that's where the portal opened to."

"I hadn't thought of that," he says.  "Maybe you weren't trying to kill me after all.  But you don't have much time to prove yourself to me.  The moon will be rising again soon.  You've been resting a long time.  And I'll kill you before the moon rises.  I can't have you changing on me."

"What do you want me to do?" you ask.

"Open the portal to my brother and let me talk to him," he says as he pushes another mirror closer to the bed.  "That's the only way I can be sure of what your intentions are.  I have something you can use.  But hurry.  There isn't much time."

Do you:

A)  Go along with the count's plan
B)  Insist that he heal you first

HP: 5

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm (cleaned and bandaged); Deep gash in throat and severe blood loss (cleaned and bandaged).

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »
The count hands you a Starbucks cup.  He answers your look of surprise before you can formulate your question.  "Dude, they're everywhere nowadays."  You shrug and take the cup.  As you do, you feel a warm pulsing over your chest.  You look down and do not see anything at first.  Then the pendant the Silent Man gave you appears out of nowhere, pulsing with a warm red glow.  The count stares in amazement.  "Where did you--?  You did kill him!  This has all been a trick!  I knew it!" he yells as he rushes toward you with a huge, jagged knife.

"Now wait a minute, man!" you reply.  "I didn't kill him, I swear!  He gave it to me and told me I would need it to help him.  Let me open the mirror and let him tell you himself!"  The Count pauses.  You repeat, "I didn't kill him!"  He slams the knife down on a nearby table, driving the blade completely through the thick wood.  You think to yourself that you are glad you are not the table.

"Proceed," he says calmly, motioning toward the mirror.  You eventually bring up the image of the Silent Man's chamber.  In your weakened condition, it just about exhausts you to open the mirror portal, but once it is open, you find it takes no effort at all to maintain it.  The Silent Man looks to you as if he has been beaten.  He and the Count talk to each other about things you know nothing about and are too tired to take in.  Part of their conversation is the Silent Man recounting how you agreed to help him and how he helped you get out of the tower.  They also get into an argument after a while that concerns you, but you cannot maintain the focus to take in what they are saying.  

After a while, the Count turns back to you.  "You can close it now.  I don't think you have the strength to keep it open."  You allow the portal to close.  "I still don't completely trust you," he says.  "But I thank you for letting me talk to my brother and clarify some things.  You have to leave here quickly.  There isn't much time.  The moon is about to rise."  He then tosses your knapsack to you.  "I am inclined to send you on your way instead of killing you, but I have to ask you first.  I was told you might have something that belongs to me.  Is this true?"

Do you:

A)  Give him something (say what)
B)  Tell him no, but that you are happy to be on your way
C)  Attack him

HP: 5

Status:   Deep scratch on right arm (cleaned and bandaged); Deep gash in throat and severe blood loss (cleaned and bandaged).

Inventory:
Handgun (3/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Health Drink (1)
Sunglasses
Pendant 1/5    
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:57:40 PM by Perhaps Not Genowyn »

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2010, 07:09:55 PM »
"Yes.  Yes, I think I do," you say.  You open the knapsack and begin looking throught it.  You cannot find the guitar picks, and you begin to panic.  

The Count leans close to you and places a strong hand on your shoulder.  "I have them.  Even my treasure, my Mike Stone pick.  I had to test you and see whether you would give them to me.  I had to know more about your heart before trusting you with this," he says as he hands you a pendant like the one the Silent Man gave you.  "Now drink this," he says, taking your health drink out of your pack.  "Quickly.  We have only minutes before the moon rises.  And trust me, you don't want to be found smiling at the moon in your condition."

You drink the health drink and ask him the question that had been on your mind for a while.  "But what about the moon where I am going?"

"I don't think it works that way," he says.  "You have only become a slave to the moon in this place.  Now, use the mirror.  Quickly."

"Wait, aren't you going to help me?" you ask.

"There is not much more I can do.  But I am sending you to someone who can help," he says.

"Someone else?  Who?  Where am I going?" you ask.

The count smiles and says, "You're off to see the wizard.  But you'll need all your cunning to solve the riddles you'll find there where he is."

You think about it for a moment and say, "No.  I think I need to go back to the studio.  I--I can't explain why.  But I just feel I have to try to get to the bottom of what that machine was trying to do to me."

He responds, "I don't think that is a good idea.  You need to know what you're up against before you go back there.  Go and see the wizard first," he says.  You ponder his words and pace around the room.  As you glance out the nearby window, you see the smallest sliver of moon begin to peek over the hills.  You don't have much time to decide.

Do you:

A)  Go to the wizard's domain
B)  Go to the studio

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (3/3)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5    

Offline DarkChestOfWonders

  • The Slayer
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ****
  • Posts: 145
  • Gender: Female
  • Resident Nightwish fanatic
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »
So let's recap:  We have gained courage and a heart, and are now being sent to get a brain and see the wizard.  Awesome.   :D

A
\"thats Mr McDogwick to you.  (...come back after nine. bring LOTS of leather.)\"  ~Sabredog.

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »
"Maybe you're right," you say.  "Do you have something that can take me to him?"

"No," replies the Count.  "But you do.  That's his iPhone."

You take out the phone and look at it.  The bebot application catches your eye, but you don't have time to play with it right now.  You don't feel well and find yourself sweating, although you don't feel particularly warm.  You stand in front of the mirror and notice you do not look so good either.  You try to clear your mind and reach out toward the phone in your hand.  A place you do not recognize begins to coalesce in the mirror; a place with dark wood, a huge crystal chandelier, and plush red carpeting.  Involuntarily, your body begins to convulse, breaking your concentration.

"Quickly!" shouts the Count.  "It is beginning.  Try to focus!"

You feel excruciating pain in your limbs as if your very bones are cracking.  You turn back to the mirror, which is caught halfway between the image of this new place and your own reflection, which you realize is starting to resemble you less and less as your body begins to change.  You take a deep breath, ignore the pain, and refocus.  You close your eyes.  After a few moments, you hear the Count.  "Go now!  Your time is up.  He is probably hiding somewhere below, but if you look hard enough, you will find the keys to find him and he should be able to give you what you need.  Learn the tri-tone.  It may help.  Now go!"  You open your eyes and see the mirror open before you into this other place.  Your body again begins to convulse, causing the image to waver and causing you to drop to your knees.  You feel the Count's strong hands lift you up and push you toward the mirror.  But you also feel in your mind that the portal is closing and that it is too late.  Reflexively, you close your eyes and put up your hands to protect yourself.  You feel a brief resistance and hear glass shattering.  Then...you fall...

Thankfully, you have a soft landing.  You open your eyes to find yourself lying on the dark red carpet you saw in the mirror.  There are shards of glass on the floor all around you.  You get up and look around.  On the wall is what remains of a huge, ornately framed mirror that is now shattered.  You realize that is the mirror you must have come through.  But you won't be going back that way any time soon.  You see the chandelier.  The room is lavishly decorated and as you look around, you realize you appear to be in what looks like the lobby of a theater.  There are various posters of all kinds of entertainment acts, musical, dramatic, and otherwise, but none that you've ever heard of.  To the north are two doors.  The one to the left has an exit sign above it.  The one to the right has a sign on the door that says "Box Office - employees only."  To the south is a door with a sign that says "restrooms."  To the east are two doors into the theater auditorium.  There are also two staircases leading upstairs.  There's a room at the top of the stairs, but you don't feel particularly drawn to it.

Before doing anything, you reach down and pick up the phone, which you realize you must have dropped when you came through the mirror.  Now that you realize it belongs to the person you are here to see, you take a moment to look through it.  There are a lot of different apps.  The "to-do list" app is flashing, so you open it.  A couple of tasks pop up:  (1) rehearsal; (2) get tickets.  "Get tickets," you say to yourself.  "The world has apparently gone nuts, and the wizard's phone is reminding him to get tickets.  Weird."  You put the phone away.

But while you're thinking about it, you take the opportunity to reload the handgun.

Do you:

A)  Go to the "exit" door
B)  Go to the box office
C)  Go into the auditorium
D)  Go upstairs
E)  Go to the restroom

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5      
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:41:46 AM by Perhaps Not Genowyn »

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »
You look down at your chest and notice the pendants again do not appear to be there, although you can sense that they are.  You were not aware they behaved this way prior to your incident with the Count.

You decide to head to the box office door.  It opens.  You go in and see a window to the west facing the entrance hallway.  There is a countertop along that same western wall.  There are drawers underneath it and some sorting bins off to the side.  There are various mail slots on the north wall, along with a bulletin board.  There is a desk along the east wall and several boxes stacked up next to it.  Next to the door on the wall next to you, you see a diagram of the theater taped to the wall, so you take it.



Do you:

A)  Take a look around the box office
B)  Go back to the lobby

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5     

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2010, 05:11:04 PM »
You look around the box office.  There is a lot of cool stuff, but nothing that really catches your eye until you look in the sorting bins on the countertop and see an envelope that is literally shaking.  You gingerly retrieve it from the slot and see an inscription on it that says, "open me."

Do you:

A)  Open up; open up
B)  Put it down and leave

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5     

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »
A. [Edited] I know I might regret it later, but... It's a secret envelope!

Since it said "open me," it obviously disagrees with you.

You open the envelope and, staring down into the envelope, you find inside two tickets for section 101, row K, sets 10 and 11.  "Not bad seats," you say as you take the tickets.  You find nothing else of interest and go back outside.

Do you:

A)  Go to the "exit" door
B)  Go into the auditorium
C)  Go upstairs
D)  Go to the restrooms

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
D as well. I believe something will happen on the Auditorium so we should explore smaller areas first.

Wont you be embarrassed when the real show is actually in the bathroom? :eyebrows:

All I'm saying is...DT haven't released all the dates for their "one-off" shows yet...if ya' know what I mean.  :eyebrows:

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »
**Note:  I realized that the version of the first floor theater map I uploaded did not have one of the changes I made, so I just uploaded the new version.  If you printed out the old one that was posted, take a look at the new one.  You probably don't need to print a new one unless you want to.  The only thing that is different is the restroom entrance area.  But you should definitely make sure to print it out if you haven't printed it yet.  I predict you will need to take good notes in this world.

You head south through the door marked "restrooms" and are caught somewhat off guard.  You are in what should be, according to the map, a short hallway, with the men's room door to the west and the women's room door to the east.  The doors are in the right directions, but are about 50 yards or so farther away than either the map or the laws of physics should allow.  The hallway walls are dark brown, but there is otherwise nothing unusual about these walls.  The hallway itself is dimly lit.  The floor is black and white checkered tile.  As with the rest of the theater you have seen so far, the hallway is dusty and does not look like it has been used in some time.  However, it is dimly lit from some light source you cannot see.  There is construction debris piled along the south wall, including some long boards. 

You notice there is a large hole in the floor to the east that blocks your path in that direction.  As you look and try to think of whether or not you might be able to cross it, you feel a hand tap you on the shoulder.  As you turn and look, you see nothing, but here what sounds like a child's giggling and the sound of footsteps far down the hallway to the west.

Do you:

A)  Go to the men's room
B)  Examine the pit to the east
C)  Go back out into the lobby

HP: 35

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets

Offline Perhaps not Genowyn

  • 2 donut holes are better than 1
  • Posts: 4503
  • Gender: Female
  • Rollin, rollin, rollin...
Re: Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2010, 12:45:36 PM »
Sorry guys.  I was gone for a while.

You begin walking toward the men's room.  As you do, you step on a black tile and are startled by the sound of a very loud, dissonant pipe organ note.  You jump back and the note immediately stops.  You look down and notice a cut on your left forearm that is bleeding slightly.  "How did that happen?" you wonder to yourself.  You notice you are standing on a white tile only.

Do you:

A)  Continue toward the men's room in the most direct manner possible.
B)  Continue toward the men's room, careful to only walk on white tiles
C)  Examine the pit to the east
D)  Go back out into the lobby

HP: 33

Status:   Bandages on arm and throat, but those wounds are now completely healed.  Slight cut on left forearm.

Inventory:
Handgun (6/0)
iPhone
Envelope
Studio map (partial)
Small knife
Light orb
Silent Tower map
Hand
Sunglasses
Pendant 2/5
Tickets