General > Archive

IT'S BACK!!! Choose Your Own Nightmare II: Scenes From A Memory *UPDATED 8/8/11*

(1/44) > >>

Genowyn:
EDIT:  It took me long enough, BUT WE'RE BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got bosk1 to edit out most of the posts that are not story narrative, but I kept in some of the posts that show people how to play the game and how people solved some of the puzzles.  But the thread is now more streamlined, so it will be easier to go back and read the story and figure out where we are.  

For those who are new, just jump right in now and go back and figure out the story later.  If you wait and try to read it all before playing, you may never start.  JUST READ THE FIRST FEW POSTS, THE LAST FEW, AND THEN JUMP IN AND PLAY!!!

The rules are simple:  You are in a world that is growing, changing, and being created before your very eyes.  I give you the options, you choose which one you want to see unfold.  As you do, this place becomes a product of my mind and yours (and, of course, DT has some influence as well).  

Now, choose your own nightmare...

====================================================

You are sitting at a table in the outdoor lunch area at school having lunch with some of your friends listening to your MP3 player.  It's Friday, just another day, and you can't wait for school to be over because you are talking about your plans for the weekend.  As you are talking, you notice a strange movement like a dark figure moving in the bushes out of the corner of your eye.  Every time you turn your head to look directly at it and get a better view, it disappears.  You also get the feeling you are being watched.  This happens several times, but you see nothing to be alarmed about, even if you do find it a bit odd.

After a few minutes, your friends leave as you stay behind and finish the last bit of your lunch.  You feel a tap on your shoulder, interrupting your train of thought.  You turn around quickly, smiling, expecting to see your friend Derek, who was the last of your friends to leave the table before you.  As you do, the song that was playing on your MP3 player, A Nightmare To Remember, suddenly crescendos in volume, and then abruptly cuts off leaving only static.  You see a robed figure dressed all in black standing before you with its arm outstretched.  You try to look at its face, but it is wearing a hood that covers its face in shadow.  Its "hand" actually resembles a bear claw more than an actual human hand.  In its hand, it holds a envelope that appears to have a card or note inside.  You take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

You reach out to take the envelope.  As your hand touches it, it feels like ice, and a shooting cold stabs up your arm.  Although your mind tells your hand to let go of the card, you cannot.  You appear frozen in place, but the world around you, including the mysterious shadowy figure, turns to liquid, then begins to blur, and then to melt away.  The only thing you hear is the static, which grows louder and louder, and the sound of a scream inside your head that sounds like your own voice.  You black out.

You awaken lying on a table in an unfamiliar place.  As you scan the room, you realize that you are in what appears to be a recording studio.  A monstrous drum kit, and various amplifiers, guitars, basses, and keyboards are in the room.  You look down at your arm, which seems normal again, and notice you are holding the envelope.  On the east wall is a door, which you cannot see through.  On the south wall is a window with what appers to be a darkened control room.  On the west wall is a door.  On the north wall, you see five pictures hanging there.  The first is a picture of a camel.  The second is a man whose mouth appears to be bandaged up.  The third is a bear.  The fourth is the dark outline of a man with a conical shaped hat, possibly that of a sorceror.  The fifth, simply a hole in the ground with a shovel next to it.  Although the place looks normal enough, everything about this place just doesn't feel right.

Do you:
A) Open the envelope
B) Look around the room
C) Head east.
D) Head west  

HP:90

Injuries:

Inventory:
MP3 Player
Envelope

bosk1:
 :omg:  I didn't even see this! 

Uh...A

Ultimetalhead:
YES.

A

EDIT: Just reread the thing, looking for more references, and holy shit. This is going to go down in forum history.

Jamesman42:
So, this works by choosing an option every time you want to move the story forward? I never was a part of the last thread and I want to make sure that that is the rule. :)

Also, A.

Perhaps not Genowyn:
You turn the envelope over in your hands.  It looks and feels like a normal envelope, but when you try to open it, it begins to glow faintly and does not open.  As you continue to struggle with it, you think you hear a very soft sound, almost like giggling.  As you continue to wrestle with the envelope and it resists your efforts, you also grow more determined and tell yourself it is only a matter of time before you succeed.  As you do so, you fail to notice the envelope is growing hotter and hotter until you look at your hands and notice they are blistering.  You quickly drop the envelope on the floor.

Do you:
A) Continue trying to open the envelope
B) Look around the room
C) Head east.
D) Head west 

HP:90

Injuries:

Inventory:
MP3 Player
Envelope

Navigation

[0] Message Index